• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
In Europe, GTA V was the third best-selling physical video game. That's according to combined data from over 15 European territories, including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and the United Kingdom.

GTA V was only outsold in 2017 by FIFA 18 (No.1) and Call of Duty: WWII (No.2). That means the game outperformed other key 2017 launches such as Star Wars Battlefront II, Assassin's Creed Origins and Destiny 2.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...selling-physical-game-in-europe-last-year-gfk

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's selling strongly along with every newly bought console, that's why it's going so strong still. This has been statistically proven by our own ZhugeEX. Just FYI

Thought I'd put this on the top so no one needs to ask this.

Last edited:

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny that it's not even a game created for the current generation of consoles, yet the one that sold the most.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
This game is a monster. It's scary how it's selling super well after what? 4 years?! R*

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
but-why.gif

ChaoPaiLa

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played this yet and it feels I'm missing something by not playing it. It's a shame its price is still steep whenever there's a Steam sale.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Also during PS3 era: Midnight Club LA, Max Payne 3, LA Noire (published and some technical help).
This generation only RDR2. Since like 4.5 years after their previous game :(
All those games under performed Rockstar has made more money not making those games

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That's great and all but the vast majority seem to just buy it for GTAO which really bums me out and GTAO's success leaves me really concerned about the future as micro-transaction bullshit is leaned into even harder.

AlmostHuman

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I was very hyped about this game from its announcement till the release. I enjoyed it a lot. But it sucks and also its kinda disappointing that for the most part GTAO is a pay to win service. Even more disappointing when you see these kind of sales. And of course RDR will be the same. Oh well...I

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
RDR 2 out this year and GTA 6 will be out on this generation no way they not try to do the same thing again
I think it would be cool if GTA 6 is instead a mid gen title for Ps5/Xbox Two. GTA 5 has become this generation's GTA game. Not that there has to be only one, but it's selling better than games that came out last year