• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
This came up in my recommended section of YouTube and I thought it was pretty impressive.

What do you guys think? It's probably the best looking MOD I've seen. Remember the Icenhancer mods for GTIV? The good old days.

Hadxmen

Oct 31, 2017
I'm in love in Project Reality, NVRX is too dark, over contrasted and saturated. PR is more calibrated, every weather is heavy tweaked and detailed.

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It could use just a little bit more black crush :-P

TBH it just looks like my PS3 version of GTA5 at the time, if I accidentally put the Samsung TV which I then had on "dynamic" instead of natural, normal, or cinema. The black crush and contrast boosting were off the charts with that model

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
IIt's making me laugh that they put Nathan Drake's model into this game. Otherwise, looks nice, but too oversaturated for my liking.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
TBH, I've seen better looking GTA V mods. But that Nathan Drake mod is great! I'll have to download it.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Please Rockstar do an overhaul for Pro and X

giphy.gif

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is not out yet, but I am most looking forward to this one:

Gonna make me do a replay.

He also made mods for GTA4 and Watch Dogs:

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely prefer the default visuals. These mods are usually just weather tweaks, with questionable reshade presets tacked on. They can look great at certain in-game hours, but everything in between ends up looking bland.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
It looks nice, but after downloading many mods, I still prefer the OG graphics, I just think RS nailed it.

GTA 4 on the other hand looked like shit vanilla so the ENB mods were a godsend.

Fawx

Oct 27, 2017
Varsovia
Daylight on those type of mods looks ok, but the nighttime cycles are butchered with crushed blacks. Also, most of these ENB/SweetFX based mods kill dof blur which in GTAV was actually quite good and created a sense of scale, without it everything seems sharper but also smaller and more artificial.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't look good to be honest.

This one is insane and really made my jaw drop. Whole video looks like it was made by Rockstar.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
99.9% of these "ultra-realistic next-gen grafix" mods are just reshade presets that fuck up the art-style and looks visually inconsistent in moment to moment gameplay. VisualV is still the best one, because it sticks to the vanilla style, while making various enhancements instead of going crazy with oversaturation and black crush.

Is redux still the king? Loved redux because all the gameplay enhancements it has too.
Redux is a buggy piece of shit that ripped off other mods. Also looks terrible, while killing performance.
http:///YZac.png
http:///ZZac.png

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how GTAVI will look with physical based rendering on PS5 (I mean it's also coming on PS4, no way they're not doing it as a cross gen game after the crossgen sales of GTAV).

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I bought GTAV on PC ready to toy with mods, only to discover how insanely complicated that process seems to be.

Is there really not a Nexus Mod Manager-esque software that makes installing mods on GTAV simple?

gueras

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest I don`t want a GTA this gen anymore, leave GTA for next-gen in 2020-2021 will be a better idea.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The liberty city scenes were weird. The wind on those palm trees was also really odd ,surprised they kept it in the video because it immediately stuck out to me as odd.

This doesn't look good to be honest.

This one is insane and really made my jaw drop. Whole video looks like it was made by Rockstar.

I think they both look great but yeah this was impressive. It also didn't lose the style of the game, either ,which you often see with graphics mods... where the graphical details will look great, but it looses the ambiance that set Rockstar games apart from other open world games.

VisualV is the best of them:

It looks the most vanilla and is true to the in-game art style.

FOr me this is one that totally misses the ambiance. When driving around LA at 6PM, it shouldn't be this crystal clear day where you can see for miles, or the clarity of something from the country. It's something Rockstar spends a lot of time on and most visual modders can't seem to get that aspect right (with good reason)

Last edited:

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some scenes looked incredibly realistic. One thing all those mods get terribly wrong though are the cars. I mean where do you find such shiny cars? It really takes away so much in my opinion. Look like shiny toy cars.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely prefer the default visuals. These mods are usually just weather tweaks, with questionable reshade presets tacked on. They can look great at certain in-game hours, but everything in between ends up looking bland.

And this is the main problem with these mods. They take any life out of the what the actual R* designers have created and just make them as high res and 'shiny' as possible with no real thought as to do they fit into this world or aesthetic? so any 'look' that the game actually has is kinda lost.

Same when they mess with the lighting. Just makes everything look off key.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
It is not out yet, but I am most looking forward to this one:

Gonna make me do a replay.

Damn, that does look great. I'm probably gonna reinstall GTAV with this is out and finish up some side stuff. Ditched the game prety much immediatley after having mainlined the story when it came out so there should still be some decent content left I hope.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
I spent so much time just roaming around in GTAIV with the ENB Mods, even though I'm running on a GTX 760 and limiting the framerate to 30 it's still looks great. One of the first things I'll do when I eventually upgrade is install and mod GTAV.

1ZlV6M5.gif

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Is there a list of 'must have' mods which improve the gameplay? E.g. police doesn't show up when you kill someone in the middle of nowhere.

I spent so much time just roaming around in GTAIV with the ENB Mods, even though I'm running on a GTX 760 and limiting the framerate to 30 it's still looks great. One of the first things I'll do when I eventually upgrade is install and mod GTAV.

1ZlV6M5.gif

Can't wait for the gifs.

Oct 28, 2017

Hey, when is Everywhere coming out?
I'm just messing with ya but seriously, Leslie Benzies is a legend and I cannot wait for his new game

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so GTA5 is ready for me to buy it on PC? I've been waiting for mods to get to a point where it is very matured (2k or whatever almost ruined it, but thankfully modding is ok now).

I wonder what kind of PC will I be needing for this, and I just upgraded everything being satisfied with Skyrim modding to the max. There's always a modded game that's out of reach, when I'm set for this type of mod, TES6 will be out with a matured mod scene for me to drool over.

The cars, the shaders, the street, I'm in love. I never thought GTA5 would look as good as a modded GTA4 for some stupid reason. Even without ENB (it's not enb right?) it looks amazing!

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I install one of these I'm disappointed by how it looks and just go back to my ancient R☆hancer Photorealism Mod for that slightly more vibrant vanilla feel.
30515690242_d0810d16e3_o.png
30666740112_952968d68d_o.png
30164766854_5acbc53ac3_o.png