• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Absolute bargain. If you're the least bit interested, you can't say no this price.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd Rev.2

The best just got better The award-winning fighting game of the generation returns with new characters, extra story modes, additional stages and gameplay balances to make it an essential fighter for all gamers.brbrThis product supports the following languages Englishbrbr1-2 playersbrNetwork...

Oct 25, 2017
They know once strive comes out, between the godlike dopamine of strive and the anarchy of +r rollback no one will want to play this anymore

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I don't even care about the genre anymore but I'm going to buy it. That price is not normal lol

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
At this price it's mandatory imo even for those that aren't that much of a fan of fighters

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
It's on sale in the JP store as well, guessing NA too whenever the store updates? Will grab if so, never upgraded from Xrd Sign and Strive has me hyped.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
The first Guilty Gear (the PS1 game) also costs 0.99 cents on PSN EU. I got that one instead. 😋

On the Switch, both GG and XX AC +R are also discounted.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
You'll have to pay me to play a delay based netcode fighter at this point, and not even sure I'll accept.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I was waiting for this but I'm on US PSN...

I was playing revelator for the past weeks after the beta. I forgot how much I really love this game. Hoping for a rev 2 discount.

Melmer

Sep 18, 2020
UK
That's fine as long as Baiken is in :)

Baiken is definitely in and unlocked.

I feel like there's a couple of characters like Raven that you have to purchase with in game currency that you get from doing trials etc. But pretty sure all characters are earnable within the game at no addiotnal cost

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
How beginner friendly is this one?

Out of all the currently released Guilty Gear games, this is the most beginner-friendly. Has a beginner tutorial that runs you through the basics, and then also has a mission mode that will run you through all of the game's mechanics, and even special missions that teach you how to deal with the roster's gimmicks, as well as the usual combo trials that do a good job of giving an outline of how a character works.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Amazing tutorial mode, do that and you'll have a great start
Out of all the currently released Guilty Gear games, this is the most beginner-friendly. Has a beginner tutorial that runs you through the basics, and then also has a mission mode that will run you through all of the game's mechanics, and even special missions that teach you how to deal with the roster's gimmicks, as well as the usual combo trials that do a good job of giving an outline of how a character works.

Thanks a lot, that sounds great!

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Eventually I'll find a 'traditional' fighting game that clicks for me, but I really doubt this would be the one. It's pretty complicated, right?

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Easy buy. This is legitimately smart of them since I've been on the fence about getting Strive so this will be a nice demo to see if I'm into it.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Eventually I'll find a 'traditional' fighting game that clicks for me, but I really doubt this would be the one. It's pretty complicated, right?
It's not really that bad and it has one of if not the best tutorial modes that runs you though it's and other FG basics up to advanced stuff

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Guilty Gear is the absolute best fighting game series so you should give it a try at this price, at least if you're not intimidated by the fast pace. There are several fairly straightforward characters to main that don't require huge amounts of mastery to be fun to play as.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really that bad and it has one of if not the best tutorial modes that runs you though it's and other FG basics up to advanced stuff
Quoting myself here because I do want to highlight something.

After playing the Rev tutorial I seriously felt like I flat out got better at a lot of fighting games. Then I played Under Night In Birth and that helped even more. That combo of training modes is just insane and if you are new to or not good at fighting games, that can seriously turn everything around.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Man, this is how a sale is done. Imagine fg devs realizing there's so much more players and money to be made with their games if they embrace f2p/very cheap entry barrier.

They can make so much more money if they just sell good cosmetics and stuff like that (which you should also be able to unlock by playing for a reasonable amount via ingame currency purchase or just paying real money for those who can't wait and have to have it all asap).

Last edited: