• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad they're continuing supporting the game despite the heavy layoffs they faced. Shame that this could probably have been a new expansion if that didn't happen, but at least they're not dropping support.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
They are really hyping this one up. I'm really looking forward to this. Looks like a Charr legion is teaming up with Jormag

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I really need to get back into GW2 at some point, but it felt like the game really plateaued once you finished the main campaign. Any suggestions on how to find the fun again?

Jun 14, 2019
Probs gonna be living story but with expansion like content. Think destiny type i imagine.

Considering path of fire wasn't live streamed and that was only 23 minutes long and this is nearlly double in length?

Will probs be quite alot here because they know after the layoffs and season 4 people are expecting things considering how they have hyped it up and said themselves they won't be doing expansions really now and the devs who were working on other projects are now all heads down on gw2

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer starts: Mom I'm scared

Living story is called
The Icebrood Saga
Exploring the former territory of Charr and Norn, shedding light on their culture.

Prologue Episode releases to everyone September 7th

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, those audience reactions look fake. Also this is disappointing. I thought they would announce something more exciting like Guild Wars 3 or next expansion, but this is just another living story, meh.

Adda

Oct 28, 2017
Wonder if they could somehow get it on consoles for a bit of a boost. Pretty cost prohibitive to port though I expect.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Shortest elder dragon nap ever if Jormag wakes up this soon lol. I thought he and Primordus being put to sleep in season 3 was pretty lame through.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Man, those audience reactions look fake. Also this is disappointing. I thought they would announce something more exciting like Guild Wars 3 or next expansion, but this is just another living story, meh.

Nah, I doubt the audience reactions are fake. Most of the people there are probably hard core ANET fans so they will get hyped no matter what.

Hoping for more announcements because I am thoroughly whelmed.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Strike Missions: Beginner friendly raid-type bosses.

CoDRaRy.png

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
What a disappointing stream. Cant believe they rented out a theatre for that.

Went in with little expectations and came out of it feeling so sad.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If I buy Path of Fire on cd keys (for $13) will I get heart of thorns or is it only on Arena Net?

edit: seems like that would work actually. Hmm....

Last edited:

Anjoys

Avenger
Nov 10, 2017
I'm excited for the story, but... What was the point of that stream? The POF announcement was better, they should have really just done a pre-record announcement.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I've been out of the loop of Guild Wars 2 for years. Have any recent updates made things easier for returning players?

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played since HoT. I have all of season 3 unlocked but never played any of it. I've also got all of season 4 unlocked but don't have PoF. Would have thought they would have a discount on PoF to draw old players back.

I'll go through season 3 one day for the story and to see the zones they added but I'm down to spending a bunch on a game that feels abandoned.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I really want to come back to this game, especially if it means punching Joko in the face, but I haven't seen any changes that I really love aside from the specializations in the classes which only does so much with their implementation of the dynamic levelling system.

Anyone here still playing that can attest to the quality of the story/writing/gameplay past the initial campaign?

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
I really enjoyed the base game but remember as they added new living world content it was all very poorly written and the new areas were really annoying to traverse with the new movement abilities. I pretty much 100% completed the original game then dropped it completely after giving the living world stuff my best shot. I just couldn't stand it.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Former ArenaNet dev on the community reaction:

I no longer work there so I can say this... Holy cow, in a year in which the studio shed over 140 of its developers, which hit them not just practically, but emotionally, to say "Oh I was let down by the announcement..." Wow. Just, take a moment and think about how that sounds.

Seriously, that a team can rally from such a huge blow and come to this season announcement as prepared and polished as they were, is nothing short of miraculous. I do get that the expectation and hype train was rolling, and maybe there's more you were personally hoping for.

But man, the team deserves every kudo, applause & encouragement you can give them if you love the game at all. I'm not saying you can't be critical of it; of course you can. But please know, because I've been a part of more layoffs than I care to, they're utterly devastating.

*Everything* changed on February 25th, yet here the team is, six months later, proving that (at least in a player facing way) they haven't missed a beat. That DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN. I'm sympathetic to those who wanted another expansion, or more details about templates, etc.

I do get that, but just try, if you can, to take a step back and really ask how important that is to you, compared to seeing just how much class, heart and resilience that was shown today. I'm sure some will still be disappointed. Fine. That's your prerogative.

I, for one, came away confident that, though the team's makeup has changed, and will continue to evolve in the wake of the events in February, things are still in exceptionally capable and confident hands. Undying love to my family at Arenanet.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Former ArenaNet dev on the community reaction:

On one hand I totally get what's he's saying but I feel like the community's reaction makes sense in relation to the expectations set.

A month before this the event they made a big deal about how this season was going to do stuff that you'd only see in expansions, and how they're using a live event to make the Season 5 announcement.

So then when the event comes and it's sort of a wet fart... It doesn't make people hopeful.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
As a primarily PvE player, I am excited. The Shiverpeaks and Charr Homelands were my favorite areas in the original Guild Wars.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Man I knew this was coming cuz it was either gonna be Jormag or Primordus but I honestly wanted Bubbles.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Man I knew this was coming cuz it was either gonna be Jormag or Primordus but I honestly wanted Bubbles.

This is just my prediction, but we probably won't face the ocean dragon for a long time.

Q4 2019: Icebrood Saga/Defeat Jormag
Spring 2020: B-plot/minor villain
Fall 2020: Setup next dragon
Spring 2021: Beat dragon

And I'm being generous with the timeline here. I can't blame them considering they are just getting their footing after the layoffs earlier this year.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
This is just my prediction, but we probably won't face the ocean dragon for a long time.

Q4 2019: Icebrood Saga/Defeat Jormag
Spring 2020: B-plot/minor villain
Fall 2020: Setup next dragon
Spring 2021: Beat dragon

And I'm being generous with the timeline here. I can't blame them considering they are just getting their footing after the layoffs earlier this year.
i feel like people aren't reading enough into that giant tornado of water that showed up in this trailer. i think we're going to be introduced to the deep sea dragons' minions and name at the very least during this arc. the far shiverpeaks is right alongside the body of water it awakened in.