• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

Most recently, notable Battlefield leaker Tom Henderson claimed that we might not see GTA VI until as late as 2025. Others have suggested that development is a "mess", and that work on the game has been restarted several times.

Given this, it might not be too surprising to learn that the game is apparently the only one Rockstar will deliver on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles. This is according to leaker AccountNGT, who has claimed on Twitter that they believe GTA VI is the only game Rockstar will release this generation.

Not that this is too hard to believe, as RDR2 was their only new game in the PS1/XB1 generation.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This is an obvious guess anyone could make right now. I could tell you this too. They're not making a new Red Dead. There's no Agent. There's no MP.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's about time we got a new GTA game that didn't release on consoles from 2005.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if a next gen patch to GTA5 and RDR2 were Rockstar's only games this generation. If a GTA6 comes out I'll be shocked haha.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy with just 6 at this point, didn't even question them releasing only 1 title this gen

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
GTA VI will be a launch title for the PS6/next Xbox, cross gen if you are lucky. And that will be that for this and the next gen

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm not sure we're getting a GTA this gen. We'll get GTA5 again, and a stopgap game like Bully 2, and GTA6 will be delayed out of this gen.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Since 2013 they've released two big games. Remastered them, sold the online as standalone, and released a remake of previous GTA games.

No one should be surprised by this.

RDR 2 Next gen, a RDR remake of some sort, and GTA 6 is all I expect from them for the next while.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If true, I guess this means we'll only see GTA and Red Dead games from Rockstar til the end of time. Not enough resources to do Bully or anything else.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This is Rockstar we're talking about..... of course they're only releasing one new game this gen. But it will make literally billions of dollars.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i'm surprised there will even be a gta VI

thought they would ride gta v online to the moon

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Lets not speak too soon now. It still needs to release first... if we arent lucky it'll be the PS6 before GTA VI is out...

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
Because they'll spend the rest of it working on improving the multiplayer for RDR 2 right!

Right.....

:'(

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't even release GTA 6 this gen.

AAA Games are getting so long and expensive to make that it's inevitable that a company with games that STILL generate as much revenue as GTA Online won't feel the pressure to put out new games at longer and longer intervals.

We went from being able to have full trilogies of games in a single generation in the PS2/Xbox and PS3/360 eras (GTA3-SA, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Gears of War, Uncharted, etc), to only getting one or two from a dev, and not even in the same series a lot of times (Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, Uncharted 4+Last of Us 2, Halo 5+Infinite, etc).

Only getting one game a generation from some of these AAA devs is almost a foregone conclusion at this point.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprising at all; GTA VI along with more remasters like RDR, RDR2, Max Payne, and GTA IV makes sense for this gen. Oh, and I almost forgot about the PS5 and Series X port of GTA V they're still working on.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
An extremely bold prediction given they only had a single new game during PS4/Xbox One gen as well

They haven't even re-released GTA V for PS5 & Xbox Series yet so they're already behind schedule

sakkeke

Oct 16, 2021
Finland
R* has all the time and money in the world, and GTA6 will pretty surely be their biggest, most ambitious and expensive game to date, so this isn't surprising at all. I just hope it will not be too focused to an online experience, in expense of the single player story mode. It shouldn't be, knowing their resources, but well... it's R*, and they know where the real money comes from.