• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Maybe people will learn before assuming things in the future. Nintendo never said they weren't offering refunds.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
All it says is to contact Customer Support, who will then tell you to catch a bus, guv.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
There shouldn't even be two versions of the expansion pass you can buy. There should be one pass that automatically detects which version of the game you have and distributes the version-exclusive content accordingly.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Good thing Nintendo is doing this.

I do think it's ridiculous that they split the dlc for Sword and Shield into two different versions, versus having one expansion that works regardless of which version of Pokémon you bought.

It just screams greed.

Outside of exclusive Pokémon, is the expansion pass for Sword the same as Shield? They're both getting isle of armor and the second right?

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You sound upset that people were saying mean things about a company 😂

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
This actually makes a lot of people who defended Nintendo in that other thread look like idiots.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Good thing Nintendo is doing this.

I do think it's ridiculous that they split the dlc for Sword and Shield into two different versions, versus having one expansion that works regardless of which version of Pokémon you bought.

It just screams greed.

Outside of exclusive Pokémon, is the expansion pass for Sword the same as Shield? They're both getting isle of armor and the second right?

I am curious if you can just make DLC work on two different softwares. As in does that work easily on a technical level? I don't know. No other franchise (I think lol) to reference. Not defending it, just curious about that aspect from a technical standpoint.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's good. Maybe next time they should consider just making one expansion pass that works for both versions so you know....this is never even necessary to begin with.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it says it all that everyone was willing to accept that Nintendo weren't offering refunds for it. They have that reputation for a reason, but good on them in this instance.

Both they and Sony need to get their heads out of their arses when it comes to consumer rights regarding refunds.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well duh, that's why we're supposed to have banned sources here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This whole DLC situation just shines a big light on the stupidity of having two versions still imo.

But it's been working for them and people like it and I'm not a Pokémon fan anyway, so whatever I guess.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling #blessed that Nintendo will help out if some kid buys the wrong content by mistake 😭

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
There shouldn't even be two versions of the expansion pass you can buy. There should be one pass that automatically detects which version of the game you have and distributes the version-exclusive content accordingly.
But then people who bought both versions of the game would only have to buy the expansion pass once instead of twice!

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So the backlash worked and we should react in the exact same way in the future. Thanks!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Good on them, I can see how that's an easy mistake for anyone to make and issuing refunds for that is the right thing to do.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There should have been better presentation on which version is which to help avoid the mistakes in the first place and there should be better refund/licensing systems in place, but at least they'll work with customers on the issue.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expected. The other thread was based on nonsense and no factual information, just sometime trying to stir shit.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Original source was Nintendosoup, huh

Really let the lede get buried on that one, y'all

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, you're telling me I won't be punished (as badly) for Nintendo's shitty business practices?

Next time just make the Pass work with both games so you don't fuck over the most loyal fans that double dip on the game.