• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
And it's still sitting in the top 10 in most charts around the world. Plus it seems to have had a resurgence on twitch, it often seems to be the most watched game or at least top 5. It just doesn't seem to be slowing down. Just waiting for the switch/PS5/nextbox versions to keep the train rolling.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
RDR2 is insane for the game it is, i didnt think it would have anywhere near the legs of GTA but to get to 24 million already is insane

Oct 30, 2017
GTAV and RDR2 are two of my favorite games of all time..... leaning more towards RDR2 because of Arthur and the world.

Happy to see these numbers, incredible for both games.

GTAV will be unmatched, cannot see even GTAVI top it.

Wished for RDR2 to at less pass 30M, someday somehow hopefully.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
I wonder if RDR dropping out of the conversation quicker than any game to reach such debut numbers will temper GTA6 sales? I know I'm no longer day one. GTA 5 straight to 6 would see six probably equaling or surpassing 5. RDR was such a disappointing mess of mechanics that made me question R*'s game philosophy retrospectively and moving forward.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Its almost as cowboys arent as appealing as a normal gta game

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
I feel people are ignoring the other major success and the unbelievable pace of the NBA 2K series. Like 10 years ago, these games were selling at 1/4 of this rate and now it's a 10+ million a year franchise and basically the second best selling sports franchise by entry

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
110 million copies is such a ridiculous number of copies sold for a videogame that I have trouble processing it and keep thinking I'm reading that headline wrong.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if RDR dropping out of the conversation quicker than any game to reach such debut numbers will temper GTA6 sales? I know I'm no longer day one. GTA 5 straight to 6 would see six probably equaling or surpassing 5. RDR was such a disappointing mess of mechanics that made me question R*'s game philosophy retrospectively and moving forward.

110 million copies is just nuts. It's a perfect storm of events. Gta6 can't possible exceed those numbers so it's going to get labeled a 'dissapointment' here seemingly inevitably.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
SF2 and Space Invaders?

Most profitable game is Minecraft anyway. Little development costs and no marketing costs. Lol could be in the same realm and Fortnite maybe follow, if the game continues to be massive.

I've spent hundreds of dollars on SF II in arcades. It being one of the highest grossing video games makes complete sense.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fucking ridiculous sales. I'll be buying RDR2 as well once it comes to PC. Congrats to Rockstar employees for making such a great game.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm here willing to buy GTA V for like the eighth time (Including steam gifts) if they release it on the Switch and RDRII for the second time on PC if Rockstar ever does get around to bringing those games to more platforms. I do consider both to be some of the best games created and Rockstar truly deserves its name.

I cannot wait to see what GTA VI brings to the table, but it will have a hard time beating GTA V's lifetime sales will...unless it's a cross-generation title, which I have my own personal doubt over.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
The sales expectations to try to match GTA5 sales for GTA6 has gotta be stressful for them. I due wonder if GTA6 will meet its formers loftier sales. Congrats to the franchise for becoming #1 in sales or damn near close to it.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
And still I didnt like it much... The only GTA I really liked are: GTA2 and GTA VC.
RDR2 is a big improvement over RDR (that I didnt liked particularly), it deserves much more! But there is time... and I bet we will have a next gen edition.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
0ne hundred and ten million people bought one game.

I know a lot of gamer types double-dipped (or triple dipped in some cases) but 110 million.
It's both good and bad. It could mean we will get more high quality single player games from Rock Star. Or we onlt get them if they have some mode that's riddled with microtransactions.

24 Million for RDR2 is nice. Those bonuses should be nice for the devs (won't make up for the long hours or help the contractors).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
"only" 1 million after already selling 23 lol

rockstar just operates at an entirely different level

wait until the PC version drops. Then the PS5 version. Red Dead Online is still in beta...

it'll reach 50 million eventually.

adinsx

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, Rockstar is a money making factory (with good reason).
GTA V online is really good, but I can't handle that there is a loading to do almost anything. Otherwise I would probably also be playing it.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Most publishers would go mental if their game sold 20M lifetime. GTAV sold 20M every fucking year on average since it came out more than 5 years ago.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So for Xbox One and PS4 we will have all the COD games, all FIFA games, GTAV and RDR2 battling for the top 10?