• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lupianwolf

Oct 27, 2017
gucci_sonic_shoes_01.jpg

Gucci unveils six colorways of its SEGA sneaker, a shoe epitomizing Alessandro Michele's everything-is-everything design aesthetic. Made in collaboration with Japanese video game giant SEGA, the shoe's leather and mesh upper is made distinct by a jewel-covered strap that wraps around the shoe from the heel to the toe and under the sole. The Gucci logo is printed on the shoe's tongue, using the SEGA font. Naturally, the shoe sits on a super chunky midsole with a rugged, hiker sole. Subtly is everything this shoe doesn't stand for.

Planned for an early July launch and sized for men and women, the shoe is priced at $1,400, taking luxury sneaker pricing to a new high, topping the previous high $1,090 price tag of Louis Vuitton's Archlight sneaker.

https://snobette.com/2018/05/gucci-segga-sneaker-july-2018/

EDIT: Other colorways
gucci-fall-winter-2018-milan-fashion-week-8.jpg

DiaryArticleSingle_FS-S83-Details-11_001_Default.jpg

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta go fast (in the other direction, as far away from these sneakers as I can get).

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine paying $1400 for that monstrosity. There's one born every minute

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Is it a sneaker for eight year-old girls from the 90s? Because that's the only target audience for this that makes sense.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
That's one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. Who the fuck would but the shit

Oct 26, 2017
If you took off the ugly bands of gems, they wouldn't be terrible. But at that point, you're paying $1,400 from a rather standard pair of shoes.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks ugly from the side but much better from the front. Bit bulky for my tastes though.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
I feel nauseous.

If I ever see someone wearing these in person I might instantly die... dead. Literally. For real. Please don't.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe you can buy a pair, pop one of the Infinity Stones out, and reverse your horrible mistake.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like someone threw a sneaker in the closet and their sister's belt got wrapped around it.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Localizing Yakuza spinoffs and Phantasy star games would be a better investment than this, wtf.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Does Sega own the font of their logo or something? Otherwise I don't know how those sneakers are related to Sega

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Yea Resetera is not the best place to be having a fashion discussion

Shoe has potential to be put together nicely with something but certainly needs to be the centerpiece of the outfit. The idea is cool though

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
WTF that's disgusting.

I expected red and white Sonic sneakers. I'm so disappointed.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
What does this have to do with Sega?

Why not Sonic sneakers or something with the Sega logo on it? Couldn't they at least make the Gucci blue so it actually looks like the Sega logo? I didn't even get the connection.

Okay.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"Okay so we've got a regular sneaker right? Now lets put some leather straps on it! Okay then put some gems on those... Raise the arch up a bit so the leather straps don't touch the ground"

This looks like something I could make in an hour for $30 at Walmart and the Dollar store.