• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He looks alright. Never my favorite character or anything but it's nice that they've gone for more of a creepy angle this time.
The next trailers are on the same date in two different locations? Hmm. Two reveals?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He looks cool at least but these reveals have been killing me; They've all been super obvious characters that were in Rev 2 and now we're not even getting teasers at the end. I forgot about this game super hard since the last trailer and I'll no doubt forget about it again between now and March.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit Faust looks good. Wasn't expecting to see so many changes to him.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand, he looks great, on the other, they're still showing characters that have been there since the very first game and have never missed a single entry ever since (with 2 more to come).
I understand they want to keep the exciting characters for closer to release, but... how many characters will this game have, in the end?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, he looks great, on the other, they're still showing characters that have been there since the very first game and have never missed a single entry ever since (with 2 more to come).
I understand they want to keep the exciting characters for closer to release, but... how many characters will this game have, in the end?

At this point I'm being majorly negative and saying not many. I'm not expecting Granblue VS levels but yeah I don't think we're getting anywhere close to Rev numbers. And I agree, them focusing on the super safe characters we know would make it in is not hype at all.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely amazing but I will miss the goofball Faust, this is full blown back to Baldhead.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
God tier design and animations. Arc System Works is the most powerful studio ever for me. Absolutely untouchable.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, it actually looks like both Faust and Baldhead occupying same body and struggling to keep it together.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Man that vocal track is hard to listen to. Can I get it without the vocals and just go back to instrumental Guilty Gear glory days again?

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Two new trailers huh
wonder if it'll be two related characters like Millia and Zato, maybe a vet and that new guy we haven't seen anything about

boy power

Banned
Jul 29, 2019
I prefer the more goofy Faust honestly, but we'll see whether his '' creepiness '' is actually played for laughs instead.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, as good as this game looks on a regular 1080p screen, this games looks incredible on a 4K tv.

Been out of the loop on this game'd mechanics, is there an easy mode/ one button special mode like Gran Blue Fantasy Versus?

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The song's intro is strong as hell but the the vocals hit and meehhhhhhh.
The gameplay changes kinda make it hard to be excited for Strive, plus I'm already fucking TIRED of the stupid constant camera angle changes.
Faust himself looks amazing at least.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
The afros are back and I am happy.

They still haven't confirmed other platforms yet?
Arcade will be one of them, likely another Sega board (I wonder if they have upgraded the RingEdge again) given ASW working relationship with the company from the Sammy days. It would also explain one of the showcased of the next builds, mixed in that was JAEPO, the Japan Amusement Expo.... why would they be there if they have NO intention of an Arcade build?

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
After hearing Drumhead Pulsation for the 1st time at the intermission before GG last night...just have to say what happened to the Music?? DP is probably one of the best FG songs I've ever heard and this is....not.

OT: Faust looks great.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade will be one of them

Don't be so sure about this. Game is made for newcomers and more casual players. Every single design decision Daisuke is making is for that group of players. No point in an Arcade release if the main audience you want to appeal to with this game aren't core fighting game players and GG vets.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love this new song. Reminds me of a lot of progressive metal bands like Protest the Hero. But it's hard for me to get a feel for the music when the trailers are less then 40 seconds long after you cut out the logos and promotions

Game looks amazing. There are some subtle hints of light per object motion blur in the trailer which is implemented very nicely and is very unnoticeable unless you freeze frame in very specific scenes in the trailer. I don't know how they are getting it in so subtly. But it is helping with blending in some of the frames and it looks great.

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
Don't be so sure about this. Game is made for newcomers and more casual players. Every single design decision Daisuke is making is for that group of players. No point on an Arcade release if the main audience you want to appeal to with this game aren't core fighting game players and GG vets.
If that was the case JAEPO would not be getting a playable demo, there would be not point to it.
It's an arcade trade show.
Also, if that is you thinking on it then you have not been watching the arcades for the last few years. The sad truth is that their has not been much in the way of new product and the arcade market find themselves in a place were they need to attract new players. A new game with new players in mind as the focus helps, more intergation with mobile would also help (which is likely why I think that they will use a Sega board again, not for the hardware but for All.net, the digital distribution service which has quite a few things on the client side with NFC-enabled phone[which for most of asia is pretty wide spread]. Xrd used this before, so has Under Night, those two do better than most when it comes to new games in the arcade).

Last edited:

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Y'all said there wasn't a tease, there's crickets at the end of the trailer.

Zappa is next

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After hearing Drumhead Pulsation for the 1st time at the intermission before GG last night...just have to say what happened to the Music?? DP is probably one of the best FG songs I've ever heard and this is....not.

OT: Faust looks great.
People told Daisuke the isuka ost sucked. He told me he was suprised I liked it as much as I did when I told him it was my fave gg ost since he only ever seen negative feedback about it.

It's sad people think of fucking I WANNA BE THE GUY when it comes to Isuka's ost since it used music from isuka

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
People told Daisuke the isuka ost sucked. He told me he was suprised I liked it as much as I did when I told him it was my fave gg ost since he only ever seen negative feedback about it
I'm wondering if this helps explain why most of Guilty Gear 2's soundtrack was nondescript fantasy dreck and most of the actual Guilty Gear-esque music is only heard under specific circumstances.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if this helps explain why most of Guilty Gear 2's soundtrack was nondescript fantasy dreck and most of the actual Guilty Gear-esque music is only heard under specific circumstances.
No clue but I was happy as fuck when he put the isuka songs in rev the next year as unlocks :D

DuvJones

Oct 30, 2017
He told me he was surprised I liked it as much as I did when I told him it was my fave gg ost since he only ever seen negative feedback about it.
I bet, as a game Isuka pretty weird. Even with in the confines of Guilty Gear, Isuka is just out their, doing a thing. Because of that, it wasn't well received at all.
So I bet you that he was just flooded with discontent with the game itself, which has only one part in the over all production. Which was spot on for Gear.

It's sad people think of fucking I WANNA BE THE GUY when it comes to Isuka's ost

I am guilty of that myself. It never really dawned on me, but to be honest I only played Isuka 5 times in the arcade. Then that rom hack got REALLY popular.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the GG2 OST is actually broken up into two discs- one with all the Daisuke compositions and the other with the "fantasy dreck." To me, only disc 2 exists.

Shame about the perceived hate for Isuka's OST. Definitely think it's bundled together with the overall reception of the game as a whole. Even more's the pity, since some of the "harder to find" tracks, like the Boost mode stuff, is also really good.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks we won't get another trailer until the end of March but I'm hoping for at least a full version release of either Chipp's theme or Potemkin. I honestly hope we get Chipp's full version soon, damn song is stuck in my head right now.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely love his design here, downright creepy but having a mix of those goofy-ass moves still retained. Hope he ends up being a really good character.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be so sure about this. Game is made for newcomers and more casual players. Every single design decision Daisuke is making is for that group of players. No point in an Arcade release if the main audience you want to appeal to with this game aren't core fighting game players and GG vets.
im curious about ALL of them, I don't think they've confirmed anything past PS4 still and even that I wonder about with the arcade release and all.

Arcade version confirmed

Deleted member 1656

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I want my main Kum Haehyun, head of the Kum family back so bad. ):

Hopefully one of the new characters is a ground-based big hitter. If not, maybe I'll play Faust? He's not exactly what I want but I do like his wacky tools, stupid good pokes, and how creepy he's looking now.

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the GG2 OST is actually broken up into two discs- one with all the Daisuke compositions and the other with the "fantasy dreck." To me, only disc 2 exists.

Shame about the perceived hate for Isuka's OST. Definitely think it's bundled together with the overall reception of the game as a whole. Even more's the pity, since some of the "harder to find" tracks, like the Boost mode stuff, is also really good.
Daisuke actually did both discs, as far as I can tell. Now, why he did both, I haven't the foggiest.

freshyk

Jan 15, 2020
Looks good.

But man I can't believe I used to listen to that type of music. It's painful to hear now.