• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Damn, I'm really enjoying the HoT maps. The music, the added challenge, even the way the story is presented is better too.

Having a lot of fun with my holosmith, I read they rework Gyros. So is scrapper finally viable for PVE? If I could have a more tanky Scrapper build compared to my glass canon Holosmith, that'd be a nice option to have.

WvW is super easy. Just jump into the maps and look for someone tagged up. Grab supply, use supply where they tell you, kill other people. Do the WvW dailies and boosters to level the reward track as quickly as possible. Just remember to make sure the gift of battle reward track is selected.
Nice, PvP intimidates me but if WvW is casual fun. Then I might dip my toes in it.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
I am weak-willed.
D8zWhZtXsAI-bke.jpg

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I finally started PoF after wrapping up the LW season 3 stuff I missed (holy shit what were they thinking with that Caudecus fight)

Man the mounts look and feel fantastic. I was really impressed with the implementation and can't wait to get more of em. Feels refreshing to get back into this world too, wish I hadn't stayed away for so long.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Almost a week since I got skyscale, the mount is a disappointment...
- if the vertical jump of the bunny is 100feet, the max vertical flight of the skyscale is 110, should be 150.
- the automatic attach to any wall is annoying, it needs to be a skill not auto.
-descending with the mount needs to be tweaked.
-dodging consumes green bar if you still on a vertical climb that has to change.
- the blast skill needs targeting circle.
probably forgetting a few things but IMO this mount is still in Beta, nice ideas poorly executed..

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Got screwed by the Bitterforst Frontier Elixir daily reset, didnt know about it. Now I have to do the whole story again... thats a big nope. Watched the story parts on Youtube and thats that.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
So yesterday I got a drop on a boss in Vabi, was a music box. Opened it up thinking nothing of it, assuming it was for a collection.

Turns out it wasn't and it goes for 1000G on the TP with there being only 6 available on there. Missed out on selling it 😭

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
So yesterday I got a drop on a boss in Vabi, was a music box. Opened it up thinking nothing of it, assuming it was for a collection.

Turns out it wasn't and it goes for 1000G on the TP with there being only 6 available on there. Missed out on selling it 😭
hahahahahahahahaha
when ever i get any item i don't know i always check to see if i can sell it...

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I made the legendary ring Coalescence. If I combine it with Aurora and Vision it gives a nice silver aura, but I really want an option to disable the absurd orbs revolving over my head.

Last edited:

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I fucking hate Anet for putting a Legendary Ring in Raids, i don't raid, yes i have tried to raid even join guilds and people teaching don't have patience of course noobs gonna die their first time in yet they get upset in a teaching raid, so i gave up and haven't attempted to learn in a year...my friend who's a raid veteran has Legendary armor, tried to raid when Dhuum came out and was met with a lot of Elitism, of course he doesn't know the raid it's BRAND FUCKING NEW, even he quit raiding...

Last edited:

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My opinions on raids have soured quite a lot since I first started doing them, to be honest. I had completely stopped doing them at all until the legendary ring came out and I decided I wanted it. It's extremely hard to find groups these days, except maybe at very specific times, and there's not nearly as many training groups as some people want to pretend. My friend list is comprised almost entirely of people who no longer play the game anymore too, so it's not an easy task finding the right combination of people at just the right time just by getting lucky on the LFG.

That doesn't even start to touch on how bad it is once you do find ten people and make it into the raid. Bad attitudes, bad players, bad builds. People constantly going off and taking unplanned ten minute or longer breaks on other people's time. Not being ready and having to swap characters and gear and builds around for thirty minutes. People lying about what things they do or don't know how to do. It's a disorganized mess 75% of the time, and it's not necessarily a lot better even with a static group of friends or people you know. So much time and effort has to be invested by so many people, for something that in the end is rarely ever worth it.

Raids can feel really good and give a strong sense of accomplishment, but those moments have become few and far between for me. Killing Qadim the Peerless yesterday with a bunch of people for the first time was pretty great, and we were all really excited and proud of each other, but it's probably the last serious raiding I do for a while. Or at least until the next shiny carrot gets waved out in front of me.

Last edited:

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I've recently got back in and talked a friend into playing with me. It has been pretty tough for us going through HOT. I need to relearn my Mesmer and I guess figure out new builds. I have so much inventory it is overwhelming.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I've recently got back in and talked a friend into playing with me. It has been pretty tough for us going through HOT. I need to relearn my Mesmer and I guess figure out new builds. I have so much inventory it is overwhelming.
HoT is meant to be hard, it's level 80 zone, every thing is out to murder you, them pocket raptors may look cute but they will eat you alive..

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
Yes, those Raptors are no joke!
I was wondering if my level 80 equipment was crap or if it didn't matter to much.
Also, anyone willing to run some noobs through the first raid? >.>

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So guys I just saw this on Reddit:

They're doing a live event at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, Washington, on Friday, August 30 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7).

For the introduction of Living Story Season 5... They haven't done anything like this since Heart of Thorns... Could this be a sign of a much bigger confidence in LS Season 5 then previous seasons?

I really need this to be the upswing.

I love Guild Wars 2. It feels like home when I play it but It's hard to be positive these days.

Dec 11, 2017
So guys I just saw this on Reddit:

They're doing a live event at the Moore Theatre in Seattle, Washington, on Friday, August 30 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7).

For the introduction of Living Story Season 5... They haven't done anything like this since Heart of Thorns... Could this be a sign of a much bigger confidence in LS Season 5 then previous seasons?

I really need this to be the upswing.

I love Guild Wars 2. It feels like home when I play it but It's hard to be positive these days.

Agreed. This is exciting, but they really need something to dispel all of the negativity these days, negativity which has largely resulted, I would argue, from their utter lack of communication.

Dec 11, 2017
I hope so! They've been laying the breadcrumbs for Jormag for a while.
If it is Jormag and the north as it appears, I am hoping that we visit the Eye of the North again. I thought Sun's refuge was pretty cool. I think they were using it to see community reaction and how it would work. I hope they do Eye of the North, but rather than being abandoned after one episode. We spend the season using it as the hub with constant upgrades and stuff. Hell maybe they will even add monuments and tapestries and stuff like in the original. That would be awesome.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember, one of Jormag's champions was encased in Ice in a lake in EoTN.

Did we ever fight that in GW2?

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
My opinions on raids have soured quite a lot since I first started doing them, to be honest. I had completely stopped doing them at all until the legendary ring came out and I decided I wanted it. It's extremely hard to find groups these days, except maybe at very specific times, and there's not nearly as many training groups as some people want to pretend. My friend list is comprised almost entirely of people who no longer play the game anymore too, so it's not an easy task finding the right combination of people at just the right time just by getting lucky on the LFG.

That doesn't even start to touch on how bad it is once you do find ten people and make it into the raid. Bad attitudes, bad players, bad builds. People constantly going off and taking unplanned ten minute or longer breaks on other people's time. Not being ready and having to swap characters and gear and builds around for thirty minutes. People lying about what things they do or don't know how to do. It's a disorganized mess 75% of the time, and it's not necessarily a lot better even with a static group of friends or people you know. So much time and effort has to be invested by so many people, for something that in the end is rarely ever worth it.
This post is great and weird at same time, 'cause the whole core of 2012 pre-launch GW2 was so anti-raid and anti-scheduling.

Now in 2019 we're still back into it.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
I hope they change the current state of the game, there's no reason for me to play PoF maps i mostly ignore them unless for the daily, and i don't mean metas on every map, something different, change the current lack luster state of the game...

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
So are early dungeons soloable now? I was gonna watch the Ascalon Catacombs cutscenes on Youtube but I prefer to actually play the game

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Sheeesh they made getting the Legendary rune recipe a RNG drop, you gotta convert Lucent Motes into Pile of Lucent Crystal, and trade 30 crystals at the crafting stations NPC, you will get a Satchel of Loot box and pray you get it, i burnt over 1000 crystal and got nothing..

Last edited:

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the data mining it seems that we will also get a recipe for the motes. So you either to that now or wait for the recipe.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Rytlock pick me up I'm scared

New NPC walking around near Twinspur Haven Waypoint in Wayfarer Foothills.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect anything more than just the setting and summary of next living world story.
Reddit and twitch chat are expecting this to have expansion feature announcements.

Jun 14, 2019
im guessing its going to be, no more expansions per say as we know and living seasons will act like destiny yearly season thing they do, so basically a big overhaul on what we know comes normally with living seasons, we also know since the layoffs everyone thats left have been taken of the other projects and back to gw2 so theres alot more working on the game than before.