• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Guavamelee! 2 was announced only for PS4 during Paris Games Week 2017, but today, Drinkbox Studio confirmed a PC version for a Steam release in 2018.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Awesome news! The more people that have a chance to play Drinkbox's games the better. Guacamelee was a masterpiece, and I expect no less from this.

Nov 28, 2017
This shouldn't even be a concern. The first game (and I assume the Champion ST Edition released on PC as well IIRC) was quite a success on PC.

It's like worrying about a new GTA or RDR game not being on PC, because the platform wasn't mentioned during the reveal.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Release daaate, or even time frame? 2018 is a pretty big window, can we get like a "Q3" or something? Either way, I'll (hopefully) be able to play it at E3 this year.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Nice, I love the first game!

That said, I hope they downplay the whole meme references in the sequel, as I felt they were tacky and unnecessary, the gameplay and art style are strong enough to make the game a success.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't like the way the main character moved in the first game (felt laggy, I assume by design), ended up not completing it.

Hope it's different in this one.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
We all know this is a timed exclusive, I'd wager between six months to a year before it hits the Switch/X1.

Don't trust any third party Sony exclusives, not unless they've paid for development and the developer is very clear the game wouldn't exist without Sony.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
We all know this is a timed exclusive, I'd wager between six months to a year before it hits the Switch/X1.

Don't trust any third party Sony exclusives, not unless they've paid for development and the developer is very clear the game wouldn't exist without Sony.
Hopefully. Played through the CE on Xbox and enjoyed it a lot.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Nice. I haven't played 1 yet so that gives me time until it releases on PC.

Hoping for a Switch port as well cause I find myself playing indie games there more often.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Still undecided between PC and the inevitable Switch version.

When the Vita was a thing, I got burned by so many indies getting ported over that I stopped buying them on PC. Same thing seems to be happening to Switch (Owlboy and Kentucky Route Zero, in my own case) that I've stopped buying indies and waiting for where I want to play them.

The only problem for me is the cagey-ness of some developers about release dates or even whether or not they'll port it. I get that they don't want to cannabilize sales on launch platforms by promising ports later, or there are legal contracts regarding promotion (like I'm assuming is the case with Guac2 here) but it's annoying as a consumer when I'd just like to buy these games on platforms I'd rather play them on.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Pretty sad that they sticked with the flashy colors style of the STCE... artistically, the OG Guacamelee was so much better :/

Well, I'm still hyped for the game :)

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
The Paris Games Week announcement was exactly 5 months ago now. Given how these types of things have gone in the past, the "coming soon" release date might be more accurate than one might suspect.