• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the murders in Dragon Ball are played for laughs or at the very least black comedy like how Frieza got Broly to go Super Saiyan.

And how is a behavior being played for laughs makes them worst? It would be something if the show was okay with his behavior, but Roshi being a perv is always presented as a bad thing and he regularly gets punished for it. In comparison, the nazi mass murderers are often made to be cool with Black specifically never being punished for his actions and Vegeta getting a hot rich wife despite his past that he didn't make up for until the Buu Saga.

Cause you please stop calling them nazi's to strengthen your point? It's inaccurate and frankly disrespectful.

I always liked Roshi as martial artist (he was a badass in the World's Strongest) but he was a bit much and I could see why others would have an issue with him. I mean, an under age Bulma flashed her privates at him for a dragonball. Yea played for laughs haha that's fucking disgusting

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
They had a perfect out for Master Roshi when his voice actor died. Instead they just replaced the seiyuu and kept him around for cameos. Super tried to redeem him in the most tone deaf way possible but at least it was something but even that didn't last. He goes straight back into suggestive rape/sexual assault gags during the tournament of power against one of the female antagonists. He's gross and you'll all be able to live fine without him in this video game.

It was one gag, and he was dead serious for almost the entire TOP.

And it's funny you're holding that gag against Roshi in the TOP when Goku in the Buu Saga tried to pimp Videl, who's 16, and Bulma to Old Kai. In the dub, they toned this down to him offering a kiss. In the sub and manga, he offered Old Kai to feel their boobs and he did this without bothering to asked them. Even in the Universal Survival Saga, Goku saw Roshi 'assaulting' a girl and instead of doing anything, he left the room and let it continued.

So we can can call Goku disgusting and asked for him not to be in anymore games unless it's Kid Goku.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I like Goku, but I wasn't a fan of GT and think it sucks that it closes the door on so many possibilities for the last slot. I would be shocked if they did a season three. It's more likely that they do a FighterZ 2.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory False Equivalences Over a Series of Posts
Cause you please stop calling them nazi's to strengthen your point? It's inaccurate and frankly disrespectful.

I always liked Roshi as martial artist (he was a badass in the World's Strongest) but he was a bit much and I could see why others would have an issue with him. I mean, an under age Bulma flashed her privates at him for a dragonball. Yea played for laughs haha that's fucking disgusting

Black and Frieza are practically fictional nazis. There's even a trope on this: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ANaziByAnyOtherName

That Bulma one was mostly Bulma's fault. Roshi asked to see Bulma's panties, Bulma didn't know Goku removed her underwear, and she flash Roshi. Yeah, Roshi was grossed for asking, but he didn't tell her to strip.

I can see the issues with Roshi, but it seems weird to call him any worse than the other characters in Dragon Ball that people love.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
I like Goku, but I wasn't a fan of GT and think it sucks that it closes the door on so many possibilities for the last slot. I would be shocked if the did a season three. It's more likely that they do a FighterZ 2.

I think it sucks that GT fans have had to wait to get even this crumb of content. I was growing an active resentment towards the game because there was no real reason for it not to have a single representative. You and others might not like GT, but there are many who do. I'm happy to see people as excited as I am.

I also wouldn't give up on more characters. People didn't think we would get a Season 2 either and I think they should just keep adding to this like Xenoverse 2. I would love to see everyone's favorite realized in FighterZ because they've knocked it out of the part with almost every character thus far.

Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
I can't help but feel this is the worst pick regardless of your stance.

If you don't want more Gokus, this sucks.

If you want GT rep, there are other more interesting characters. I would've loved Baby Vegeta, Omega Shenron, Super 17 or Pan.

If you DO want more Gokus, SSJ4 would've been a more visually interesting pick.

If you wanted Kid Goku, this is kind of a copout.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
He even has the Power Pole in his render. It seems like they didn't want DB Kid Goku because he can't fly or whatever.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is just so silly if it's the case. Rewatch Goku vs Tenshinhan in the 22nd Budokai and you'll see Goku continuously exchanging blows with Tenshinhan without touching the ground or even somehow moving out of the way of attacks mid-jump.

No one cares about characters without flight having air dashes or double jumps in the Marvel Vs games either.

Last edited:

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Look how short this fucker is compared to Trunks even (who's not really tall himself). This will be no fun to fight against.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A kid Goku's a kid Goku. I'dve preferred proper OG DB Goku but if they won't give us that, this is the next best thing

Now he's a Saiyan, strong, Pilaf makes him a child again~

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
A normal DB skin would be amazing. I've been waiting for kid goku since the game was announced.

Guess i'll have 4 characters i use now.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about GT ruining this franchise will always be funny to me. Like DBZ has such great, deep and consistent writing for it to be ruined.

The GT characters are fun looking and at least the arcs make sense in it

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So DB characters are never coming then
characters like Yamcha and Tien pretty much only really use stuff from Dragon Ball so it's not like there isn't any of it in the game
Krillin and Piccolo also have stuff from DB but not nearly as much as the other two

This hurts more knowing it could very well just be regular kid Goku from the og DB.
that could have been what they were going for but something probably held them back which they had to compromise by going with his GT version

Oct 29, 2017
GT Remake is coming ?

Bandai and Toei are in a recent GT kick

-More GT focused Merch than ever
-Dokkan Anniversary being a love letter to GT
-SDBH having GT as the setting for the Demon realm arc
-GT SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta along Hyper Mega Rilld finally being added to Legendz
-GT itself is back on Japanese TV

And now this, so there's definitely a possibility of something being planned with GT.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Well, from a function standpoint at least it seems like they'll play kinda like the Kid Goku I wanted (with the Power Pole being present). I just hope they include a proper OG Dragon Ball alt (like Videl's alt) to make it feel a bit closer to what I wanted (ignoring the Spirit Bomb).

I'm curious about the second Level 3 teased though. It'll probably just be a cut-scene super with SSJ4 or Golden Great Ape, but would they really hide something that simple? I'm really hoping that they are waiting to show off an SSJ4 install.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else think the final charcter is going to be another GT Charcter

We have

Jiren
Videl
Kid Goku
????
Gogeta
Super Broly

Thinking about it, they may go with Baby Vegeta/Baby since it would be eaiser

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017

We have

Jiren
Videl
Kid Goku
????
Gogeta
Super Broly

I'm still going with Kefla since we're lacking female characters, but GT Goku was a surprise so I have no idea at this point.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
This is Path to Power (db origin to red ribbon summary movie) Goku and no one can tell me otherwise.
51ZX4E119YL._SY445_.jpg

I don't care if it says (GT) on the scan I'll deny it all day.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017

We have

Jiren
Videl
Kid Goku
????
Gogeta
Super Broly

At this point I'm expecting the last character to be Ultra Instinct Goku since the game clearly doesn't have enough Gokus.