• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Guys i need some help here, i need to know the exact name of this sunburst color, any ideas?

fender-stratocaster-usa-D_NQ_NP_713220-MLC31073157177_062019-F.webp

I think Fender refers to it as a 3-color sunburst.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently a Kemper floor unit got announced!? Can't really find anything about it other than a video saying it is coming on the 24th. Curious what the specs and price are.

Video here.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been talking about getting a new delay but I'm thinking of going ignorant and getting another big muff.

Also, My SG just doesn't speak to me anymore. It's kinda sad because it was my main gigging guitar for 7 years. LP came first, got stolen, recovered 7 years later, and now I love it more.

Last edited:

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Page is up at Guitar Center. Price is $1,700.

EmHJsz1.png

FO8GeVx.jpg

The Kemper Profiler Stage is no mere accessory — it is a complete Profiler. It offers the same features and the legendary sound as the well-known Profiler Head and Rack, and even a bit more.

Kemper Profiler Stage is a multi-effects powerhouse and state-of-the-art guitar amplifier, featuring Kemper's unique Profiling technology for capturing the sonic DNA of any guitar amp. It also comes preloaded with a Profile pool of hundreds of the best guitar amps in the world, created under perfect conditions in professional studios worldwide.

This combination of Profiler and Remote allows to control, administer and program Performances, as well as manage Rig switches and complex parameter morphs, all in an unparalleled intuitive manner.

The illuminated sunlight-proof display, which increases display contrast even with the sunlight's intensity, is designed to be viewed from any distance, under any lighting conditions, and the housing is built like a tank. Just what the doctor ordered for touring musicians on dark stages or sunlit outdoor festivals!

Five buttons allow direct access to five different Rigs per Performance — tap once to select the Rig, and tap again to trigger a morphing. Entire Performances can be switched using a bank system.

Four Effect buttons can be assigned individually per Rig. Use these to toggle pre- and post amp FX, either singly or in groups, as well as Action & Freeze functions such as Delay Infinity. Setting them up is easier than putting a new contact into your cell phone: click Effect button, choose FX, assign, done.

Dedicated buttons control Tuner Mode and Looper, as well as trigger Tap Tempo or other assignable functions.

Up to four expression pedals can be connected to control continuous parameters of the sound. Alternatively, external switches can be connected for even more toggling functions.

The Kemper Profiler Stage features dedicated stereo monitor outputs for driving two either full-range or standard guitar cabinets simultaneously and independently from the direct stereo feed. Two stereo effect loops with stereo returns for each allow for connecting both pedals and outboard studio effects.

Features
  • Full Profiler and Remote functionality in a floorboard format
  • Full Profiler features
  • 2 effects sends with stereo returns each
  • Drives 2 standard guitar or FR cabinets (external power amp needed)

So, it is a fully featured Kemper, not some stripped down version. I am curious what the "bit more" it features is.

Pretty good price, I suppose, since it is a bit cheaper than I normally see used head/control pedal go for. As someone looking at buying a Kemper in the coming months, I still feel pulled to get the head, but I am not sure why and am curious to see videos of this once some youtubers start getting it.

Burbank

Sep 9, 2018
Pangea
Hi guys.

I need a good app that can slow down a song (preferably mp3) without making it sound bad. Any tips on a good one for Android (or windows)?

My old guitar teacher also had some sweet tool that could downtune a song on the fly to eg half step down, anyone know where you can get something like that?

Since I currently have none to play with in my new city, I'm focusing on rhythm an strumming atm rather than learning more songs and riffs and it's really fun.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I use a program on Windows called Riff Master Pro. It is like $50, though. But, I like it. You can make it loop a part, change keys, change temp without changing keys.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waffling on what my next pedal is going to be. I'm thinking of getting the Boss Super Octave because i like the fuzz drive on it. Seems like the kind of pedal I'd get a lot of utility out of compared to another analog delay, which I don't use all that much considering that I only use it to make leads sing a bit more, and honestly if I wanted to I could probably get by using the built-in delay on my reverb pedal with no issues. Plus, I'm a fiend for Boss Pedals. Then again, the Sub n Up and POG both seem interesting to me. And while I'm somewhat interested in the Bit Commander, I'm kinda done buying 'toy' pedals. I just know I wouldn't get much use out of it. Any experience?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Finally got around to fixing my Ibanez Roadstar 2. While I was at it, I took the time to scrub this thing down because when I got it, it was really nasty. I did a mild cleaning when I got it, but now that I have it apart, I did a better job. Hopefully the smell on it is mostly gone now.

Took the front plate off and a wire broke off the input jack
7u9iuoH.jpg

Just put a new wire on it and it fixed the issue.
Rs6CMB7.jpg

The saddles were nasty and the adjustment pieces were stripped and wouldn't even turn. I took some new ones from my dads parts bin, which I don't think he was going to use anyway. They're a different style, but they'll work.
h6n1Fr0.jpg

This is an example of the nastiness of this thing. The whole thing was like this when I got it.
1HeWfMC.jpg

Now it looks good. Still needs a proper set-up.
Dvr1sBt.jpg

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I'm waffling on what my next pedal is going to be. I'm thinking of getting the Boss Super Octave because i like the fuzz drive on it. Seems like the kind of pedal I'd get a lot of utility out of compared to another analog delay, which I don't use all that much considering that I only use it to make leads sing a bit more, and honestly if I wanted to I could probably get by using the built-in delay on my reverb pedal with no issues. Plus, I'm a fiend for Boss Pedals. Then again, the Sub n Up and POG both seem interesting to me. And while I'm somewhat interested in the Bit Commander, I'm kinda done buying 'toy' pedals. I just know I wouldn't get much use out of it. Any experience?
Do you want pitch shifting or do you want octave dirt? Bit Commander and Super Octave aren't really in the same category as Sub n Up and POG.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you want pitch shifting or do you want octave dirt? Bit Commander and Super Octave aren't really in the same category as Sub n Up and POG.

POG and Sub n Up seem more akin to something like a Super Shifter or Harmonist than an Octaver. Having owned a Super Shifter for 10 years, I thought it was a fun pedal, but not entirely useful. Ending up selling it last year thinking I'd never play guitar again and woo boy do I regret that. I always thought the higher octaves sounded a bit too artificial for my tastes.

I understand that the Super Octave is the digital replacement for the OC-2 that tracks better. I like the drive and poly modes, too, from what I've heard.

And of course, the Bit Commander has kind of a raunchy square wave synth sound to it. Cool, but probably a bit too extreme for me. Which is why I'm leaning toward the Boss. And I"m also a Boss fanatic, so....

Have you ever used the OC-3?

Deleted member 58832

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Bit Commander is all square wave all the time. Probly not what you want. There are other popular compact pitch shifters out there (pitch fork, ricochet, ps6) but it sure sounds like the OC3 is the one you want. I haven't used one so I can't compare.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bit Commander is all square wave all the time. Probly not what you want. There are other popular compact pitch shifters out there (pitch fork, ricochet, ps6) but it sure sounds like the OC3 is the one you want. I haven't used one so I can't compare.

Yeah, Pitchfork is well liked. And then you got the Digitech Drop that is apparently so reliable that pros often use it in lieu of bringing detuned guitars. I mean, the possibilities are endless. I'm just overwhelmed!

I'm a chiptunes artist so there is some appeal to incorporating square synth into my sound. Sometimes I think my board is too standard. Maybe I need something ignorant on my board for a change? lol

I got the Oceans 11 reverb, and looking back I should have just got the holy grail because I don't see myself using the wacky reverbs all that often, but I guess you'll be happy to have em when you need em.

Deleted member 58832

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
I would personally take Oceans 11 over the Holy Grail and nearly any other reverb on the market right now TBH. But you got to find the gear that makes you happy.

ch4534532

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
Does anyone know what stores might sell the little adapter that lets you plug a guitar cable into a 3.5mm jack? Just to plug into a PC. I know they sell them for like 2 bucks on Amazon but I need one tomorrow. Maybe Best Buy?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure my local walmart even sells them. I am sure Best Buy will also. They'll probably charge a good premium on it, though. Check both for a straight cable, or a converter. You are guaranteed to find one, surely. If you have a guitar shop around, you could check there also.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Gibson got back to me about my 335, and it doesn't look like they can fix it. They think one of the laminate layers was mislaid, and is causing the crack.

They've offered me a brand new guitar as a replacement, but it isn't the same as mine in quality or finish.

I'm going to have to negotiate with them to get something approximating my original guitar. Anyone gone through something similar?

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Page is up at Guitar Center. Price is $1,700.

EmHJsz1.png

FO8GeVx.jpg

So, it is a fully featured Kemper, not some stripped down version. I am curious what the "bit more" it features is.

Pretty good price, I suppose, since it is a bit cheaper than I normally see used head/control pedal go for. As someone looking at buying a Kemper in the coming months, I still feel pulled to get the head, but I am not sure why and am curious to see videos of this once some youtubers start getting it.
This is very appealing. I'm an extremely happy Helix owner, but it would have been cool to have this as an option about 8 months ago.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is very appealing. I'm an extremely happy Helix owner, but it would have been cool to have this as an option about 8 months ago.

Yeah, it seems pretty cool. I would say I wish this stuff was so advanced a decade ago when I was in high school rocking Boss GT6s and the like. But, I wouldn't have been able to afford it any way.

Guitar Center currently has 4 used heads up right now, which is pretty rare for them. It has been pretty common for them to have none for days, and usually when they pop up they sell quick. They currently have an unpowered head with pedal for $1,8000 which is a damn good price (of course that is before taxes and shipping). So, yeah, I wonder how many people are dumping their heads for the new stage pedal.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
I take it everyone's already seen the destruction of around 300 Firebird X guitars? On the one hand, those guitars could have certainly been donated to some type of program for underprivileged people or schools. On the other hand, I'm imagining Henry Juskiewicz wincing at the embarrassing end to his "revolution". Henry rubbed a lot of his customers up the wrong way, and even though he did a lot of good work bringing the company back after some hard times (although I'm convinced that it was no doubt assisted by slash and Izzy coming along a few years later and using Gibsons), I'm glad he's gone now.

I just wish he had to participate in the destruction. Should have made it one of the conditions for his golden parachute.

I have a rare day to myself today, with my kid at nursery and my wife at work. On my way to buy a boss rc3. Been wanting one of these for ages.

So Gibson got back to me about my 335, and it doesn't look like they can fix it. They think one of the laminate layers was mislaid, and is causing the crack.

They've offered me a brand new guitar as a replacement, but it isn't the same as mine in quality or finish.

I'm going to have to negotiate with them to get something approximating my original guitar. Anyone gone through something similar?

Can't say I have. That sucks. I thought this was exactly the kind of thing their "lifetime limited warranty" covered. Basically, any structural flaw that they're certain was caused by themselves.

What are they offering you that's inferior? The 335 is still a production model, so they can't exactly turn around and sat they don't make them anymore. Really terrible to hear that. What about the dealer you bought it from? Are they willing to try and make things right? Most stores would wash their hands, but some places might try and sort you out.

To be clear, the guitar is still structurally fine, right? Just blemished? Or is it going to be problematic in the long term?

I've got a 355 on my bucket list (mostly because I love the "custom" appointments).

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I take it everyone's already seen the destruction of around 300 Firebird X guitars? On the one hand, those guitars could have certainly been donated to some type of program for underprivileged people or schools.

Yeah, saw that and I thought the exact same thing. There had to be salvageable parts or instruments in that milieu, and I'm sure some donations could have been made.

Can't say I have. That sucks. I thought this was exactly the kind of thing their "lifetime limited warranty" covered. Basically, any structural flaw that they're certain was caused by themselves.

What are they offering you that's inferior? The 335 is still a production model, so they can't exactly turn around and sat they don't make them anymore. Really terrible to hear that. What about the dealer you bought it from? Are they willing to try and make things right? Most stores would wash their hands, but some places might try and sort you out.

To be clear, the guitar is still structurally fine, right? Just blemished? Or is it going to be problematic in the long term?

I've got a 355 on my bucket list (mostly because I love the "custom" appointments).

That's what I thought too. Unfortunately, I had a '59 reissue 335, and they're not being made any more as of this year. While I got a great deal on it and paid about the same price as a regular 335, the retail was a fair bit higher. They offered me a regular 335 - nice guitar, but in a different colour, with different specs, pickups, etc.

In all fairness, Gibson tried to fix my guitar three times, and are being quite nice and professional to deal with overall... I guess either this is all they have in stock, or are willing to offer so far.

I've asked them if it is possible to slot a rebuild into their production schedule, if I could get something like a 355 instead, or if I can at least wait until my choice isn't a purple figured topped model :)

If it wasn't for the shop I bought it from - Chicago Music Exchange - I wouldn't have even got this far. Highly recommend dealing with them even if you're not on Chicago.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah, saw that and I thought the exact same thing. There had to be salvageable parts or instruments in that milieu, and I'm sure some donations could have been made.

I know it would have taken a crazy amount of work, but they could have sent them to epiphone, had epiphone shoot a poly finish over the original nitro and turned it into some wacky limited guitar.

I'm pretty sure that a more traditional guitar at a more reasonable price would have sold quite decently. Plus, a lot of people would have bought them purely because of the whole "made in USA" thing, even with the Epi makeover. Especially at epiphone prices.

They couldn't do a tax write-off in that case, but I just think these guitar companies should be pressured into not wasting wood.

That's what I thought too. Unfortunately, I had a '59 reissue 335, and they're not being made any more as of this year. While I got a great deal on it and paid about the same price as a regular 335, the retail was a fair bit higher. They offered me a regular 335 - nice guitar, but in a different colour, with different specs, pickups, etc.

In all fairness, Gibson tried to fix my guitar three times, and are being quite nice and professional to deal with overall... I guess either this is all they have in stock, or are willing to offer so far.

I've asked them if it is possible to slot a rebuild into their production schedule, if I could get something like a 355 instead, or if I can at least wait until my choice isn't a purple figured topped model :)

If it wasn't for the shop I bought it from - Chicago Music Exchange - I wouldn't have even got this far. Highly recommend dealing with them even if you're not on Chicago.

That's really unfortunate, and obviously, the discontinued model really complicates things. I hope they can make it right, somehow.

I'd push for a 355, personally. If they aren't going to do a rebuild, you shouldn't have to accept a "lesser" guitar. Not that a 335 is a bad guitar, but it's a lower price point model, so it's obviously not fair to expect you to settle for that. Either Gibson or CME's going to have to take a bit of a loss on this one to make things right.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
I'm having a bad day today y'all, I plugged my fender pro jr IV amp and it died after a second I turned it on, opened it and replaced the fuse and tried turning it on again and saw the tube on the far left light up and then the fuse blew again. I went to the local shop and explained to them what had happened and they said it couldn't be tubes. How much do you think a repair is gonna be? Or should I try something else?

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
He said it might be an issue with the board and didn't even look at it, told me to go to fender since it's still under warranty

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Depressed. Sold 4 of my guitars today for a total of £1150. Probably could've got more but needed quick sale. Sold a 2011 Fender Special Strat in Candy Apple Red with EMG SA pups, a 2016 Aerodyne Fender Strat in black, a 2014 MiM Fender Strat with humbuckers and Floyd Rose and a 2015 Ibanez AR620-IV. Bummer really. The Red strat and aerodyne were real nice and the AR 620-IV in ivory was gorgeous. Oh well. Still got 8 so I'll live.

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it would have taken a crazy amount of work, but they could have sent them to epiphone, had epiphone shoot a poly finish over the original nitro and turned it into some wacky limited guitar.

I'm pretty sure that a more traditional guitar at a more reasonable price would have sold quite decently. Plus, a lot of people would have bought them purely because of the whole "made in USA" thing, even with the Epi makeover. Especially at epiphone prices.

They couldn't do a tax write-off in that case, but I just think these guitar companies should be pressured into not wasting wood.

That's really unfortunate, and obviously, the discontinued model really complicates things. I hope they can make it right, somehow.

I'd push for a 355, personally. If they aren't going to do a rebuild, you shouldn't have to accept a "lesser" guitar. Not that a 335 is a bad guitar, but it's a lower price point model, so it's obviously not fair to expect you to settle for that. Either Gibson or CME's going to have to take a bit of a loss on this one to make things right.

I agree with you, and hopefully they do too. Still haven't heard anything back from my email last week though. Will have to follow up later this week.

Btw - see this?

Another Gibson destruction video... this time ES models. Breaks my heart to see, what a waste.

OP
OP
Neo0mj

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Depressed. Sold 4 of my guitars today for a total of £1150. Probably could've got more but needed quick sale. Sold a 2011 Fender Special Strat in Candy Apple Red with EMG SA pups, a 2016 Aerodyne Fender Strat in black, a 2014 MiM Fender Strat with humbuckers and Floyd Rose and a 2015 Ibanez AR620-IV. Bummer really. The Red strat and aerodyne were real nice and the AR 620-IV in ivory was gorgeous. Oh well. Still got 8 so I'll live.

That's unfortunate to hear, but hey you still got 8 more!

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
Oh well. Still got 8 so I'll live.

Mind posting a picture of your guitar collection?

Btw - see this?

Another Gibson destruction video... this time ES models. Breaks my heart to see, what a waste.

Yeah. I saw that. Would've been nice if they could have been sold as husks. Obviously, Gibson gets to write those off somehow. Real shame, though. And it's not like the Firebird X, where the whole thing was an embarrassing failure they wanted rid of. Some good guitars there. Maybe let some of the (former?) employees pick them up cheap.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
I certainly will when I get some good pics done.

Thanks. I want to take some nice pictures of mine, but we still haven't found our camera since we moved last year. We definitely had it in our new house when we moved in, but since then, we haven't been able to figure out where it is.

Speaking of taking pictures, it's really hard to get a good picture of my white custom. The finish has slightly yellowed, which I love, but then I take a picture and it just looks pure white.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Speaking of taking pictures, it's really hard to get a good picture of my white custom. The finish has slightly yellowed, which I love, but then I take a picture and it just looks pure white.

If your camera supports it, don't use auto white balance (commonly 'WB'), and instead set it to the lighting you have.

slightly off-topic but do we have a thread for sharing our own music? i couldn't find anything via search.

Try this?

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to fixing my Ibanez Roadstar 2. While I was at it, I took the time to scrub this thing down because when I got it, it was really nasty. I did a mild cleaning when I got it, but now that I have it apart, I did a better job. Hopefully the smell on it is mostly gone now.

Took the front plate off and a wire broke off the input jack
7u9iuoH.jpg

Just put a new wire on it and it fixed the issue.
Rs6CMB7.jpg

The saddles were nasty and the adjustment pieces were stripped and wouldn't even turn. I took some new ones from my dads parts bin, which I don't think he was going to use anyway. They're a different style, but they'll work.
h6n1Fr0.jpg

This is an example of the nastiness of this thing. The whole thing was like this when I got it.
1HeWfMC.jpg

Now it looks good. Still needs a proper set-up.
Dvr1sBt.jpg

I've got a 1982 Roadstar II that needs some work, jack doesn't work anymore (likely wires) and the neck piece needs resetting on the body. Dropped it like a cunt years ago.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
So I need some new guitar strings (it's been a while) but I honestly don't remember what I got last time as they were put on by the music shop. I have a Gibson traditional and like playing blues to hard rock (like Black Keys to Black Sabbath). Any suggestions on what I should get?

Mandatory guitar pic:
mHucejQ.jpg

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I use nickel strings with a wound third, 0.011 to whatever. D'Addario or GHS. Not sure anyone else wants strings that big or a wound third.

Nice looking guitar! Is it really intonated with the saddles in a nice line like that?
Yeah it was the first thing I tested when I bought it. The intonation was really good. It might be a little bit off now as it's been a couple of years.

ronpontelle

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone.

I'm on the lookout for a cheap small valve practice amp. I've got an old Marshall 15w transistor amp that was my step sister's from the early 90s, but it's so weedy. Actually when clean, it's really bright and sounds more like a fender, but it's really got zero oomph, even by little transistor standards!

Used to have a TSL-601 and blonde 65 Twin reissue, but they got sold a few years back when I needed the money more than the amp. Not gonna need anything that big or powerful - a two year old little boy ended that!

Years ago when I was first learning, I used to have a tiny Marshall thing that ran off a 9v battery. Are there any modern equivalents that aren't total crap? I quite like the idea of roaming around the house with my electric rather than my acoustic. I know it'll probably sound pretty cack, but at least it'll be portable!

I play an early 90s Fender Plus Deluxe with kinmans instead of the original Lace Sensors. Usually playing rock, indie, funk stuff - think early chili peppers, Pavement, Royal Trux, Hendrix etc! Boss DS1, Hot Cake, Cry Baby, Small Stone...

Any advice, gratefully received. I'll be buying second hand as money's tight!

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Mind posting a picture of your guitar collection?
Took some pics. Not great. Been ill so lacking in motivation, lol. Anyway -
Schecter C1 Classic. I like it a lot. Very easy to play, nice sound.
Q1BCRnY.jpg

Schecter Banshee Elite 6 FR-S. A beast of a guitar with a Sustainiac for extra beastliness!
6PLV4sq.jpg

PRS SE Custom. A wood finish LE, can't remember what wood. Anyway, looks good plays nice.
MuyS0Bd.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Studio. Not the biggest Les Paul fan but this is nice.
Qt2VLcA.jpg

Chapman Guitars ML1 Norseman Midgardsormen. Really good. Really heavy (weight, I mean).
balHoI3.jpg

Ibanez s1070pbz clb. Great looking, light as a feather.
qnU9mM3.jpg

Ibanez rg1070pbz cbb. Prefer S style over RG but it looks great.
HkqtemV.jpg

And finally Limited Edition American Pro Mahogany Strat in Violin burst Maple top.
S4MagHr.jpg

2fXp9zP.jpg

I also have a Squire Jazzmaster beritone too and two Ibanez acoustics (6 string and 12 string). I intend to keep these guitars for quite a while, though I may replace one if I buy another.

Must get my pedals out one day as well. Got a few real beauties.