• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
I mean I can only imagine the practically unlimited budget, the unfathomable size of the dev team with the ability to do whatever they want, the built-up hunger to get back to GTA proper after skipping an entire generation... The more I think of it the more I think this game has "open world blueprint" written all over it. Taking cues from RDR 2, and all the other open world games released this gen.. Perfecting them, expanding on them.. My god. Game will be a fucking phenom. And it's probably been in development for several years already. Just cooking away.

nothing much else to say really, just that gta 6 will most likely be damn good.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
GTA VI is very likely going to be the most hyped piece of entertainment ever, even more than the prequels or Endgame. I feel for the people working on PSN / Xbox Live.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I sure hope so. GTAV had easily been game of the generation for me. I've got over 2K hours logged online.

Oct 28, 2017
Ain't no such thing as GTA VI as long as you fuckers keep filling the coffers from GTA online.

That's why we never got any single player expansions.

Please stop and find another addiction and then maybe, just maybe we'll get GTA VI

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Only if it controls and feels well. Come on Rockstar. All that potential and still I find your games don't feel right.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
I'm still waiting for the first open-world game where every building/floor is enterable. If anyone does it first, it'll probably be Rockstar.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the world will stop

offices will empty

avengers endgame opening weekend will be like a small niche release in comparison to the insanity that will be gta6 launch week

50 million copies sold + $1 trillion grossed in 24 hours

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like more weighty vehicle physics. Not as weighty as GTA IV, but less arcadey than GTA V.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Oh yeah, and don't forget the godawful Online mode that they will throw in there that inexplicably will make million upon millions of dollars for whatever reason. Ugh.
I am looking forward to that single player experience though, that will still be excellent.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
GTA V changed how open world games were perceived. Same with GTA IV before it.

It'll be incredible....but with how GTA Online is currently, I can't imagine we'll ever see a dense SP compared to previous titles

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I mean sure, Rockstar just made the most successful video game of all time. Why WOULDN'T they deviate wildly from that formula and piss off a huge chunk of their fan base?
I like how people act as if all Rockstar released were mtx-filled online games when RDR2 came out last year and didn't even have an online mode at launch lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think there's anything else that can be done with the GTA format.

I'd much prefer if Rockstar took what they did with RDR2 and applied it to a different genre. A medieval or fantasy game with RDR2's level of detail would probably kill me.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't even know what it could look like. Thats how crazy GTA 5 was...like where do they go from there? Multiple cities? Continents? Planets? Nebulas?

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Graphics wise, sure. Story though? Surely ANYTHING should be better than that load of absolute bollocks they called a storyline in GTA V.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
It will be if we return to Vice City and get another glorious 80's soundtrack. That would indeed be glorious!

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I love GTA, but after what I thought was a very boring game in GTA4 (except for "Four Leaf Clover") I just could not get into GTA5 and the whole bounce around 3 different characters thing. Played it maybe 3 hours total. Just wasn't my thing.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Mmmm I dunno about that so much now. Ask and a fair few people would say they feel there's been a dropoff in quality in GTA since IV.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love the crunch hot takes in any thread about basically any company.

I'm sure it'll be great as Rockstar is always doing quality work, and I'm sure the people working on it will be proud of the work they produce.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it will be gigantic. It is probably going to be the biggest launch ever for any piece of entertainment media ever.

It is also going to cost a shit ton. Like 500+ million

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
If it's anything like V, no, it very much will not be.

GTA V is quite possibly the only game I've ever disliked so much that it's not only given me no desire whatsoever to ever replay it, but also killed my interest in both the past and future games of its developer, pretty much completely.

I've played GTAs III through IV at least twice each - I'm pretty sure I've been through San Andreas and IV three times - but I haven't felt even the slightest interest in going back to any of them again since V, and nor have I even considered picking up RDR2.

I'm sure it'll sell masses though.

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I personally don't think GTA 5 can be topped, at least in regards to character chemistry and heist oriented missions.

OP
OP
SeriousGoku

SeriousGoku

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 20, 2019
People are batshit crazy if they think GTA 6 will be multiplayer only. lol.

GTA gets its legs from MP, no doubt. But the SP is what drives the initial mega hype/sales.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
I've become a huge Rockstar fan this gen after what they were able to capture and go for with Red Dead Redemption 2.

The game is a system with many other underlying systems working seamlessly and actively together every time you jump into its vast world. Rockstar also created the best animal ecosystem animal & behavior / AI I have ever seen with RDR2.

I am genuinely terrified of what they will be able to systematically construct with the power of next-gen consoles.

The hype for GTA6 will be bigger than GTA5 and will probably be something will never see ever again in the Entertainment medium.

Last edited:

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I just hope they don't take 2 years to put it on PC again

Considering one of the biggest marketing moves for this game was release it on year 1 on one generation, year 2 on next gen and year 3 on PC...i'm sure they'll do something similar.
There's people that have bought this game 2, 3 or even more times by now. Insane!

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I personally don't think GTA 5 can be topped, at least in regards to character chemistry and heist oriented missions.
Are you kidding me? I thought the major complaints people had about GTA V was that the heists felt largely underwhelming and would have had a lot more potential.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
People are batshit crazy if they think GTA 6 will be multiplayer only. lol.

GTA gets its legs from MP, no doubt. But the SP is what drives the initial mega hype/sales.

Also R* is way too committed to the single player experience to back out. RDR2 is a freaking masterpiece despite the stupid MP. There's no way the RDR2 SP wasn't made with heart and passion. Those fellas who made that are going to continue their work into GTA 6.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It'll be a ridiculous tech achievement, at the very least. I just hope it doesn't play like shit. I don't actually enjoy playing GTA5 or RDR2. Making a giant, incredible medium-defining world where you clunk around like a doofus is less than ideal.