• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
I am quite enjoying these races.
I actually almost learning how to drift properly.
Wish the event for daily achievement would happen more frequently.

Oct 25, 2017
meh not for me, kinda looks like Chaos Weapons, plus i have Kudzu...
They're both good, both worth getting, and both about the same in overall quality. Kudzu looks really well with Sylvari specific characters though, like 10/10 good with matching theme. This one will look better with my maximum angel themed warrior though.

Draw animation is the best thing about Pharus quite frankly.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Do you guys think it there's any way I could play the game streaming it on the Vita? Or would the shortage of buttons be too much?

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the game like these days? My wife wants to come back, so I got us both Path of Fire for Christmas ($15 apiece, not bad at all). We went from GW2 back to FFXIV, FFXI, and then WoW until this last disaster of an expac. I see there's a lot of changes. I played mesmer and she was warrior at initial release but I'm trying to do something different, do fresh 1-80s and then check out endgame. Classes seem to be balanced quite a bit differently than I remember.

Dec 11, 2017
What's the game like these days? My wife wants to come back, so I got us both Path of Fire for Christmas ($15 apiece, not bad at all). We went from GW2 back to FFXIV, FFXI, and then WoW until this last disaster of an expac. I see there's a lot of changes. I played mesmer and she was warrior at initial release but I'm trying to do something different, do fresh 1-80s and then check out endgame. Classes seem to be balanced quite a bit differently than I remember.
New content patch is coming on the 8th. Best season of the living world yet imo, cannot wait for this new episode. Game is better than ever.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
just got to 80 legit.........I haven't played since launch. The reason I say legit it because I only did event farming. At launch there was an event farming guide to get to 80 super fast using only 3 event chains. I went from level 20 to level 80 in 2.5 days at launch. Got burned and literally quit upon reaching 80. Decided to give it another go this time.........but I added something to the mix, I started live streaming my playing.

I got these 4-5 players that have watched me and now the end of tonights streaming did the final 3 dungeons before arah story with me. It's truly been an amazing experience to be a part of and unreal. One viewer sent me a whole slew of level 80 gear, another viewer 4 18 slot bags as well. We are all chatting away, having a great time. Tomorrow I get to do the level 79 story and Arah to finish this into the living world 1 recap and enter HoT. These guys stuck with me for an 8 hour stream (how the hell do you watch someone play that long.....I mean they were a part of it by the end. 278 mastery folk too.)

If anyone on here wants a copy, when I enter HoT I'm going to give a few HoT keys away for viewers hopefully encouraging more new players to join the game and make it into HoT.

I'm excited I haven't done the level 80 story stuff and didn't even do any living season 1 stuff.

So everything from here on out is brand new to me, and its been fucking awesome. I cannot wait to keep going. The dungeons have been fun and beautiful, the music is great and some nostalgic as they re-use some GW1 music which I played 5k hours of in the day.

PM for my twitch.....I don't want to publicly post it as it might be considered advertisement.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man that's awesome, glad your enjoying the game.

Just an FYI if you wanted to see the whole story, living world season 2 comes before HoT, because saw that you said after season 1 recap you are starting HoT right away.

I don't really have time to watch twitch that much but if getting followers on twitch means anything PM me you twitch so I can follow.

Also we have a mostly dead ResetERA guild if you want an invite let me know.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
Man I know I'm partially to blame since I haven't been on lately (will be for the patch next week) but still sad to hear. :(

I do miss those old days.
Yeah, well the different opinions on Raids really fractured the leadership.

I have no time to lead a guild but still represent so I sent out invites Incase at some point the guild is resurrected by a big influx of new players.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I've jumped back in because I want the legendary bow and needed to grind out what I'll need for it. So I've been more active lately again. I'm always willing to pal around with new players.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
That final instance man. That was absolutely bonkers.

And despite all of that, the plan fails, making things even more hopeless. I am excited to see what happens next.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I had a random black lion chest key drop from a random mob while doing teq the other night. (I've been golding up for the new legendary bow.) I popped a chest and got that sweet new Dragon Glider. I am elated.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Finish the episode 5 last night, i have been trying to get the story done within a day, people in this game can be assholes just spouting spoilers in map chat, i keep chat off until i am done with story, once i turned it on, people were talking about the story and spoiling it for others.

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny that both FFXIV's big patch and Guild Wars 2's come out on the same day.

I'm done going through the new stuff in FFXIV so now I'm updating Guild Wars 2 so I can go through the new stuff there.

The positive comments on this page are giving me high hopes.

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made the new legendary longbow. Death to flower bow.

capture_resultgfkpw.jpg

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
So, I don't usually play WvW but I had been to get the Gift of Battle to make the "advanced chaos bow" up there. I finished the track but decided to finish out the legacy armor box track too. So last night I jump in with my extremely unoptimized soulbeast. After following a random commander they invite me to their squad, which was nothing but soulbeasts. HATE tried to take our garrison 7 times and we beat them back all seven times. Apparently, they were streaming it. Their commander had them all broken into groups and barking orders like a madman and our barely organized squad of tiny guild groups and pugs held these guys off for two hours. The only directions our commander gave were 'remember, pew pew and don't stand in front of them.' It was probably the most fun I ever had in WvW.

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
d912pxy - DirectX12 for Guild Wars 2

This works ridiculously well already on my computer, especially for something so early in development. I shouldn't get carried away overselling it after only using it for a couple of hours, since there are still likely huge bugs to work out, but I have settings on High that I normally drop to Low, and I'm getting a very stable 60 FPS in places it wouldn't even hold 40 before.

I'm playing the newest map at 4K resolution with All Reflections, Ultra Shadows, High Shaders, and SMAA High, and it's giving me massively improved performance over running it with lower settings and without the add-on.

This is seriously the smoothest the game has ever felt for me. Before, even when trying to stay locked at 60 with low settings, I would have issues with the frame pacing being bad, and stuff like spinning the camera could cause the FPS to drop greatly, and none of that is an issue anymore. Even when the framerate does drop now, the frame times are still way smoother.

Last edited:

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Is it worth going back to GW1 for the story? I haven't started Season 3 or the PoF story yet but it seems knowledge of the GW1 story will really enhance the experience in GW2?

Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Dec 11, 2017
Is it worth going back to GW1 for the story? I haven't started Season 3 or the PoF story yet but it seems knowledge of the GW1 story will really enhance the experience in GW2?

I have played a little bit of Guild Wars 1. It was really cool to see various locations updated from the first game to GW2. GW1 takes a ton of time and is not very friendly towards solo play, so keep that in mind.

In other news, today's update has been delayed due to whether. I hope mirage's get nerfed into the ground, because holy shit I am so sick of those invulnerable, target dropping, visual cluttering assholes.

Dec 11, 2017
Bleh. No balance changes at all. Looks like its time to learn Mirage or Soulbeast. If you cannot beat them (without extreme effort), join them.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017

I'm re-playing through Prophecies (the original game) and it's a bit of a slog. If you start with Nightfall, that would be the most relevant expansion to the current story. The big difference is that all the PvE areas except cities are instanced, kind of like your personal story.

Factions takes place in Cantha, which is a region conspiciously absent from GW2. Who knows when or if we will return there. The story doesn't seem to be heading in that direction.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I am done with Legendary weapons for now, after 6 plus years now have a legendary weapon for each of the 19 weapons...

Might make a few gen 2 depending on looks, always wanted Nevermore.....

Last edited:

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Oh shit, that's really bad.
Although with 400 people in staff I do have to wonder exactly what a large number of those folks are and what those other teams were up to.

Not good.

Dec 11, 2017
Hopefully everyone lands on their feet. This is so surprising given their post on twitter after the Activision-Blizzard layoffs saying they were hiring.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Oh shit, that's really bad.
Although with 400 people in staff I do have to wonder exactly what a large number of those folks are and what those other teams were up to.

Not good.
The staff increased because they were making expansions, after season 4 won't be getting a new expansion might be laying off people who they brought in for HoT and PoF..

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what this means for Living Story 5. Do we know if we have another episode before LS5 starts?

Either way, I don't see the 3rd expansion happening for another year.