• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Oh, it made me choose a starting world or something like that - I think I chose Sea Swallow or something? I figured that was an actual server. Is there a way to apply to the ERA guild?

If you post your username one of the guild officers will eventually come by and add you. The guild hasn't been very active but the game has been.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in 3 years (right before HoT launch; expansion price was shit then).

Do you guys think they'll bother with a GW3 at some point ?

I always wanted to go back to the Guild Wars setting and lore, but I think GW2 is too old right now (6 years!), even if it's considered "stable" in the MMO scene.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
A stable and active MMO that still gets updates semi-frequently (in GW2's case new story + new map ~4 times per year right now) is never too old. That's when they are at their prime! Lots of content to play through, economy is balanced, no bad bugs and so on.
50€ total for both expansions is a steal imho.

JonCha

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I miss playing this tbf. I remember getting in right at the beginning at the old place and it was really, really fun. And active guild here would make a massive difference.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I miss playing this tbf. I remember getting in right at the beginning at the old place and it was really, really fun. And active guild here would make a massive difference.

We lost some rebuilding momentum when everything blew up last fall right at the time the expansion hit. Unfortunate timing on our part, and we do need new and returning players to build back up the guild roster. (Especially when they change the WvW to be more guild group focused and less server focused.)

Oh, also there's a big sale going on again right now. You can get the standard edition of both expansions for half off.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I might get back into it later during the summer; since I'm in the middle of the exam's session, it's probably better if I hold off for a while longer.

darkfalz

Jun 8, 2018
England
Without a doubt, Guild Wars 2 is the best MMO I've played in recent years. ANet approach to fans is refreshing compared to other big MMOs - Guild Chat being my biggest love.

Even though I don't play much anymore (log on for LW patches, etc), I will continue to support them the best I can - I'm always itching to get back into Tyria!

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally up for a roller beetle. So pleased they'll add a new mount if they have an idea they can go with.

TehPwnerer

Oct 30, 2017
So....wtf? How do I acquire the Starbound Griffon mount skin now? I just bought 4,000 gems (didn't do my research) and the stupid Istani mount license won't let you choose the Starbound skin. It doesn't look like there is any way to get it now. Yet again, GW2 does a terrible job at explaining exactly what an item does. It leads you to believe you can choose any mount skin you don't have (minus the specific purchase ones). What a waste of $50.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So....wtf? How do I acquire the Starbound Griffon mount skin now? I just bought 4,000 gems (didn't do my research) and the stupid Istani mount license won't let you choose the Starbound skin. It doesn't look like there is any way to get it now. Yet again, GW2 does a terrible job at explaining exactly what an item does. It leads you to believe you can choose any mount skin you don't have (minus the specific purchase ones). What a waste of $50.
Yeah it's odd that the tooltip for the Istani License does not say that it contains 15 specific ones (and not the 30 that was available in the first pack). It's also very strange (and very bad) that you can't preview the pack until you already have it in your inventory (from what I saw). They need to change that. You shouldn't be required to look up items on the wiki to get that sort of information.

The original mount pack is not currently available. They cycle gem store items (during spring and fall iirc) and bring some back for special sales. It will undoubtedly be back "soon". It didn't let you buy a more expensive choosy license tho, just the random and complete collection. Maybe they'll change that when it comes back.

If you didn't use the license you got, you can most probably get a refund.

TehPwnerer

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's odd that the tooltip for the Istani License does not say that it contains 15 specific ones (and not the 30 that was available in the first pack). It's also very strange (and very bad) that you can't preview the pack until you already have it in your inventory (from what I saw). They need to change that. You shouldn't be required to look up items on the wiki to get that sort of information.

The original mount pack is not currently available. They cycle gem store items (during spring and fall iirc) and bring some back for special sales. It will undoubtedly be back "soon". It didn't let you buy a more expensive choosy license tho, just the random and complete collection. Maybe they'll change that when it comes back.

If you didn't use the license you got, you can most probably get a refund.
I just submitted a ticket to get a Gem refund and return the license. Still a hassle, and yes I noted in the ticket that the description is very poor and misleading. Yes you shouldn't have to research the internet and wiki to get that information. Also, the Starbound skin (and others) still say they are acquired through the Black Lion Trading company, which they are not at this time.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Since I double posted I will take this moment to drop a picture of what is currently happening in game:
DgpqJvaUYAMEHxv.jpg

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
The servers are pure and utter trash, i was waiting for TD, found a map went AFK came back 2mins before meta, kicked out and can't log back in..

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I never liked GW2 much after giving it a f2p shot. I just hopped back on the original and I just added like 25 hours in just a few days. Holy shit. It's 2005 all over again.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd honestly play this more if I wasn't sleep deprived all the time.

Right now I can only play this for a short time before dozing off.

Only things that keep me awake now are games that require consistent split second timing to not die like Blazblue/For Honor.

Will try to play the new story chapter tomorrow if things are fixed by then.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Well, I was finally able to finish the current LS episode and oh boy. The story just keeps getting better and better!

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the posts here from the first two days of release, it's a good thing I got around to starting the new episode yesterday. Did the story, map completion (except the POIs that require the second beetle ability), and the collections for the beetle without any problems. Now I just have to grind out the exp as I already have the mastery points needed.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
After Tuesday massive fuck up by Anet, plus lack of time to play, today i had some time and didn't even bother....the Tuesday fuck up killed my Enthusiasm...

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
After failing to get started tuesday I tried again. This morning I couldn't login with any character. Kept saying network error and blaming my functioning internet connection. Later I got logged in and got as far as the stealth bit when it chucked me back to the main map for no reason and when I tried to enter the instance again it put me on the open version of the new map. I've given up for now.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
After failing to get started tuesday I tried again. This morning I couldn't login with any character. Kept saying network error and blaming my functioning internet connection. Later I got logged in and got as far as the stealth bit when it chucked me back to the main map for no reason and when I tried to enter the instance again it put me on the open version of the new map. I've given up for now.

That's weird, I though get most of the connection issues were worked out by Thursday. I stopped having any connection issues by then.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
After my fiance tried WoW during the free weekend and didn't hate it, I had a huge urge to return to GW1 and 2 and make her an account as well. The only problem is that I have no idea what my password is, and it's been 8 days since I put in a ticket with no response. Huge bummer because we both had a week off work with not much to do, so it would have been great to be able to play.

edit: Sweet they just emailed me and I got access to my account. Excited to start this up again. I figured I'd play as a Warrior and she could be a Ranger. Trying to make things as simple as possible, since this is her first real MMO experience outside of a couple hours last week in WoW.

Last edited:

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I'm finally getting my FoW armor complete. 3/4 pieces bought. Only need to save up ectos and shards for my last piece, the chest piece. I'll finally have that armor middle school me wanted. Shouldn't be more than a few weeks.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I would take a guild invite if anyone is still handing them out. My name is balbanes.9384

I do have to say I miss the quest oriented aspect of the original Guild Wars. The world is beautiful in GW2, but it's hard to care about anything involving the heart quests. The random events are quite a bit better than the hearts, but even still I miss having an objective and going out on a mission to complete it. The lore and story seems like it takes quite a hit because of the absence of quests.

Oct 26, 2017
I would take a guild invite if anyone is still handing them out. My name is balbanes.9384

I do have to say I miss the quest oriented aspect of the original Guild Wars. The world is beautiful in GW2, but it's hard to care about anything involving the heart quests. The random events are quite a bit better than the hearts, but even still I miss having an objective and going out on a mission to complete it. The lore and story seems like it takes quite a hit because of the absence of quests.

World events are pretty much the quests since most hearts are you just helping people take care of a vermin/bandit/gather stuff problem.

The world events especially the ones that link together sometimes have mini stories.

The major meat of the story is in the main story quest though. Especially once you get out of the base game and into the expansions. It gets really good imo.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
No, Ike is Ike here.

The subreddit is a cesspool right now because of this. All the GGers coming out of the woodwork.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
No, Ike is Ike here.
The subreddit is a cesspool right now because of this. All the GGers coming out of the woodwork.

Yeah, it's ugly. (Then again, reddit is pretty damn ugly anyway.)

You would think people would know by now that when you work for a company you can't say whatever you want on the internet about your work without consequences.
I mean, Anet really had no other option but to let them go at that point. Then again I have to wonder how much shit a person had to deal with to have such a knee-jerk reaction to any criticism at all. What a mess.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i'm getting back into the game after the latest LS episode. looking into trying to get the big bag from sandswept isles. do people still do the group events for that stuff organically? or is that zone pretty dead?

i started doing griffon and was lucky enough to land in a bounty group doing legendary facet, so pretty pleased there.