• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
EDIT: sorry, it's not a reliable source. I saw it upvoted on Reddit, so I thought it was legit.
They took IGN's discussion from April as a "source".

Confirmation From The CEO
According to its CEO Straus Zelnick, they claim that so far as what they have put out on Switch has succeeded. Thus, this is the main reason why GTA 5 will be coming to the console. Apart from that, they have acquired great sales numbers, giving them the needed motivation to release more games on the said platform.
Moreover, Zelnick confirms that GTA 5 will be released for Nintendo Switch sooner rather than later. The CEO also added that they could also see other games from Take Two to appear on Switch. These would include BioShock, Mafia series, Red Dead Redemption, X-Com and many others.
https://gadgetadvisor.com/gaming/gta-5-finally-coming-to-nintendo-switch-after-ceo-confirms/

Last edited:

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I've been close to buying it before, but luckily never did.

He also name drops Red Dead Redemption as a possible switch game.

Edit: Yeah, it does sound strange that a random website would get this kinda news. I guess it would be big news, reserved for a Nintendo Direct. Skyrim was just as old, and that port got a lot of attention.

Last edited:

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
denzel-boom-gif-1.gif

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
I mean, the game was made for the PS3 and Xbox360 so I don't see why not.

EDIT:
Actually... I don't think that website is very reliable?
I read the whole thing and it sounds weird and vague.
It is more like a fan rumor than anything to be honest.
Nothing to back it up.

Last edited:

Plum

May 31, 2018
This is the most underwhelming reveal of what is going to be such a historical moment in Nintendo's recent history lol

EDIT: Yeah, no source, random website, I'm gonna write this off as BS.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Nice if true, but it'll probably perform like the last gen version. Good for those who have no other console, or who really (still) want to play this on the go, I guess.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Is this actually a legit source?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Wait? He mentions Red Dead Redemption? Wut, i thought this was the game nobody wanted to port because it's held together by scotch tape?

(Right, wait for source verification before replying RIP me)

I call fake because of the mention of Red Dead because of what I stated above.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
What is that site? Dont see where its confirmed expect that this website is claiming that.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Took waaaay longer than what I was expecting. But if it's indeed coming "sooner rather than later" then it's fine.
Odd way to announce it tho, if true. Waiting for more traditional sites to report on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.