• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
CURRENTLY SITTING AT AN 82 ON OPENCRITIC
opencritic.com

Guardians of the Galaxy Reviews

Guardians of the Galaxy is rated 'Strong' after being reviewed by 182 critics, with an overall average score of 82. It's ranked in the top 14% of games and recommended by 86% of critics.

www.ign.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review - IGN

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is a fun single-player campaign full of cosmic comic book flavor.

8 from IGN.

www.gamespot.com

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Review - Shot Through The Heart

Eidos-Montréal's Guardians of the Galaxy digs into the weird side of Marvel comics to deliver a fulfilling story about the titular heroes.

7 from GameSpot

www.destructoid.com

Review: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy review: Square Enix gives the license another try, this time with Star-Lord and his ragtag band of bandits.

6.5 from Destructoid

www.youtube.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Easy Allies Review

Guardians of the Galaxy offers a fresh take on the familiar team, filled with heart and humor.Written by Michael HuberVideo Edited by Isla HinckReviewed on P...

8 from Easy Allies

press-start.com.au

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review - Pure Blockbuster Entertainment

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review - Pure Blockbuster Entertainment

8.5 from Press Start Australia

8 from Push Square

www.youtube.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review: Better than the Movies

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the best Marvel stories ever told. Its gameplay, however, never hits its full potential, and the game is incredibl...

Review from the Unranked Podcast

8 from EGM

www.eurogamer.net

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy review - breezy but unfocused action

I'm not sure what Guardians of the Galaxy wants to be.On one hand, it's a wonderfully accessible adventure wrapped up i…

Review from Eurogamer

www.pcgamer.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy review

Guardians of the Galaxy is charming, heartwarming, and beset by technical issues.

7 from PC Gamer

www.gamesradar.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy review: "Might be better than the movies"

An utterly memorable story, with brilliant takes on the Guardians

4/5 stars from GamesRadar

www.gameinformer.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review - Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Review – Enthralling Space Madness - Game Informer

Nonstop banter between the misfit superteam makes for a surprisingly fun time.

8.5 from Game Informer

www.polygon.com

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is the biggest surprise of the year

They may be a rag-tag band of misfits, but they’re my rag-tag band of misfits

Review from Polygon

www.thesixthaxis.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review | TheSixthAxis

The Guardians of the Galaxy are back in video game form, jumping into a new galactic adventure and battling all sorts of enemies. Our review.

6 from the Sixth Axis

www.consolecreatures.com

Review: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy | Console Creatures

Everything about Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy could have gone terribly wrong, instead, it delivers one of the most surprising and entertaining games this year.

Recommended from Console Creatures

mp1st.com

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Review (PS5) - It's Flarking Good

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Review - It's Flarking Good: Eidos-Montreal's single-player driven Marvel game just might be the surprise hit of the year.

9.5 from MP1st

www.gamereactor.es

ANÁLISIS de MARVEL'S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - ¿Es lo que esperaban los fans? - Análisis

Una larga historia de Peter Quill y familia para que metas baza.

7 from Game Reactor

www.vice.com

The 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Game Has the Sloppy Appeal of Its Source Material

Never great but rarely bad, 'Guardians' tries to make up for a lack of consistent quality with nonstop action and variety.

Review from Waypoint

www.rpgfan.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Review | RPGFan

bly guessed, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy follows the exploits of the team you've come to know and love: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, and others.

87 from RPG Fan

Last edited:

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I feel about Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy the way I felt about Jedi Fallen Order.

One of the best stories told in that universe, but the gameplay can be rough, and there are some nasty bugs.

But seriously. The story is ridiculously good.

Helix My review:

Last edited:

Dartho

Oct 25, 2017
Got a video review here. Our reviewer LOVED it. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Looks decent. Not really too compelling to buy tho.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.destructoid.com

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy review: Square Enix gives the license another try, this time with Star-Lord and his ragtag band of bandits.

Destructoid isn't pleased. 6.5

8.0 from EZA

www.gamepro.de

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy im Test: Endlich wieder ein gutes Superheldenspiel

Bei Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy kommt Flair wie in den Filmen und Comics auf. Nur am Gameplay mangelt es manchmal.

german gamepro.de with a 81/100

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
opencritic.com

Guardians of the Galaxy Reviews

Guardians of the Galaxy is rated 'Strong' after being reviewed by 182 critics, with an overall average score of 82. It's ranked in the top 14% of games and recommended by 86% of critics.

82 from 61 reviews. Better than I was expecting.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
It looks so much like a rehashed Avengers which was so incredibly disappointing and I burned out on that gameplay maxing all my characters. Definitely went from a must buy to a wait.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Glad so many are praising the story. From what I've played so far, it's definitely toe-to-toe with both MCU Guardians movies in terms of its narrative. I would personally venture to say it's as good as both movies but of course your mileage may vary lol

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Really surprised at so much praise for the narrative. I wasn't feeling the previews at all in that respect.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Our reviewer really liked the game: https://www.pushsquare.com/reviews/ps5/marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 Review - 8/10

For as much uncertainty there has been surrounding Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, the final game has delivered. Fun and frantic combat provide the basis for a long, extremely enjoyable campaign featuring the characters you love and the tracks your kids usually screw their noses up at. A great title that deserves to be expanded upon in the future.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
It looks so much like a rehashed Avengers which was so incredibly disappointing and I burned out on that gameplay maxing all my characters. Definitely went from a must buy to a wait.
How so? As far as I can tell the game is nothing like Avengers short of being a 3rd person action game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So yeah, mostly 8s. About what I expected.

Not too shabby, Eidos Montreal.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As I was going into the thread my head was thinking this was going to be an 82.

Glad to see that's alright. Maybe not a pick up at launch but problem something to pick up later down the line.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad the game is good, but there's no way I'm going to sign up to listen to their terrible banter for 10+ hours.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Does this have a PS4/5 upgrade path? I'm trying to maximize game solutions so that my kids can play on their PS4.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Is there a general consensus on length? I seem to remember some early stuff seemed to imply it's pretty lengthy

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
There are definitely some outliers but consensus seems pretty positive. Looking forward to playing this! I trust the Deus Ex team.

A Grizzly Bear

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
www.destructoid.com

Destructoid isn't pleased. 6.5.
If you only look at the score, sure, but the closing statement wouldn't lead me to believe they weren't pleased:

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy coasts by quite a bit on personality, and that's definitely going to make it divisive. Playing through it myself, I was constantly torn. When it gets going and it's firing on all cylinders, it's fun. But it's also exceedingly linear and many of the choices it offers are surface-level at best. Treat it like an arcadey weekend romp and you'll be fine: bonus points if you already adore these lovable little bandits.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
The MCU-esque art style is basically the only thing this game has in common with Avengers. The combat is way closer to FF VII Remake than Avengers.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Not going to heavy into reading reviews, how well does it make use of PS5 features, such has haptics/triggers.