• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
It is happening to big companies with multiple games, so I guess it was bound to happen to ANET, I just never thought it would.

Cronnie

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Good lord, over 100 makes it like a quarter of the studio doesn't it?

I'll always remember Gaile, remember meeting her in-game at random back in GW1 as a relatively new player and actually had a decent conversation. Had no idea at the time who she was, just needed some help.

Hopefully they all land on their feet, never good to see layoffs like this.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Might log in on my Mesmer this week and farm the shit out of Malchor's Pass' Elder Wood.

ARAH

Duuke

Oct 30, 2017
So I'm just jumping back in after years of being away. I'm a lvl 80 Guardian and I feel like I'm so lost and outdated with my build. Is there a recommended guide for a flexible Guardian build in the current meta? I just want something to work towards casually in PvE either solo or with friends. Any help would be great!

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm just jumping back in after years of being away. I'm a lvl 80 Guardian and I feel like I'm so lost and outdated with my build. Is there a recommended guide for a flexible Guardian build in the current meta? I just want something to work towards casually in PvE either solo or with friends. Any help would be great!
These are the go-to sites you'll generally see recommended.

General Build Guides (PvE/PvP/WvW): https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
Raid Meta Guides: https://snowcrows.com/
Fractal Meta Guides: https://discretize.eu/

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't care too much for the hummingbird, but the armadillo came back on sale 25% off, and I love it.

17ARc3Y.jpg

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Based on history of previous gen 2 Legendary the pre probably require 11k mithril and 11k elder log lol going to take me forever to craft the new Greatsword.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
I started doing the HoT meta events for the weapon/armor collections. Damn if I started doing them a year ago, I would have been already finished with them.

I don't really know what to do next. Wanted to craft myself a first legendary or get on with the legendary armor but I don't have the gold or the will to do all that XD.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hello guys! I just came back to Guild wars 2 after a big break. Last time I played was when the first expansion got released HoT. I'm not sure if I finished it or not. Is there any recommended guide for new players, where to proceed, what to do next, do i get the new expansion ASAP etc?
I remember some of the living story was locked cause I didn't login, I'm guessing this is still going to be the case.
Anything else I should know?

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hello guys! I just came back to Guild wars 2 after a big break. Last time I played was when the first expansion got released HoT. I'm not sure if I finished it or not. Is there any recommended guide for new players, where to proceed, what to do next, do i get the new expansion ASAP etc?
I remember some of the living story was locked cause I didn't login, I'm guessing this is still going to be the case.
Anything else I should know?
If you plan on coming back and playing for a while, Path of Fire is 50% off right now on the official website, and the mounts are complete game changers. I'd recommend grabbing the expansion just for those, though following where its story takes you would be a pretty good way to get back into things too.

I also feel like the Heart of Thorns maps are a lot more accessible and fun to explore once you have the mounts unlocked if you decide to wander back in that direction.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bit to catch up on, was in the middle of episode 3 I think.

Want the new mount in Ep 6 :D

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Yeah, Anet freaking rocks when it comes to environments.

Just got through the story

Outside of how rushed the opening instance was, that was a enjoyable end to this season. Feels like they are going to take a break from the elder dragons, since well, two of them are back to sleep, god knows what is up with Bubbles, and seems like many characters are moving on for now. Kralkatorrik gave a hint by saying, "Mother" I guess through. Also it feels so odd that Kasmeer and Marjory are MIA through all of this, unless something happened to them.

But in any case, that final scene of Aurene leaving was pretty awesome. Farewell Aurene, and Glint's Legacy is complete.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That was a pretty great finale and I love the new zone.

Some have called it dumb that Aurene came back but that shit was so obvious the moment she ate Joko that it would come into play. I feel like some just wanted their expectations subverted over the story using that itself established.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
Thoughts and opinions on the latest update:
The new zone is amazing and beautiful and addresses the complaints that many people had about lack of meta-zones. It really feels like a final test, as it brings in the mastery traversals from all the previous zones and most of the mechanics of the zone battles require the player base to use all their knowledge to complete. I was in probably one the first map instances and everyone was able to complete the meta with no problem, so it's not as complex as Dragons stand or Auric basin, but it did feel satisfying.

Yes, many people called that Aurene would survive and Joko's magic would save her. I didn't need any crazy twist, it was obvious she was going to come back to life. To fulfill the prophecy she had to die, nothing about it said she had to stay dead. I'm happy we got to hear her voice and ride with her to finish Kralk. I do wish we had one more chapter at the beginning of the story giving everyone a little more time to ponder what to do without her, but we did have months of real time to fret over that.

I think everyone took a screenshot of the goodbye with Aurene.

I'm disappointed that there were several noticeable absences in this final instance. Kas and Jory were a given, we knew where they were after the last episode and what they were up to, helping in Elona and dealing with refugees. The real problem was Canach having absolutely no lines at all. The only thing that could have possibly happened there is a recording scheduling conflict, but even then they could have at least allowed you to talk to him at some point in text form.

It's obvious that going forward several characters will no longer by joining us on our adventurers. Rox being the obvious one. I think Braham is with us for the long haul, wherever the story takes us next. The dragons have been dealt with for now, with Aurene basically taking the role of a new god and elder dragon. It would be nice to see the next living world chapter tackle a smaller story, maybe something more political. I'd love to venture into the Charr homelands.

Finally, I don't think the skyscale will be replacing my griffin for general movement. It's way to slow and I can't figure out how to land.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts and opinions on the latest update:
The new zone is amazing and beautiful and addresses the complaints that many people had about lack of meta-zones. It really feels like a final test, as it brings in the mastery traversals from all the previous zones and most of the mechanics of the zone battles require the player base to use all their knowledge to complete. I was in probably one the first map instances and everyone was able to complete the meta with no problem, so it's not as complex as Dragons stand or Auric basin, but it did feel satisfying.

Yes, many people called that Aurene would survive and Joko's magic would save her. I didn't need any crazy twist, it was obvious she was going to come back to life. To fulfill the prophecy she had to die, nothing about it said she had to stay dead. I'm happy we got to hear her voice and ride with her to finish Kralk. I do wish we had one more chapter at the beginning of the story giving everyone a little more time to ponder what to do without her, but we did have months of real time to fret over that.

I think everyone took a screenshot of the goodbye with Aurene.

I'm disappointed that there were several noticeable absences in this final instance. Kas and Jory were a given, we knew where they were after the last episode and what they were up to, helping in Elona and dealing with refugees. The real problem was Canach having absolutely no lines at all. The only thing that could have possibly happened there is a recording scheduling conflict, but even then they could have at least allowed you to talk to him at some point in text form.

It's obvious that going forward several characters will no longer by joining us on our adventurers. Rox being the obvious one. I think Braham is with us for the long haul, wherever the story takes us next. The dragons have been dealt with for now, with Aurene basically taking the role of a new god and elder dragon. It would be nice to see the next living world chapter tackle a smaller story, maybe something more political. I'd love to venture into the Charr homelands.

Finally, I don't think the skyscale will be replacing my griffin for general movement. It's way to slow and I can't figure out how to land.

I have to wonder if lack of appearence and dialogue has to do with the voice actors. Like if they're too busy with other projects they can't get them in on time then that character simply doesn't show up. With Canach since he was already around they couldn't make him not appear like with Kas and Jory. But regardless, yeah, it is a bit weird. Actually looking at the wiki has literally neither character shown up at all since the end of Path of Fire? Hell Jory only showed up for one part of PoF. I wonder what's up with that.

There also could be a worry of too many characters.

I still want to know what the hell is happening to Zojja.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I have to wonder if lack of appearence and dialogue has to do with the voice actors. Like if they're too busy with other projects they can't get them in on time then that character simply doesn't show up. With Canach since he was already around they couldn't make him not appear like with Kas and Jory. But regardless, yeah, it is a bit weird. Actually looking at the wiki has literally neither character shown up at all since the end of Path of Fire? Hell Jory only showed up for one part of PoF. I wonder what's up with that.

There also could be a worry of too many characters.

I still want to know what the hell is happening to Zojja.

Yeah, Zojja has MIA since Heart of Thorns, which sucks. It's too bad that she wasn't here, since it's Kralkatorrik, and I feel like all of the remaining DE members should have been there to see his defeat. That bit with Logan and Rytlock in the epilogue was pretty sweet.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
So as someone who finished the vanilla personal story and found the lore and quest quality in-game to be lackluster, have the two expansions and living stories improved this aspect? Thinking of getting back into the game.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA

Kas and Jory had voiced dialog in the last LW update, or at least Jory, even though they weren't there in person. If you hung around by Taimi and the comms you could catch several exchanges with Jory and Taimi. They were
In Elona helping with refugees after Kralk moved from the mountain to the mists.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So I just found out today that the Skyscale isn't unlocked after the medicine stuff and egg collection. I had no idea you have to spend potentially weeks raising one... the hell Anet...

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Anet loves timegated shit, don't know when i am going to start the new mount..after getting the test run from the story mode i didn't like the mount, nothing will replace my pigeon...

Deleted member 4434

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind timegated stuff, and I applaud them getting the older LS maps populated again, but gathering a stack of every single LS4 currency is boring as hell.
Couldn't they come up with something more fun? This is turning my brain into soup and I can't stand it anymore.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I started playing this again after doing most of the heart of thorns stuff...turns out that was 3 years ago...holy fuck

Either way, theres so much to do now, and I forgot I was like 90% of the way to having my Dawn Legendary Sword finished. Any other recommended activities, aside from doing the living story and path of fire story missions?

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I started playing this again after doing most of the heart of thorns stuff...turns out that was 3 years ago...holy fuck
Either way, theres so much to do now, and I forgot I was like 90% of the way to having my Dawn Legendary Sword finished. Any other recommended activities, aside from doing the living story and path of fire story missions?

I think you'll have your hands full once you get to the flying mount collections. Most of the LV season 3 and 4 maps have some nice swag associated with them. There's a side story after the end of heart of thorns that was added as an epilog that's rather easy and gets you an ascended weapon.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I think you'll have your hands full once you get to the flying mount collections. Most of the LV season 3 and 4 maps have some nice swag associated with them. There's a side story after the end of heart of thorns that was added as an epilog that's rather easy and gets you an ascended weapon.
oh, I didn't know about that. Already have ascended weapons, but an easy extra one won't be a bad thing.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
I am really thinking about starting to work for a legendary armor, but I don't know which one to do. I don't raid (don't have a group and characters for that), don't like wvw and never even tried pvp xD.

Really need to think about that.

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made Vision. Its visual effect combined with Aurora is a little nicer than using either one of them individually, but I'm still not a huge fan.

Last edited:

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
So after being away from the game due to a lot of reason (hurricane maria pass through here the same week the PoF expansion dropped!), I'm back in this and I'm interested in making my first legendary. Which legendary do you guys recommend for ab Asuran Holosmith?

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So after being away from the game due to a lot of reason (hurricane maria pass through here the same week the PoF expansion dropped!), I'm back in this and I'm interested in making my first legendary. Which legendary do you guys recommend for ab Asuran Holosmith?
HOPE

The Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment, "a culmination of Hylek alchemy, Asuran design and traditional crafting techniques." It's very cool.

Since Holosmith uses Pistol for both Power and Condition Damage builds, being able to freely swap stats and sigils will be very useful too.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
HOPE

The Hylek Optimized Projectile Experiment, "a culmination of Hylek alchemy, Asuran design and traditional crafting techniques." It's very cool.

Since Holosmith uses Pistol for both Power and Condition Damage builds, being able to freely swap stats and sigils will be very useful too.
Noticed I need the Gift of the Mists, means playing PvP. I have never tried pvp in this game.

just hoping it isn't too much of a paying to get :/

Last edited:

Deleted member 9183

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Noticed I need the Gift of the Mists, means playing PvP. I have never tried pvp in this game.

just hoping it isn't too much of a paying to get :/
The Gift of the Mists requires a Gift of Battle from the WvW reward track, but the Gift of Glory and Gift of War can be gotten from buying the items on the Trading Post.

No matter what legendary weapon you make, you'll need a Gift of Battle. There's no way out of that one.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
WvW is kinda like Cydoriil in ESO right? I can tolerate that.

WvW is super easy. Just jump into the maps and look for someone tagged up. Grab supply, use supply where they tell you, kill other people. Do the WvW dailies and boosters to level the reward track as quickly as possible. Just remember to make sure the gift of battle reward track is selected.