• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I'd actually be more interested if they killed the sprawl and made it more dense in terms of the buildings you can go into and the complexity of the missions. Driving across a huge space just to do a 10 minute mission just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I am anticipating that it will be an incredible technical achievement with the most fully realized urban open world we've ever seen.

I am also anticipating cringe-worthy barely-satire about SJWs, #metoo, censorship, fake news, social media data controversies, gender fluiditiy and even more dissonance between trying to play a character that is not presented as a homicidal maniac and having to go on killing sprees in missions.

Last edited:

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
I am anticipating that it will be an incredible technical achievement with the most fully realized urban open world we've ever seen.

I am also anticipating cringe-worthy barely-satire about SJWs, #metoo, censorship, fake news, social media data controversies, gender fluiditiy and even more dissonance between trying to play a character that is generally a good person and having to go on killing sprees in missions.
Good person? What?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I have very high expectations.
I also expect it to be at least 3 years away

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
like literally the weirdest take is the idea R* is giving up on single player gaming because of the massive success of GTAO

people said RDR 2 single player was going to be short handed, and people are already saying it for GTA 6

its fascinating.

Like, I dunno, both GTA 5 and RDR 2 are among the longest non rpg games released in their respective generations. RDR 2 was significantly longer than RDR 1 and even longer than GTA 4 too, which was the longest R* game before. It can take well over 50-60 hours to do the story mode if you take your time. And RDR 2 is arguably their best written story yet, with the most attention to detail.

Rockstar clearly loves telling stories in games. The story modes are what earn them the stellar reviews at launch, they get all the awards. The story modes are what cause the initial monster sales because both games had their online modes unavailable for a while after launch.

I don't know why people think they want to alter this formula. It's literally what's keeping them at the top.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
There we go.

I'll buy it without remorse. Some of you guys must have a hard time finding something you enjoy produced with honest labor.

Maybe check your shoes and phone as well?

And honestly i get it, shit is not cool and people should talk about it. But can this guy just make his thread and be excited about something for once? Fucking hell
Not when it concerns Rockstar/GTA/RDR2....NOPe

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
how is Trevor or Michael considered a good person?
They aren't and that's why I responded to your post, agreed, and edited out "good" for "not presented as homicidal maniac." To me, Trevor was the first character where the way he was presented in cut scenes and in the narrative and what he was tasked to do in game lined up without major dissonance. The rest of the playable characters in GTA games that I've played (San Andrea, Vice City, IV and V), no matter where they landed on the spectrum of "can empathize with" to "morally grey" to "not a good person" still didn't line up with story missions that have you murdering thousands of people. In earlier games it was easier for me to ignore, because the whole game was stylized, cartoony, etc. But recently the games and world have become more realistic and harder for my brain to just keep thinking "this. is. fucked."

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
They aren't and that's why I responded to your post, agreed, and edited out "good" for "not presented as homicidal maniac." To me, Trevor was the first character where the way he was presented in cut scenes and in the narrative and what he was tasked to do in game lined up without major dissonance. The rest of the playable characters in GTA games that I've played (San Andrea, Vice City, IV and V), no matter where they landed on the spectrum of "can empathize with" to "morally grey" to "not a good person" still didn't line up with story missions that have you murdering thousands of people. In earlier games it was easier for me to ignore, because the whole game was stylized, cartoony, etc. But recently the games and world have become more realistic and harder for my brain to just keep thinking "this. is. fucked."
well they have to make the protagonists somewhat likable... like even Trevor has alot of leftist progressive views on politics and stuff, but he is still a homicidal maniac.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So good
tumblr_pfxf68eccy1w7oo05o2_500.gif

tumblr_p0fy5gAkxj1rsntc8o1_500.gif

giphy.gif
Pretty good for 240p I guess.

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Bigoted trolling. Account in junior phase.
Is this game even possible right now with everyone getting their feelers all hurt cuz it doesn't have enough representation or gender pronouns, too much stereotyping or insensitive joke radio ads? Like instead of going to the store for new clothes and hairstyle people will get mad if they can't go into a doctors office and get a sex change?

The only way I would tackle this game is if it were a period piece where you start off as an enslaved Asian woman in the 1800's breaking out of a jail in Latin America and fighting your way back home.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's going to be amazing and break all kinds of records no doubt. I am still amazed by how this game is STILL in the top selling games month by month. Very curious as to how the obvious influence of GTA Online is going to come into play with the next one.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Is this game even possible right now with everyone getting their feelers all hurt cuz it doesn't have enough representation or gender pronouns, too much stereotyping or insensitive joke radio ads? Like instead of going to the store for new clothes and hairstyle people will get mad if they can't go into a doctors office and get a sex change?

The only way I would tackle this game is if it were a period piece where you start off as an enslaved Asian woman in the 1800's breaking out of a jail in Latin America and fighting your way back home.
ummmm, uhhhhhh ok.....maybe not that extreme

but i do think a lot of people will be angry if there isn't a female protagonist, something people wanted from GTA for a while now ( i don't think theres going to be one unfortunately)

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am sure the press is already salivating at the thought of all the think pieces [hot takes] that GTA 6 will generate.

It is going to be great!

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
I'm still holding out for the early rumors/leaks - mid 80's miami & the south american jungle as 2 locations, undercover DEA/drug war stuff.
it also avoids all modern day satire trappings but still allows for plenty of black humor. I could see them leaning into a plot where everyone on both sides is double & triple crossing everyone to get ahead and ultimately failing to 'win'. they love to write about greed & the american dream of easy wealth.

they got really lucky with gta5 not being more controversial than it was and they've gone on record saying they'd never try that again.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they're aiming at cross-gen or just a complete next-gen game. But whatever they do, it will be big.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
I'm still holding out for the early rumors/leaks - mid 80's miami & the south american jungle as 2 locations, undercover DEA/drug war stuff.
it also avoids all modern day satire trappings but still allows for plenty of black humor. I could see them leaning into a plot where everyone on both sides is double & triple crossing everyone to get ahead and ultimately failing to 'win'.

they got really lucky with gta5 not being more controversial than it was and they've gone on record saying they'd never try that again.
try what again?

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017

making a modern day GTA. The quote was something like 'i do not know what the political / global landscape would have to be for us to try, but it's not this one, and i'm glad gta5 came out before all this shit'
i'm wildly paraphrasing from memory there, it is not an accurate quote.

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
It will be giant in terms of popularity, though if GTAV is anything to go by, it's gonna be another shitfest in terms or story/characters.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I can just see them screwing people over on single player content because it's less $$$.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Do we have any idea if it is going to grace current generation at all or be wholly designed to take full advantage of next gen from the off? If the latter I am salivating at how ludicrous the game could be. It will make Cyberpunk look terrible, relatively speaking, guaranteed

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
oh snap i didn't know that

so GTA 6 will most likely be a period piece?

Safe to assume. there have been a bunch of rumors that it's in 'narcos' territory. they are appropriately vague and it makes a lot of sense, so i hope it's true.
Multiple locations, but chapter based like RDR2, potential eras of time - possibly jumping forwards 5/10 years when changing chapter?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any idea if it is going to grace current generation at all or be wholly designed to take full advantage of next gen from the off? If the latter I am salivating at how ludicrous the game could be. It will make Cyberpunk look terrible, relatively speaking, guaranteed
No confirmation, but it'll be a next gen title and probably isn't even releasing for 5 or so more years. PC and next gen ports of RDR2 are first, and their games seem to have a pretty large gap between announcement and release nowadays.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar is one of the top developers working and consistently deliver groundbreaking products. I expect GTA 6 to be another classic. I lean towards RDR being their top franchise now but they bounced back well after GTA 4.

Question is how long will it be until we see this. 2022?

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
it will be next gen

the current rumour is bully 2 will be next and that will be cross gen while gta 6 is their first true next gen game

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
like literally the weirdest take is the idea R* is giving up on single player gaming because of the massive success of GTAO

people said RDR 2 single player was going to be short handed, and people are already saying it for GTA 6
Yup. Wild to see after RDR2 because I played that game solo for about 70-80 hours. The most I've put into a SP game in a few years. Didn't even touch the online. GTA6 will be an online cash cow, but Rockstar seems to appreciate big stories.
it will be next gen

the current rumour is bully 2 will be next and that will be cross gen while gta 6 is their first true next gen game
Is Bully 2 a realistic rumor? Where has that been reported? Figured it was fan speculation.
I'm leaning more towards 2023, but 2022 would be a nice surprise.
Lmao.. it's so far away. Plus you gotta consider the classic Rockstar delay.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
making a modern day GTA. The quote was something like 'i do not know what the political / global landscape would have to be for us to try, but it's not this one, and i'm glad gta5 came out before all this shit'
i'm wildly paraphrasing from memory there, it is not an accurate quote.

I remember the quote. Basically what he was trying to say is that writing satire in today's climate is very difficult given the headlines that you see. This was best highlighted over the past few days with Hurricane Dorian. Trump decided to claim that it's going to hit Alabama. The National Weather Service has to immediately issue a statement denying that it's going to hit Alabama in order to prevent people from needlessly panicking. Trump gets upset and then doubles down on it. People continue to mock him for pushing a false story. So what does he do yesterday? He holds a White House update on the Dorian in which he displays an old map of the hurricane path with a sharpie bubble to have the path extend into Alabama. He literally did an update on a serious hurricane in which the point of it wasn't to help people or tell them what's going on, but rather to stroke his own ego.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Yup. Wild to see after RDR2 because I played that game solo for about 70-80 hours. The most I've put into a SP game in a few years. Didn't even touch the online. GTA6 will be an online cash cow, but Rockstar seems to appreciate big stories.

Is Bully 2 a realistic rumor? Where has that been reported? Figured it was fan speculation.

Lmao.. it's so far away. Plus you gotta consider the classic Rockstar delay.
the rumour for Bully 2 comes from two sources: both i think are legitimate although the latter can sometimes get a little finicky

https://twitter.com/yan2295/status/854771662562226177?lang=en

Yan2295, was a legitimate R* insider for a long time before Take-Two eventually asked him to stop leaking, he complied (its possible that they cancelled it, since the tweet was two years ago, but its still something)

SWEGTA, was told by a source that R* is planning a game release for 2020 holiday season

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
the rumour for Bully 2 comes from two sources: both i think are legitimate although the latter can sometimes get a little finicky

https://twitter.com/yan2295/status/854771662562226177?lang=en

Yan2295, was a legitimate R* insider for a long time before Take-Two eventually asked him to stop leaking, he complied (its possible that they cancelled it, since the tweet was two years ago, but its still something)

SWEGTA, was told by a source that R* is planning a game release for 2020 holiday season
Damn. Would be stunned and ecstatic if the 2020 rumor is true. I'll believe it when I see it honestly. Thanks for the links though.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
im so eager to see it. I'm thinking it'll be announced for a fall 2022 release, then delayed to fall 2023. so still 4 years away lol

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
They probably won't release a single player story for that though I bet

I'm honestly not even sure what you're talking about anymore. So many of your replies in this thread are just scatter shot, aimed at no one. The only thing we know is that you really like Rockstar.

I'm sure GTA6 will be great for everyone who loves those kinds of games. I'm also sure it won't reinvent the wheel. It'll still be GTA, but with more details and a bigger map.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
I'm honestly not even sure what you're talking about anymore. So many of your replies in this thread are just scatter shot, aimed at no one. The only thing we know is that you really like Rockstar.

I'm sure GTA6 will be great for everyone who loves those kinds of games. I'm also sure it won't reinvent the wheel. It'll still be GTA, but with more details and a bigger map.
Because rockstar threads now a days bring out a lot of weird takes. Like how supposedly there just going to focus on multiplayer. People said the same thing about RDR 2 that it won't have a deep single player cause online is there focus now a days. It's just dishonesty, and now people are saying the same for GTA 6

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, it will be nice to look at and explore.

But for me the only glorious GTA was Vice City. Apart from that, I don't really love GTA for it's gameplay... I just hope we'll have cool characters. But I already feel the frustration, because I KNOW they won't change the Now Drive For 10 Minutes And Listen To Someone Talk formula, lol.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
People need to remember that the Houser Brothers never cared about online, they only cared about single player. Online was more Leslie Benzies pet project

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Because rockstar threads now a days bring out a lot of weird takes. Like how supposedly there just going to focus on multiplayer. People said the same thing about RDR 2 that it won't have a deep single player cause online is there focus now a days. It's just dishonesty, and now people are saying the same for GTA 6

I don't think those takes are nearly as weird as you replying to a thread (sometimes to absolutely no one) more than 8 times as much as anyone else, lol. Nearly 1/3rd of your posts are in this thread and this thread alone. It's okay to just let random people on the internet not like things. I promise you that Rockstar won't compensate you for defending them against "weird takes".

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
I don't think those takes are nearly as weird as you replying to a thread (sometimes to absolutely no one) more than 8 times as much as anyone else, lol. Nearly 1/3rd of your posts are in this thread and this thread alone. It's okay to just let random people on the internet not like things. I promise you that Rockstar won't compensate you for defending them against "weird takes".
But there simply dishonest takes. Anyone that has played RDR 2 knows that

The Gentleman

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy to think that GTA has skipped a whole gen.

I'm looking forward to the next one but happy to wait. They did a pretty good job keeping me satiated with the current gen version of GTA V and RDR2.