• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Goku vs Ledgic fight is seriously underrated. It was a nice change of scenery than the usually afternoon fight in the middle of the desert. Ledgic recognising Goku's Saiyan heritage was also an interesting unexplored plot point. Either Ledgic was old enough to know about the Saiyans when they were many, or he could have encountered one before.

I can't wait until the official reveal. I hope they do him justice.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Mercenary Tao
Kid Goku
Bulma
King Piccolo
Dabura
Super Buu
Janemba
Radditz
Zarbon
Android 19/ Dr Gero
Baby Vegeta
Omega Shenron
Super 17
Pan
Supreme Kai
SSJ4 Goku
Bojack
Android 13
Taipon
Kefla
Mr Satan
Garlic Jr

Who else am i missing from a potential character roster in a sequel/ season pass 3? Or who else would people like to see other then the characters listed ?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Goku vs Ledgic fight is seriously underrated. It was a nice change of scenery than the usually afternoon fight in the middle of the desert. Ledgic recognising Goku's Saiyan heritage was also an interesting unexplored plot point. Either Ledgic was old enough to know about the Saiyans when they were many, or he could have encountered one before.

I can't wait until the official reveal. I hope they do him justice.

You know Ledgic would actually be pretty cool, a multi weapon stance user would be completely different from anything else in the game

Oct 25, 2017
Mercenary Tao
Kid Goku
Bulma
King Piccolo
Dabura
Super Buu
Janemba
Radditz
Zarbon
Android 19/ Dr Gero
Baby Vegeta
Omega Shenron
Super 17
Pan
Supreme Kai
SSJ4 Goku
Bojack
Android 13
Taipon
Kefla
Mr Satan
Garlic Jr

Who else am i missing from a potential character roster in a sequel/ season pass 3? Or who else would people like to see other then the characters listed ?
Lord Slug, Turles, Metal Cooler are usually 2nd string characters they go with the sequels in DB video games. They could also bring in Nova and Ice Shenron from GT and there's still UI Goku whenever they decide to bring him in.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Lord Slug, Turles, Metal Cooler are usually 2nd string characters they go with the sequels in DB video games. They could also bring in Nova and Ice Shenron from GT and there's still UI Goku whenever they decide to bring him in.

Lord slug i could see being an interesting one, but turles doesnt have a unique moveset from what i recall of the film ?

Nova i could absolutely see, but not before SSJ4 or omega or any of the main villains

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Reminder that they recasted Kid Goku voice in Xenoverse, and now shares the same VA as Kid Gohan, and it's ahuge downgrade to the point I would call it horrible.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So he does use the power pole, that's good at least. Give him janken and nimbus and we're getting somewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Lord slug i could see being an interesting one, but turles doesnt have a unique moveset from what i recall of the film ?

Nova i could absolutely see, but not before SSJ4 or omega or any of the main villains
I'd be up for Turles in the sequel just for his stage and he had a few cool moves to use from like the fruit from the Tree of Might. I'd prefer him as a Goku clone over someone like Bardock.
SpeedyKeenAlpaca-size_restricted.gif
UnkemptPleasantHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

bfa1b495dfcea7bb89d54c9e3152f1a8.gif
b0909951265e4f4459b21bef0b7aa12f.gif

Of all the GT characters, that the DB games sleep on has to be General Rildo though considering he has three forms and a rather unique move set, and he can transform into silicon and move around that way.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Reminder that they recasted Kid Goku voice in Xenoverse, and now shares the same VA as Kid Gohan, and it's ahuge downgrade to the point I would call it horrible.

Kid Goku and Kid Gohan always had the same VA. The problem is that voice actresses who took over during Dragon Ball Kai can't seem to do Kid Goku. Instead, she does a higher pitch version of her Luffy.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be up for Turles in the sequel just for his stage and he had a few cool moves to use from like the fruit from the Tree of Might. I'd prefer him as a Goku clone over someone like Bardock.

Of all the GT characters, that the DB games sleep on has to be General Rildo though considering he has three forms and a rather unique move set, and he can transform into silicon and move around that way.

I forget, what was the in universe reason for Turles looking like Goku?
(we know the real reason was because they probably had wanted an evil doppleganger in the series for a long time)

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
(we know the real reason was because they probably had wanted an evil doppleganger in the series for a long time)
Low level Saiyans are supposed to look very similar.

Edit: That's what I remember, I could be wrong.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Turles is pure ass. When your whole gimmick is, "I look similar to Goku!" you deserve to be left in the dustbin with Raditz.

However, The Tree of Might does get points for being hype as hell and giving the Z Fighters one last hurrah. Yes, Yamcha, Tien, Chaotzu and other get bodied in record time, but at least they showed up!

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018

Man i love the films. But yeah whilst some of his moves could be cool, from the list i gave, turtles would be far down. Sick of seeing gokus face honestly

There wasnt one. From what i recall the characters just go 'wow he looks like you goku' and then its never addressed.

Oct 25, 2017
It was some asinine explanation that low class warriors look the similar to one another or something stupid like that.

The real reason was he was supposed to be a foil to Goku and to show what Goku would be like if he didn't hit his head as a child.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think it was ever elaborated on, he was just a evil saiyan who happened to look similar to Goku.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Low level Saiyans are supposed to look very similar.

Edit: That's what I remember, I could be wrong.
Turles seems to imply that lower class warriors tend to look alike. So there's that.

Man i love the films. But yeah whilst some of his moves could be cool, from the list i gave, turtles would be far down. Sick of seeing gokus face honestly

There wasnt one. From what i recall the characters just go 'wow he looks like you goku' and then its never addressed.
It was some asinine explanation that low class warriors look the similar to one another or something stupid like that.

The real reason was he was supposed to be a foil to Goku and to show what Goku would be like if he didn't hit his head as a child.

I don't think it was ever elaborated on, he was just a evil saiyan who happened to look similar to Goku.

Lol, no wonder i forgot.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Kid Goku and Kid Gohan always had the same VA. The problem is that voice actresses who took over during Dragon Ball Kai can't seem to do Kid Goku. Instead, she does a higher pitch version of her Luffy.
I never liked the new dub Luffy' voice, and would even rather have the 4kids voice actor back, even though it may be worst. I guess it will become a trend for me to skip any dub that has Colleen voice a male character.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck off.

Really?

FUCKING really?

Jeeze.

Like, the only other Goku they should add is KID Goku (DB) paired with Master Roshi. Kid Goku using the power pole and his childlike fighting style using the numbus to fly and everything.

Not fucking small Goku who turns into hairy red goku who fights the same as the other gokus we already have.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I can't believe that they would add yet ANOTHER Goku when there are so many more good fighters in the Dragonball series that can be added.

Oct 27, 2017
It's confirmed Powerpole will be a part of his moveset so we have that at least.
If you count kid Goku as SSJ4 and Gogeta as being Supers version then this is accurate so far, but I believe the season pass was stated to have less characters than this image, so that might debunk it? (not sure how many reveals are left)
Yea that amount in the picture versus what we were shown earlier this year leads me to believe it is false. I wouldn't put it past them to sneak in some extra DLC though.

That came from an unreliable source, so no.
Thanks. I wondered when I first saw it earlier this year. I assumed it was fake after the official reveal of amount of DLC.

It never held true at any point. Anyone could tell you that a season pass with Raditz and Zarbon in it is bullshit.
Aw man, lol. I am a Zarbon fan. Not a Raditz fan though.

This was already debunked. It was taken from someone's wishlist I believe.
Thanks. I wondered when I first saw it earlier this year. I assumed it was fake after the official reveal of amount of DLC.

Remove Raditz for Dabra and it's perfect.
I could get behind this change.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I never liked the new dub Luffy' voice, and would even rather have the 4kids voice actor back, even though it may be worst. I guess it will become a trend for me to skip any dub that has Colleen voice a male character.

Personally loved Colleen and her versions of Luffy along with her doing Future Mai. But her Gohan, 18 (she voiced 18 in Kai and some games before the original VA came back around Xenoverse), and especially her Goku are her weakest performances.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Oh fuck off.

Really?

FUCKING really?

Jeeze.

Like, the only other Goku they should add is KID Goku (DB) paired with Master Roshi. Kid Goku using the power pole and his childlike fighting style using the numbus to fly and everything.

Not fucking small Goku who turns into hairy red goku who fights the same as the other gokus we already have.

Only Super Saiyan and Blue Goku really fights the same. Base form Goku is noticeably different. That and it seems GT Goku only goes Super Saiyan 4 under special conditions, so he's in his kid form 95% of the time. Kinda like how Super Saiyan Goku goes Super Saiyan 3 on one of his attacks.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Only Super Saiyan and Blue Goku really fights the same. Base form Goku is noticeably different. That and it seems GT Goku only goes Super Saiyan 4 under special conditions, so he's in his kid form 95% of the time. Kinda like how Super Saiyan Goku goes Super Saiyan 3 on one of his attacks.

I mean, I know they play differently in the game, but I mean, fighting style wise Goku kinda fights the same from SSJ onwards (until UI).

I don't remember much of GT, but I don't remember kid goku fighting much like in his DB days, just like he did in Z but shorter.

I expect Kid Goku to feel differently than the other Gokus, but still. They have a lot more to go off of for DB Goku I feel compared to GT.

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to the old english Young Goku/Gohan VA? They seemed alright to me.

I think I'll be alright with a DB inspired kid Goku that only uses transformations in supers. I still feel like they're leaving a lot on the table with the character though. His fighting style in DB was drastically different than what it was post the Piccolo arc. He and Roshi have a ton of content to work with that would make them unique from a fighting game aspect.

All this also got me wondering what happened to the power pole? I remember Goku using it to get to Kami's lookout in DB and then never remember seeing it again outside of the first DBZ intro.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
People shit on GT but everyone forgets that it had a game that somehow was terrible even for back in the day standards. That intro cinematic was super hype though!

Serious talk though, does it matter if GT was terrible if we're just talking about a fighting character? It's basically just a child goku, the story behind him doesn't really matter I think, if it's a good fighting character. Having Pan in the game for example would be cool.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018

Wow, reading the answers to your question and I realise he wasn't another brother of Goku like I tought since decades. I need a drink...