• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
If you ordered the Guilty Gear 20th Anniversary Pack from Europe or Japan, you would see this happen when inserting the game card:
D6wRtNhU8AAG0im

D6wRtupUcAEuH4j

Instead of having to pick between the two games in-game, they let you choose from the Switch menu.

What benefits does this give?
It allows you to make collections of games that have already released on the eShop and put it into a single game card like the Psikyo Collection which is now up to its third volume:
61-WHfGrjmL._AC_SY400_.jpg

With regards to the Guilty Gear Anniversary Pack, since Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + R are listed separately on the eShop. You can choose to buy only one game instead of spending more to own both if they were released as a pack on the eShop.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is huge, i always thought this was impossible and that's why capcom went with download codes for their mega-man collections. guess there's no excuse anymore.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this was added in a recent OS update. I know the PS4 only added this capability in the last couple years.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow I wonder if that functionality was included on Switch since the beginning or it was through an update.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Would be nice if they gave the option between unified icon and separate ones, but that may be too complex to set up. Or just add those damn folders already, ha ha.

this is huge, i always thought this was impossible and that's why capcom went with download codes for their mega-man collections. guess there's no excuse anymore.

There never was any excuses, ever. What Capcom did with the Mega Man Collection is utter bs.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
I'm curious what update added this. The Xbox One has had this feature for a while (I think all the way back to launch?) While the PS4 took much longer to get it, and in fact, multiple collections (Such as the Dead Island one.) suffered from the infamous "only one game on disc at a time, the rest have to be cordoned off to a DL code" problem way before the Switch became well known for doing it.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what update added this. The Xbox One has had this feature for a while (I think all the way back to launch?) While the PS4 took much longer to get it, and in fact, multiple collections (Such as the Dead Island one.) suffered from the infamous "only one game on disc at a time, the rest have to be cordoned off to a DL code" problem way before the Switch became well known for doing it.

The Xbox 360 supported this from day 1, it would just iterate through the titles it found on any media and show them in your games library. XBLA collections did this, demo discs, Halo Anniversary's multiplayer (which is a stripped down Reach) can be launched into from the dashboard instead of loading up CEA itself first. So no surprise the One had it.

So my guess is the Switch does the same thing, it just treats carts as storage anyway so it looks for titles it sees on that storage and puts them in the menu.

But this also depends on the developer actually making them separate games in the first place

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
I'm still waiting for digital stand-alone release of Torna, maybe on its first anniversary? I want the icon on my screen. Not holding my breath anyway.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
I know the original didn't age well, but I had enough gold coins in my account to purchase it for fifty cents. I think I made out well.

Accent Core R is on my wishlist.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I should have clarified that I was talking about Europe. There is none here. (Just tested it with my account and my brother's; so I hope I'm not being stupid somehow)

Is there really a digital stand-alone in the US?
Yep, I didn't buy it myself but I think they also email you the code to get the other 4 packs if you buy it too