• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition remasters will be released physically in December, it's been claimed.

That's according to retail sources who told Polish publication PPE that the three-game collection will indeed receive a boxed release, but only the last-gen versions will arrive before Christmas.

PS4, Xbox One and Switch versions will release Physically on December 7, the site's sources claim, with PS4 and Xbox Series X|S editions arriving sometime next year.

Last week one retailer suggested that the three-game remaster package will be sold at a premium price on new-gen consoles.

Retailer Base.com was the first to open pre-orders for The Definitive Edition collection and according to them it's set to be sold for $70 / £70 on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.

www.resetera.com

base.com Has “Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition” for pre-order. €76.85 For PS5/Serie X and S and €65.00 For PS4/Xbox One/Switch Rumor

https://www.base.com/fsearch.htm?search=Grand+Theft+Auto%3A+The+Trilogy Price in pounds I put on rumor because it could be a placeholder. Credit to:

More at VGC.
www.videogameschronicle.com

GTA Trilogy remasters ‘set for December boxed release’ | VGC

Retail sources point to last-gen physical arrival before Christmas…

samurai1226

Dec 11, 2017
I got the bad feeling that this might be just a fullprice high res update but not the real remake the games deserve.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Only last gen *boxed* available before Christmas lol

This remaster better be impressive to ask for $70... But it's GTA so it'll sell anyway

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I just can't imagine what it is they could have done to those games to warrant a 70 dollar price tag

Like it would have to be a complete remake, right? There's no way it's going to be a simple port… right? Right?!

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If all three games are on a Switch cartirdge I'll probably get it for that system. Otherwise I will pick it up on PS5.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Even if this is just a cheapo on-the-fly upres of all three games, I am curious as to how they've resolved the control mechanisms. Would be cool if you could play all three with the default GTAV control scheme.

Hope springs eternal.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I got the bad feeling that this might be just a fullprice high res update but not the real remake the games deserve.
Yeah I don't know how anyone thinks any differently though. They're not small games and there's three of them. I'll be more than happy if these are fixed mechanically and everything else is just hi-res

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
This doesn't seem completely untrue. They just announced all the console versions for this year, and only the mobile versions for 2022. Why would the PS5/Series versions suddenly be next year a few days later?

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Why would the ps5 and sxs versions be later? Seems odd. Unless the differences are going to be larger than we think.

Edit: ohhhh seems like that's related to the physical version. Guess that makes more sense.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Bruh. They literally had one job. And that was to release PS5 and XSX versions at the same time. Here we are .. again, like cyberpunk and other games.. waiting for that nextgen version.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
This just seems like it's going to be a low effort money grab, I hope I'm wrong because I want to play though these again.

Oct 27, 2017
If the games are releasing next month, then why have a teaser trailer that shows nothing? It's annoying. Show some damn footage lol.

Also the fact that they are releasing for Mobile makes me think the graphical upgrade isn't that extensive.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I really hope these are great versions on Switch. I never could get used to the classic control schemes and that was a big reason why I didn't get into GTA until IV came out. I know there's only so much they can do without changing AI behaviors and game tuning big-time, but I hope the technical performance is great and the control modernization they've mentioned is robust enough for me to actually find these playable. If I didn't like the controls back then, and they remain largely the same, I have no reason to believe I'd enjoy the controls now.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
If the games are releasing next month, then why have a teaser trailer that shows nothing? It's annoying. Show some damn footage lol.

Also the fact that they are releasing for Mobile makes me think the graphical upgrade isn't that extensive.
They are waiting for the actual ports to be delisted so we just have to deal with it

Dec 6, 2017
US
Soundtracks replaced by Kidz Bop interpretations.

giphy.gif

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020
Please Nintendo make the 64 GB cartridge already so we can have the GTA Trilogy on cart please

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
a low effort port would be putting them in a wrapper like the current mobile games. don't know why they would use UE4 in this case

It's just weird they released so little info about the ports, especially if the rumoured release date of next month is true. I know it's GTA and it doesn't need much PR to sell, but they should've had a proper trailer for the announcement.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
The fact that they've pulled old versions from digital stores absolutely means this is what they're doing. If they were actual remakes, old versions of the games wouldn't eat at the market share. We'd also have seen a video or images or something by now.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just weird they released so little info about the ports, especially if the rumoured release date of next month is true. I know it's GTA and it doesn't need much PR to sell, but they should've had a proper trailer for the announcement.
going by previous comments here, this is more of the norm for Rockstar