• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
So they apparently just removed the free outfit from the Kung Fu Tea promo a few days back or something? Been checking the app on and off, and only the thing with the heroic edition is appearing. What a load I guess. >_<

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just bought HoT and want to get back into the game. Do I have to min-max while spening trainings points or do I unlock everything eventually? I have 243 unspent points which seems a lot.
I also would like a good Mesmer guide since I haven't played in years and I am pretty lost. Any recommendations? Thanks

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just bought HoT and want to get back into the game. Do I have to min-max while spening trainings points or do I unlock everything eventually? I have 243 unspent points which seems a lot.
I also would like a good Mesmer guide since I haven't played in years and I am pretty lost. Any recommendations? Thanks
You will eventually unlock everything.

You could scroll down and check the Mesmer builds on Metabattle. They usually have pretty good guides that go along with them explaining why you should take certain traits and skills in different scenarios.

Oct 26, 2017
I wish more MMOs took some pages from HoT in terms of making interesting enemies in the overworld instead of enemies that just run up to you and auto attack while occassionally throwing out a basic AOE every now and then.

Fighting combinations of HoT mobs while playing as a Berserker thief was probably some of the best fun I've had in an MMO's open world.

Died many times until I figured out how to counter every enemy and then the challenge was choosing who to eliminate first while still avoiding everything.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
http://ezbuilds.x10host.com/builds/mesmer.html

this is a good site for example builds and walkthroughs for various professions

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
z6w9y9tp90n11.png

And definitely a better episode than the last one.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
I always think, clock tower jp will be so easy when it comes back but still takes me 20-30 tries to finish it.

Got a teal undulating refractor but it was only worth 8g, so used it on one of my characters.

Still haven't gone into labyrinth or tried the new race.

It is clear that living world episodes get a lot more of my attention then festivals.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I chose the perfect time to start playing GW2 again, rolled a Mesmer for the first time like 2 days before Halloween event started and have been abusing the Labyrinth for really fast leveling with a pile of XP boosters. Just dinged level 80 yesterday and I'm excited to start unlocking Chronomancer and Mirage.

Also first time playing as an Asura, never thought I would like them but their animations have so much personality, it's becoming my favorite race now.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
finally got caught up with LS4. Thoroughly enjoyed it/PoF more than HoT, but this coming from someone who played Nightfall ages ago.

Now to get my griffon mount, phew.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Please make sure to pay attention during the Griffon quest if you're a NF fan.

Now wait just one minute, I have to do ALL of these achievements, or do I just buy the items? The wording is confusing.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Griffon_(mount)

I forgot how much I paid for mine. I have a receipt for $15 from Arenanet, but that doesn't sound right.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this mural in Vehtendi Acadaemy. Is this supposed to be Joko and the Tyrian races? lol.

UHNsqdn.jpg

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
My desire to play GW2 isn't there, i haven't done anything for the Halloween event, nothing...i log and get my daily reward and log out..

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, only new thinks are that roller bottle race and some collection about Joko and Thorns history (books).

Tot bags are easy money right now but needs quite a bit of time to farm.

I reallly hope they release another ep before the wintersday.

Rolling from 1 festival to another very similar festival is kinda blah.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So I used a boost to 80 for the first time today and I realized that that doesn't mean you auto complete the personal/main story (duh). Do I really have to do that again, or can I just skip that? I have multiple characters at 80 so I REALLY don't want to go through that again. Are there any drawbacks if I don't complete the personal story on a character?

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
So I used a boost to 80 for the first time today and I realized that that doesn't mean you auto complete the personal/main story (duh). Do I really have to do that again, or can I just skip that? I have multiple characters at 80 so I REALLY don't want to go through that again. Are there any drawbacks if I don't complete the personal story on a character?

I only finished the personal story on one character and have not noticed any drawbacks on my other characters besides the content guide always directing you to the next story mission.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I feel like playing through the story might be a good chance to get accustomed to the new character though, more so if you boosted and you don't have experience with the various abilities.

Oct 25, 2017
I left the guild from the old place, plus players playing have gone down drastically this was even before the move, a lot of players took off to other MMO's even before PoF release...HoT burnt a lot of players..$50 for little content, Anet fucked up...
Path of Fire has been a huge improvement over HoT in terms of player engagement and content release schedule.

I wish more people played SPvP. Conquest is a lot of fun and I mostly really like the current meta. I hope they add a queue for 2v2's instead of it only being available for custom Arenas.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The revamped Golemancer runes are amazing (you can buy Superior Golemancer runes from the CoE vendor, 120 Knowledge Crystals each).

With 6 runes, you summon a Golem buddy every 60 seconds. And the thing lasts for 60 seconds. So as soon as your GolemBro expires, a new one pops out. It's a wonderful tank and does okay damage. It's amazing.