• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

GTAV has now sold 110m copies lifetime; RDR2 24m; 2K19 9m

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
This is videogame legacy written in front of our eyes. Amazing.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has now sold 24 Million copies worldwide. Only selling 1 Million copies in the last 3 months. Take-Two Interactive have said it’s still selling better than expected.
Grand Theft Auto V has now sold over 110 Million copies worldwide. Still selling very well for a game that’s almost 6 years.
https://rockstarintel.com/take-two-...n-2-has-sold-over-24-million-copies-worldwide

Oct 29, 2017
That explains why RDR2 was at ~40€ in physical stores a few months ago, which I never saw happening with GTAV.

Still amazing numbers though, obviously.

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
RDR 2 sales are nuts considering this is only the second game in the franchise most people are familiar with and no PC release yet. With a cross gen and PC release it will finish its run with some insane sales beating GTA 4

Oct 25, 2017
Have they released the GTAV platform split %s? Interested to see how many are playing it on PC vs consoles.
Rockstar games have been primarily co sole games since Gta3. I’m sure a healthy amount of people play GTA5 on pc but I’d be surprised if the number is anywhere close to 50%.

May 3, 2019
Rockstar are printing money now. It’s unreal how GTAV is doing well after 6 years! GTO is helping a lot

Waiting to see how much RDR2 sells by end of the gen

Jan 24, 2018
"Still selling very well for a game that’s almost 6 years"

What a understatement.
Still can't believe we never got any single player dlc... fuck gta online.

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe we never got any single player dlc... fuck gta online.
GTA Online is what keeps the numbers up.

Having no SP DLC sucks, but it's not hard to understand why they chose to support what brings then more revenue.

Apr 1, 2019
As much as I love Rockstar, we need to really have a discussion about if we really need their games anymore. Many think we don't need them in the industry. what do you think?

Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar games have been primarily co sole games since Gta3. I’m sure a healthy amount of people play GTA5 on pc but I’d be surprised if the number is anywhere close to 50%.
The thing is PC has a massive userbase that consoles can't hope to achieve. On Average a console game sells more , because the biggest games on PC are F2P. But GTA might be an exception , because of GTA Online.

Nov 15, 2017
And to think, I haven't played GTA V since the original launch on last gen consoles. I want to say i'm not really missing anything but it seems like this game has had an entire generation worth of gameplay that must be worth it.