• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
This is videogame legacy written in front of our eyes. Amazing.

Red Dead Redemption 2 has now sold 24 Million copies worldwide. Only selling 1 Million copies in the last 3 months. Take-Two Interactive have said it's still selling better than expected.

Grand Theft Auto V has now sold over 110 Million copies worldwide. Still selling very well for a game that's almost 6 years.

https://rockstarintel.com/take-two-...n-2-has-sold-over-24-million-copies-worldwide

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Have they released the GTAV platform split %s? Interested to see how many are playing it on PC vs consoles.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
That explains why RDR2 was at ~40€ in physical stores a few months ago, which I never saw happening with GTAV.

Still amazing numbers though, obviously.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
RDR 2 sales are nuts considering this is only the second game in the franchise most people are familiar with and no PC release yet. With a cross gen and PC release it will finish its run with some insane sales beating GTA 4

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
Rockstar are printing money now. It's unreal how GTAV is doing well after 6 years! GTO is helping a lot

Waiting to see how much RDR2 sells by end of the gen

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
RDR 2 might be a slow down period now, but if the PC version and possible SP DLC..it will pick up again

Baku

Jan 24, 2018
"Still selling very well for a game that's almost 6 years"

What a understatement.
Still can't believe we never got any single player dlc... fuck gta online.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
bc9a3249d547040ae85fe9b9c0b5ef7b.png

are these guys legends yet?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hope they're not letting those numbers color their expectations to disproportionately on the next GTA, cause GTA V is a total aberrant statistic.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
As much as I love Rockstar, we need to really have a discussion about if we really need their games anymore. Many think we don't need them in the industry. what do you think?

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Rockstar games have been primarily co sole games since Gta3. I'm sure a healthy amount of people play GTA5 on pc but I'd be surprised if the number is anywhere close to 50%.

The thing is PC has a massive userbase that consoles can't hope to achieve. On Average a console game sells more , because the biggest games on PC are F2P. But GTA might be an exception , because of GTA Online.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It's hard to think of another game topping total numbers of copies sold any time in the near future. I think the record will hold for some time. Absolutely insane.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
After Minecraft GTA is the best selling singular game of all time.

Crazy shit.

(tetris doesnt count)

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
And to think, I haven't played GTA V since the original launch on last gen consoles. I want to say i'm not really missing anything but it seems like this game has had an entire generation worth of gameplay that must be worth it.