• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I smell GT7 as a launch title for PS5 now. Modest updates.. sounds good to me! They cant keep churning out content for this game and the next (given this gens CPU limitations especially)

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Hopefully GT7 PS5 is everything in sport + more new content. With better graphics and performance and full VR support we could have a winner.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yass GT7

anyway I just started GT Sport a week back and man, the GT League races are great. Only thing missing are previous caRPG mechanics but i guess they'll add that later.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Probably about to start development of the next game.

The next GT has been in development for a while now

"I think in terms of races themselves and physics GT Sport has really reached the best place that we've ever reached – we're at a very good place," says Yamauchi. "On the other hand, obviously we're working on the next Gran Turismo already, and the world of sport we've achieved through GT Sport is something I've always imagined to be the future of Gran Turismo. We were able to establish that now."

"I don't normally play the past editions of Gran Turismo," answers Yamauchi. "But since I started doing the world tours, the players, they're all young guys but they all bring GT2 or GT3 with them – like, how old were you when this game came out!? So I've had more opportunity to play them recently, and it's surprising how much I've forgotten!"

"Having done all these World Tours, it gave me the opportunity to feel the history of Gran Turismo," he adds. "It gives me pointers and hints of the things we should make sure that we do in the future of the series."

What does this mean for the next title — whether it's GT7 or GTS2? "I think the next title that we're going to create will be a combination of the past, present and future – a complete form of Gran Turismo," he answers.

www.gtplanet.net

Next Gran Turismo Will be a 'Combination of Past, Present, and Future'

We recently got the opportunity to sit down with Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi. The round-table chat took place during a break in the schedule at the Nurburgring World Tour event, and you can read the first part of the discussion here. With all the industry talk right now centered

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is it silly of me to expect GT7 within launch window-launch year of PS5?
I too tought that the lukewarm start of Sport pushed them to focus on another mainline title pretty soon, and considering the smotther hardware transition i kind of expect them to have less work to do than from 6 to Sport, plus they've beem sort of spear-heading PS R&D in terms of RayTracing, 8K and all that jazz...
Pipe dream?

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
I've wanted to pickup GT Sport for a while now and to try the VR mode, is there no offline career mode or any offline legs?
There are lots of offline modes. About on par with GT5.
It should be said that only a few modes are available in VR. IRC it's limited to one player vs one AI races.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope one of the final updates is to remove the necessity of always online for procession.

tmkn

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kaz said when GTS released that all the cars have a way higher poly count than PS4 could handle, and that they stripped them down so it could run on PS4. I assume the real version of the cars are for PS5. GT7 or whatever it's called has always been in development.
you must be new, he said this everytime starting with the PS2

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Hoping we will see a Gran Turismo [Sport] 7 in 2021. It's been twenty years since GT3 which was the last time we saw a timely launch for the new system (summer 2001).

Q4 2021 would be four years after GTS. Considering GTS was four years after GT6, and GT PS5 will be able to build on GTS, that seems exceedingly reasonable to me.

I think PS5's 2021 might end up a lot stronger than PS4's 2014. It took a long time for the PS4 to get going. In comparison, it's not inconceivable for GT PS5, FFXVI, and Starfield all to be 2021 titles. Feels a lot more like PS2's 2001 than PS4's 2014.

Last edited:

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
So no more rain updates, I guess. Dynamic tod will be on ps5 then, hopefully.
That has to absolutely be a standard feature of a PS5 Gran Turismo. No excuses for it not to be in there.

Don't mind the lack of updates and content from now on although I wish there were more rain options. I guess they want to leave some cars exclusively for Gran Turismo on PS5 (since they use the same models for GTS).

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
you must be new, he said this everytime starting with the PS2

We're not going to know if he keeps to it until the PS5 GT is unveiled, but unlike before they're actually able to build cars at an extremely high quality in every aspect. This is what their cars look like now

i1ugmvjqdmk9uubp9k4t.jpg

i1upxw16sgdh77edbknf.jpg

i18gfsc2cp0vvgdljfa.jpg

And considering that this still has to run on the PS4, that shouldn't even be the highest end version of the Taycan that they have.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
All they need to do is shake up the Sport race selection and GTS is good to go for another year. Really tired of them using repeat track / car combinations. They keep adding all these tracks and cars and we are back at Tsukuba and Autopolis over and over with Miata's and GT86/BRZ. I also would love to see one of the three "daily" races be converted back to daily rotation or add a fourth race that changes daily and leave the other three weekly.

Oct 25, 2017
Spin that Sport shit off into a free to play download game and give me my offline GT back mixed with Tourist Trophy on PS5.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Would already be fine with a GTS PS5 upgrade with full VR support.

But I don't expect GT7 at PS5 launch or short later.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
We're not going to know if he keeps to it until the PS5 GT is unveiled, but unlike before they're actually able to build cars at an extremely high quality in every aspect. This is what their cars look like now

i1ugmvjqdmk9uubp9k4t.jpg

i1upxw16sgdh77edbknf.jpg

i18gfsc2cp0vvgdljfa.jpg

And considering that this still has to run on the PS4, that shouldn't even be the highest end version of the Taycan that they have.

What the fuck? That looks so good! I need to reinstall it ASAP!

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure those car models can be used as-is on PS5. Tweak the shaders a bit, give them ray traced reflections, and we're golden. It's the tracks that will need the most work.

But this does seem to indicate they're shifting resources. I don't know about GT7 being a launch title, but it's obvious they're working on it.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I smell GT7 as a launch title for PS5 now. Modest updates.. sounds good to me! They cant keep churning out content for this game and the next (given this gens CPU limitations especially)

We are not getting GT7 until at least three years into the PS5. I would so love to be wrong because GT is one of my favorite franchises but I have zero confidence in PD and Kaz to put together a finished game in a reasonable amount of time.

At this point I just hope it's a finished product when it releases.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
The biggest improvement I want from the next game is an end to these ridiculous default races against the AI that are more like overtake challenges than proper races. Whether rolling or grid start all the cars should be together.

I know they do the silly processions so the framerate doesn't tank on start, but you can't keep claiming a motorsport pedigree and not having proper races starts unless you choose them in a custom race.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
We are not getting GT7 until at least three years into the PS5. I would so love to be wrong because GT is one of my favorite franchises but I have zero confidence in PD and Kaz to put together a finished game in a reasonable amount of time.

Why? GT6 was only 3 years.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

We however don't know how long they have been working on a next gen game.
We know they showcased Raytracing in 2018 at a Siggraph event I think. We know PS5 has HW RT.
We know the cars they make for Sport are easily transferable to PS5 as the X86 architecture is already confirmed for next gen, as is AMD Navi GPU. It will be the easiest transition ever for them. On top of that, some speculate that some racing events are even handled in a procedurally generated way so more of the team works on a sequel.
If we go by what's happened in the past... you're right. But.. I'm hoping things are a bit different going foward.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017

This.
There's zero chance of GT7 being a launch title. Best case scenario is we get a PS5 upgrade for GTSport at launch.