• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
It takes so damn long to load into multiplayer in these titles I just don't have the patience or will to play them. Console and pc are both too long

Rockstar needs to fix this in future games

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, loading is atrocious.
GTA V could benefit from a PS4 Pro/ One X patch.. if Rockstar even bothered with one.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I had to put the game onto my SSD and still takes about 2 to 3 minutes to load. I can understand why but damn it's not fun waiting for your friends to load.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Every time I try to get back into GTA Online this is the exact thing that really stops me from enjoying it. I thought RDO would fix it but it didn't.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it shocks me how popular GTA5 online is cause fuck those long loading

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. GTAV even on a SSD it's terrible to the point where I often just pick something else to play. Shame to read RDR2 is the same thing. I won't be picking that up anytime soon.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The attrotious loading times going from lobby to mission to lobby are what stopped me from playing early on.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't find RDO as excessively bad as GTAO in my experience. Still takes some time, but it's enough time to pour me a glass of water and then it'll be ready. GTAO I could probably go for a run and then it'll be ready, maybe.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It baffles me that years and a whole console gen later, GTA Online is still a fucking mess held together by duct tape and glue.

Just last year, it was a nightmare to get into lobbies with friends and that's not even taking the huge load times into account. And if you get booted or fail to connect? GOTTA LOAD CAMPAIGN MODE FIRST AND THEN RELOAD GTA ONLINE.

This game prints money. It's the highest selling.... anything ever in the history of media.

And yet its basic performance is still shit.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
RDR 2 loading is a lot faster in my experience.

Anyway, it's in large part due to rockstars reliance on p2p connections i'd wager.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those aren't the only games.

I havent used my PS4 Pro for a year, came back, tried GoW, HZD and DS and was frankly, shocked at the loading times. Playing on a laptop with SSD really spoilt me.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing GTAO after I did the initial batch of online heists and got bored of freeroam due to this exact reason, it just isn't worth all the time you spend waiting. Between matchmaking, time spent waiting for lobby timers and all the loading between you can easily spend as much if not more time waiting to play the game than actually playing it.

Zarathustra

Oct 27, 2017
Loading times and connection failure for the online portion are my own gripe with GTAVO and RDR2O too. It's just too much.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I agree. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing it so much. I've been working towards 100% rdr2 and I was considering jumping back into GTAO. but I thought about those loading screens and dropping from lobbies, and questioning whether the game was locked or just dropping me, and I quickly changed my mind. That said, I had some incredible moments online that I'll treasure for as long as I can possibly remember.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While thankfully I have the PC Version, I still think it's bullshit Rockstar hasn't been called out on the lack of GTA5 xbox one x or PS Pro patch.

I mean the game is still getting updated, and it's still making tons of money.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yep, whole reason I stopped quite quickly with gtav online. All those players but I can't get a game?

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
The connectivity's consistency itself is trash too, not only are you sitting through long loads, you are doing it multiple times because disconnects are rampant with myself and everyone I've ever played with in either game. Thousands upon thousands of threads about this very issue on the net and they've never really addressed it.

Jun 17, 2018
That and the combat is just not fun at all. The controls are a floaty, laggy mess which makes anything slightly competitive infuriating.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
RDO loading isn't bad. I only do the free roam activities and missions which have no loading at all.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yeah I remember trying to get into GTA Online with my friends years ago but whenever we would do an activity, it would throw us back out into seperate world instances and then we'd have to load back into each other's games and the whole process just took forever.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Just started playing GTA again after three years away from it because the wife's got in to it, but even doing the heist today was a mess with us staying in the same server.
We play on X1X consoles and I couldn't believe its not been enhanced.

I guess GTA 6 will be out for Christmas....

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Another good thing about RDO is that a lot of the activities can all be done in one free roam session where you don't ever have to go through load times. I can go bounty hunting, collect, produce moonshine and trade all in one free roam session.

DammitLloyd

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2O isn't as bad as GTAO. I find it just as fast as other online games. Once you're in the world there's little to no load times when going from free roam into a mission and back into free roam. You'll have a bit of load time when you join one of the competitive modes. But It it isn't even close to being as bad as GTAO.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Prime reason I did the first lot of heists in GTA V when they came around & haven't touched online since.