• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Now, Glenn Close, who starred in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film, has become the latest to speak up. The latest issue of Empire Magazine includes an interview with Close, and she took the opportunity to make it clear she disagrees with Disney.

"It's hard to think of it without him. It's sad. And it brings up, I think, some very tricky issues around this movement. I bring it up with every woman I talk to because I want to know what people feel, you know? Is that truly what we should be doing? Especially in this case, somebody [alt-right blogger Mike Cernovich] who's know to ruin people for something that they wrote in a totally different context, what, ten, 12 years ago? What are we going to do, go back to our pasts and make sure that everything we said was politically correct? Who can live like that? I just feel that there's something wrong about that.

"We are very flawed creatures. Look at what we're doing to our f***ing world. It was a question I was talking about to somebody last night - you have somebody that actually has the creative energy to create something like Guardians of the Galaxy. He's a flawed human being. He was a, you know, cocky a*****e back then, and was saying things to provoke people. Does that negate him as an artist? I don't think so. I personally do not think so. Or else we're taking down buildings and paintings - you know, take down all the Picassos, he treated women terribly. If it's going to be a lasting cultural revolution, which is a big change, if... We've got to take into consideration human nature
."

Source: https://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-glenn-close-disney-james-gunn/

I think it's misguided from Close to link this to the #MeToo movement, but I blame only Disney and Alan Horn for that. That's exactly what the alt-right troll wanted all along, to distort and hack reality to discredit the #MeToo movement, and the trades linking this situation to the movement haven't done any favors either.

With that said, I do think she brings some excellent points. What we need to do is to separate alt-right character assassination jobs from actual assholes in Hollywood or anywhere.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Locking Thread.

We do not need threads based on every interview about the situation with James Gunn. If major news/articles come out, feel free to make a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.