• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
It's been rumoured for a while now that Guerrilla might have a second team working on a multiplayer focused game, and the studios growth to a 300-400 heavy studio would help support that.

About a year ago they hired the Game Director of Rainbow 6 Siege, Simon Larouche, who is currently the Game Director of an unannounced game at Guerrilla. His recent tweet where he mentions "Sooo, it begins!" could suggest that this game may have been put into full production, whilst the job listing suggests the game is very heavy on multiplayer and also makes a reference to Killzone.

Here is a link to the job listing:

https://boards.greenhouse.io/guerrilla/jobs/4257235002

Last edited:

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
It will be interesting to see what kind of multiplayer experiences will be possible on nextgen hardware.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Killzone 2 was great. Didn't play the PS4 one but I heard good things about it too. Bring it on.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon ''2'' with a multiplayer mode in a Monster Hunter style makes too much sense

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
hopefully still Killzone related.
Or not. Definitely curious
Wouldn't mind a coop Killzone Terrorist Hunt type of mode.

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
Simon has been at GG for more than a year now.
So, about as much time needed to get a few good ideas, iterate and reboot with a breakthrough team and go through the hoops to get investment from Sony for one of those. Don't see how it clashes with my pre-prod estimation.
Full production is often use after alpha (all systems in) and you don't get there for a AAA in a year.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Helghast Legends (BR)?

btw Sony, Killzone Trilogy Remaster would be easy money. What is Bluepoint doing atm?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully whatever this is, it retains their 'Warzone' game mode, always annoyed that didn't become an industry standard.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
So, about as much time needed to get a few good ideas, iterate and reboot with a breakthrough team and go through the hoops to get investment from Sony for one of those. Don't see how it clashes with my pre-prod estimation.
Full production is often use after alpha (all systems in) and you don't get there for a AAA in a year.

I agree they're probably nowhere near full production, but I generally consider pre-production to also be include the early ideation phase of getting your basic powerpoints and design docs ready with the core crew.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A game no for me then. Too bad. But hey, it happens (if it doesn't have a big singleplayer mode).

iamandy

Nov 6, 2017
Brasil
Dead IP Reborn!
0lR5Ult.jpg

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm not interested really but I'll keep an open mind, but hope it does well either way

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Really hoping it isn't Killzone. That franchise got 4 installment on home consoles and never really took off, it's time to let it go and start fresh if Guerrilla wants to make another FPS.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Killzone Battle Royal i'm thinking as not really sure on MP for the next Horizon game?

AxeVince

Oct 26, 2017
I agree they're probably nowhere near full production, but I generally consider pre-production to also be include the early ideation phase of getting your basic powerpoints and design docs ready with the core crew.
I understand your point now, it's just that at AAA scale, early ideation is often done before pre-prod and will take *a lot* of time.
Core crew (< 40 people) is often before pre prod, pre prod on a AAA can still reach 150-200 people.
Powerpoints and design docs are in flux from ideation to beta and can be cut or brought back any moment during that window, "basic" can vary from studio to studio but from what I've seen, state during ideation is almost inexistant as prototypes prime on them.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
A MH style Horizon MP would be insane, and would also require a separate team to support it imo. I doubt this is going to be anything like that though.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how good Killzone 2 MP was? The changing objectives on the fly was so innovative and no one has copied it.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Whatever it is I hope it has that sound you get when you kill someone in Killzone.

Surely one of the most satisfying sounds ever in gaming.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it's about time Sony invests on a big AAA online game and I say this as someone who loves their single player games

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of split on this. I'd be fine with more Killzone because the series has had some great high points and still has a lot of potential. But on the other hand a clean break and new IP would be much more exciting for me personally, albeit no doubt something that would need longer in development.

Does anyone know what size the studio is nowadays, by the way? I doubt they're big enough for two full projects although this feels like it could be an MP-only title for PS5 launch, so it probably wouldn't need the resources that Horizon 2 will.