• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Has a game ever launched without a gameplay video? What the hell is going on? Is this trilogy even real?
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-day.gif

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
It's a known quantity for the most part and it's also just how Rockstar rolls.

There were similar concerns about Mass Effect but that remaster turned out more than fine.

If you're worried, just don't pre-order.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it's odd. I'm excited for the trilogy but I really need to see gameplay before I smash that buy button.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
This would sell amazingly well even without that 1-minute reveal video they put out a week ago, so the answer is that they don't really need to show much of anything.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
I'm not worried, as it's a game pass game. No extra financial investment. If it's great, cool. If not, I can delete it and go back to Forza and SMT.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Just rockstar things.

It doesnt bother me anyway, I'll wait for launch day, check a stream or a video review out, then buy if I like what I see.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They've always been hesitant towards showing any gameplay. The difference is that here they're cutting it closer than ever but yeah, that's been their style.

I remember this same topic came out about GTA4, GTA5 and RDR2 when they were about to come out. Specifically GTA4, that was notorious. It's just what they do.

Oct 27, 2017
We know how gameplay looks like. I just want to know wtf is up with the soundtrack.

JUST HOW BUTCHERED IS IT???

I am not getting this trilogy anyway but will play GTA3 once it comes out on PS Now. I grew up playing these games and want them to be revived better damn it.

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
I mean the trailer did have a small snippet of gameplay and it looked like the same game with improved graphics (not a bad thing for me personally).

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
but like just look up GTA3 gameplay and use your mind to apply the screenshots/trailer to it.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the gameplay will be fine i'm sure, no engine improvements just the better controls for driving and shooting. It's a shame that I'm guessing it means there aren't any small improvements like Claude or Tommy being able to swim, etc.

and yeah, it's the soundtrack that I'm most curious about too.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You just have three nights of sleep left OP, and you'll be able to see some gameplay

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Plus, I mean, I've played these games for literally thousands of hours, and the trailer we got demonstrated the visual differences.

I know what I'm getting myself into, plus I can wait 3 days, heh.

Eh..they said there is gameplay changes to aiming and such which would be nice to see, the big wild card is the soundtracks though.

Either way SA is on GP so pretty set for awhile at launch atleast.

Oct 27, 2017
ITT OP forgot how Rockstar works. I don't think we even got any gameplay impressions for GTAV and RDR2 up until it came out.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Thankfully the only one that i'm interested in is on Gamepass :)

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the first gameplay I got to see of Vice City was on GMTV in the UK and it was about 5 seconds of off screen footage.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
GTA 4 launched without a dedicated gameplay video I think.

2k22 pretty much launched without any real gameplay footage too

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
ITT OP forgot how Rockstar works. I don't think we even got any gameplay impressions for GTAV and RDR2 up until it came out.

We got whole ass gameplay breakdowns with both GTAV and RDR2 before release lol.

Granted, these are simply re-releases, but it'd be nice to see more of the improvements to the games…or any extended gameplay footage at all. Only a few days now I guess, so I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I mean, I'm expecting it to play exactly the same as the original. Wasn't the only gameplay overhaul they confirmed was the ability to restart missions quickly after failing?

Of course, that only fixes like a small portion of the abominable Big Smoke mission lol

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
They are banking on the brand helping them sell millions regardless of quality.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm not touching these remakes until I see gameplay/performance, along with music selection.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
While I'm sure the GTA V "style" controls will offer a bunch of QOL improvements, we already know what the gameplay is, its a 20 year old trilogy. And the trailer showed us what it looks like.

I feel like some people needed to be reminded that these are remasters and not remakes. 99% percent of the original gameplay and design are going to be intact, for better or worse. In the trailer thread, people where just talking about the possibility of R* giving the Dodo in GTA3 full flight "because the new systems can handle the draw distance" and other random bullshit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't strike me as odd in the least considering its Rockstar and these games are both A) mega popular and B) a known quantity. You can just, like, not buy it until you get screens/videos/impressions?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Mass Effect Legendary Edition launched with minimal gameplay. I believe only from an IGN video and it had like 2 or 3 minutes top across three games. And it turned out fine.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I also am not picking this until we know about the Radio/Music. The price is kind above what I want to spend but I would grab it for $40 if it had a majority of the songs and radio stations.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't RDR2 had a full gameplay demo where they even revealed first person mode? 🤔
Yeah, same thing for RDR2. The thing is that back then when GTA5 released people didn't believe everything in the trailers were going to be exactly what we saw, they thought they were edited for a trailer rather than what players would be so they wanted some raw gameplay instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.