• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017

https://www.parool.nl/amsterdam/oud-telegraafgebouw-wordt-uitvalsbasis-guerrilla-games~a4601684

Translation:

Guerrilla will lease the five office floors, totaling 7300 square meters, from the beginning of next year. "I've been looking for room for growth for three or four years," says CEO Hermen Hulst, "but that is hardly possible in Amsterdam, which will be the base for Guerrilla." We are going to put everything to our will. For ten years we do not have to worry about our accommodation anymore, the idea is that we will never go out here again. "

At Guerrilla there are now around 250 game developers in permanent employment, which can double during the final development of games. The company, one of the most important gaming studios in the world, wants to grow to at least 400 permanent employees.

Growth should also make it possible to release A-list games more often. "We have worked at Horizon for 6.5 years, which is exceptional: we want to release games in the two or three years, both new titles and games based on existing titles."

Last edited:

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
381px-Telegraaf.jpg

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nice, I wonder if this means they are planning to work on two IPs, 400 is a lot for one game.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nice, I wonder if this means they are planning to work on two IPs, 400 is a lot for one game.

Either two IPs or faster turnaround for a single game. I think Ubi does the latter, where they have 1000 people working on an AC game at one time so they can churn them out every year.

z1yin9c

Nov 8, 2017
I like this part of translation:
Growth should also make it possible to release A-list games more often. "We have worked at Horizon for 6.5 years, which is exceptional: we want to release games in the two or three years, both new titles and games based on existing titles."

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Larger pre-production team would be very useful, the people who would hash out all the essential details of whatever their next project is while most of the team works on a current project. That seems more realistic than trying to do 2 games at exactly the same time.

Still, that's a pretty damn big expansion for their studio, here's hoping it proves to be sustainable in the long term.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Killzone, seriously. If they want to work on something else besides Horizon, make new IP. I would gladly welcome multiplayer only FPS.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to bother making more killzone then they need to go the RPG route with that too. The lore was always pretty interesting but, kind of like halo, you never actually saw any of it if you only played the games. As normal FPS they were never able to make anything that good or interesting, so stop trying to do something you can't do.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
It seems they want to reduce the development process for Horizon 2

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Wait Horizon was made by just 250 people!?

WTF it was way better than any Ubisoft open world game I've ever played including the AssCreed games, the combat and character control felt way more precise and responsive, the world building and NPC interaction and exploration are all so much better than anything Ubi has done.

How was it made by just 250 people??? Ubisoft couldn't even made a game like that with 1,000 people.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Wait Horizon was made by just 250 people!?

WTF it was way better than any Ubisoft open world game I've ever played including the AssCreed games, the combat and character control felt way more precise and responsive, the world building and NPC interaction and exploration are all so much better than anything Ubi has done.

Having put over 15 hours into Horizon and 80 into Origins....it's not as good as Origins. Also outsourcing is a thing. :P

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Mark me down as another Killzone lover that would eagerly gobble up a reboot or continuation. The thought of the R6:Siege director combined with KZ's already stellar MP has me salivating.