• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Have you already played the ultimate gangster epic on PS3? And again on PS4? And, have you really had enough of Los Santos? Of course not, and that's exactly why Grand Theft Auto V in the expanded and improved version for PS5 should be at the top of your wish list. You've never seen the crime metropolis of Los Santos look so beautiful, as the skyline shines in crisp 4K resolution thanks to the bold graphics update, and you'll be able to take on the city with extreme smoothness thanks to smooth 60 FPS.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see what PC settings it's gonna be closest to. It's still a surprisingly heavy game if you don't hold back.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW, if they can bring in the ped/car density to GTAO, that'd be nice.

That or actually bringing in some of the GTAO cars and weapons to the single player campaign.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Can you install the campaign and not the online? I wouldn't mind replaying that, but I have no interest in GTA Online and disk space is getting hard to handle.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
They will need to add raytracing too if they expect people to get it again. Who am I kidding, this will be the top seller this winter.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
English speaking media found that 3 weeks old blog post, lol.

I thought that is a given.
But i can see different settings that also just run in 30FPS.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I honestly would hope so. It's a re-remaster of a PS3 game lol

Playing GTA at 60+ FPS feels amazing, too. Hard to go back to 30 FPS after that.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear it's turning out well. Rockstar could do the bare minimum and the game would continue selling millions. It is absurd at this point.

sonnyboy

Oct 25, 2017
...Ok... That's pretty underwhelming if that's all we're getting. Honestly, they'd be doing me a favor because I won't buy it lol.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Reminder that on consoles Max Payne 3 is still trapped on Xbox 360/PS3 platforms with no backwards compatibility.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
That little marketing text doesn't say anything tho, 60fps is a locked fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if the res will be some kind of dynamic at the end and won't even max out at native 4K.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I wonder if we are just talking about a ported PC version, or something utilizing RDR2's engine additions. On the one hand PS+ players are getting GTAO for free which would be odd if its a high investment work, on the other, it took a year after the next gen consoles to release to come out (if its not getting delayed) so it being a straight up port would also sound odd. To the point of it being a bigger upgrade, we already know next gen consoles will be able to upgrade vehicle speeds beyond what is possible on other versions.

On the topic of GTAO as well, with the online portion now just being known as GTA Online and GTAVI releasing hopefully by the end of this gen, there is also the question of how are they going to intergrate GTAVI online content for it, maybe owners of GTA Online for next gen would need to pay for a GTAVI DLC like MMO expansions?

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
At least add something to the single player to keep us going until 6, flesh out North Yankton or... who am I kidding.

Finished it 3 times, I guess I'll do one more.