• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I currently own a 2002, 2003, 2015 and 2018. I'm also planning on buying another in march. I've had several more, but I won't comment on the others other than saying that with a single exception, they were all good ones.

Only one of them has a cosmetic flaw, and it's a pretty small one. The 2018 classic in Pelham blue has small area on the bass side where the binding wasn't properly scraped, so there's a mm of Pelham blue finish stain on the binding from the neck joint until the end of the binding. It's extremely minor and I barely noticed it in the store.

The rest are flawless, cosmetically speaking. Or at least they were when they left the factory.

I have noticed some Gibsons in stores with tooling marks on the fretboard binding. Those can be a bit of an eyesore. I wouldn't let it deter me from buying one with those issues as long as it wasn't super noticeable and didn't affect playbility. But I would use it to negotiate a discount.

I think Gibson's QC can be really spotty at times, but the key to avoiding that is to inspect and play the instrument before buying it.

I also know that the "out-the-box" setups can be really dodgy. The solution there is to go to a decent store who inspects guitars and does any necessary setups before putting them out.

Buy online from most major retailers, and you're just asking for trouble, imo.

Gibson aren't perfect. They're far from it. But I feel that it's at least partly a meme at this point, partially propogated by people who can't afford a Gibson or find them undesirable for whatever reason.

Also, the pricing complaints are totally blown out of proportion, at least when it comes to the regular Gibson USA line. The Les Paul is priced lower than the equivalent PRS and higher than the equivalent fender, which should be obvious, because fenders are cheaper to make. Gibson can go a little crazy with their custom shop guitars at times, but people are buying them, so where's the problem? Those overpriced slash doublenecks? They're selling. I've always wanted a doubleneck, but if I ever get one, I'd go for a regular used production model.

If your only option to try out a Gibson is a guitar centre or some similar faceless corporation, then you're probably going to come away dissatisfied. Since I live in Japan, I have the luxury of having a huge selection of stores to shop at, and they don't tend to put guitars with poor setups or anything worse than marginal QC issues on their store floor. Not saying they're perfect, either. But they at least take some pride in what they do.

There is this one store in Ocha no Mizu that had a literal wall of used Les Paul Customs. Good prices, too... well back then when the yen was strong, at least.

As for Gibson guitars being overpriced, I think it depends on what you're getting. If you buy a US-made guitar, you are going to be paying more for something that may not be apparent. For example, you are paying more for the same labor just by virtue of the US having more ethical labor compensation than some other countries where you can make a guitar for much cheaper. That's just a fact of life. But, the reputation is that US guitars are the best and I haven't seen much to disabuse me of that notion, personally.

Regardless, I have always thought that Gibson should have incorporated their mid-range epiphone models into the main Gibson line. Just like how you buy a Mexican Strat, you get an Indonesian (Wherever they make Epiphones) Gibson. I'm sure they want to keep Gibson a premium brand, but at what cost? It makes you feel like a sucker, honestly. I always thought it was funny that you are left to feel like a poor loser for having a studio, which is a $1500 guitar! The ultimate question: Should it be? Is it a guitar worthy of $1500? I can't say for sure, but it does seem like you are paying a premium for features that are available on cheapo guitars for a literal fraction of the cost and that's frustrating. An ebony LP studio vs. an ebony LP Classic is basically just binding, but they want you to pay $500 extra for it. Meanwhile, you can almost buy a whole separate Epiphone Les Paul standard for that price difference, and that guitar has binding! So, considering how much of a premium you pay, if Gibson today isn't offering a product that goes above and beyond, then they deserve the hate they are getting. No room for the smallest mistake at that pricepoint.

But, Les Pauls have a magic factor that I can't explain. I haven't regretted buying either Gibson guitar I have for a second, and I'm a worrywart who second-guesses virtually every purchase I make. So that's saying something. Worth the money? The ones I have been well worth the money.

Last edited:

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Birthday present off my wife, explorer now crossed off my list. Now time to make either make some room in my rack or get a new stand just for this.

qepijne.jpg

XfY4Eu0.jpg

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I got a couple of Gibson SGs that I'm probably gonna sell. Just can't gel with them and I'm over the whole Gibson thing. Yeah they make great guitars but as Astor pointed out, there's a lot of "holy grail" searching when it comes to Gibsons where you have to find the "right one". And yeah it probably won't happen in a guitar store and more likely be found in a dusty attic somewhere. Basically when it comes to Gibson I'm done with the hunt. If I ever get another Gibson it would have to come to me like fate and be mind blowing.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
There is this one store in Ocha no Mizu that had a literal wall of used Les Paul Customs. Good prices, too... well back then when the yen was strong, at least.

When I bought my slightly beat up black custom (second-hand), it was on a wall like that. Most of the other customs were reissues, and were out of my price range. But if there had been a '54 reissue custom with the p90 and staple pickups, I'd probably have begged my wife to get the credit card out that day.

Truth be told, I bought the black Les Paul custom because I love my white custom and I had a "why not both" moment, but I've got to get one of those '54 reissues someday.

As for Gibson guitars being overpriced, I think it depends on what you're getting. If you buy a US-made guitar, you are going to be paying more for something that may not be apparent. For example, you are paying more for the same labor just by virtue of the US having more ethical labor compensation than some other countries where you can make a guitar for much cheaper. That's just a fact of life. But, the reputation is that US guitars are the best and I haven't seen much to disabuse me of that notion, personally.

I haven't owned a guitar not made in America or Japan in 15 years. I gather that guitars made in Korea and China have improved exponentially in that time period and a number of new markets have opened up, such as Indonesia, but my experience was kind of iffy, so I'm hesitant to go back. Especially when I can afford "nicer" guitars. And even though I don't buy guitars with the intention of reselling them, if you buy a "premium" guitar like a Gibson, they tend to hold their value pretty well. Especially if you take care of them for 10-15 years.

Case in point, my white custom. Mine is a 2002. I bought it second hand. I remember how much they cost when new, and I paid about 90% of that price adjusted for inflation. More on the custom pricing later.

Regardless, I have always thought that Gibson should have incorporated their mid-range epiphone models into the main Gibson line. Just like how you buy a Mexican Strat, you get an Indonesian (Wherever they make Epiphones) Gibson.

I'm sure they want to keep Gibson a premium brand, but at what cost?

I have to disagree there. An epiphone Les Paul is a real Les Paul, legally speaking. They might cheap out a little in relation to the Gibson models, but they're still the real deal. They're available, plentiful and affordable. And they sell in really high numbers. Put Gibson on that headstock and sales of Gibsons would drop. It seems that the only people who have an issue with epiphone are the people who want their epiphone to say Gibson on the headstock.

It makes you feel like a sucker, honestly. I always thought it was funny that you are left to feel like a poor loser for having a studio, which is a $1500 guitar!

When I bought my first Les Paul, a studio was £500, a classic was £980, a standard was £1400 and a custom was £1800. I bought a standard, although truth be told, I wanted a custom. I could've waited another month and bought the custom, but I was 17, and that money was burning a hole in my pocket. The studio, in particular, was a bargain back then. I saw tons of guitarists using them back when I started gigging.

A few years later, production of all Les paul customs was moved to the custom shop. They're still the exact same guitar and are made in the exact same way, but the prices have more than doubled in the last 15 years. The only consolation is that they come with much nicer cases now.
The ultimate question: Should it be? Is it a guitar worthy of $1500? I can't say for sure, but it does seem like you are paying a premium for features that are available on cheapo guitars for a literal fraction of the cost and that's frustrating. An ebony LP studio vs. an ebony LP Classic is basically just binding, but they want you to pay $500 extra for it.

There's that made in USA price bump. And a good hard case, too. And binding is a really labour intensive process. The fret nibs are a pain in the butt to do too. I have a friend who builds his own guitars using nothing but hand tools and elbow grease. His guitars have garnered praise from the likes of Roman Rist and Freddy Gabrsek, but he refuses to do fret nibs because they're ultimately pointless and extremely time consuming.

Meanwhile, you can almost buy a whole separate Epiphone Les Paul standard for that price difference, and that guitar has binding!

And it's made in china, which you've already covered. Don't forget poly finishes, veneer tops, cheaper pickups*, pots, switch/etc. Most of which have a minute/non-existent effect on sound, but they are pretty massive savings when you add them all up.

*I only mention the pickups because epiphone put Gibson pickups on their high end stuff.

So, considering how much of a premium you pay, if Gibson today isn't offering a product that goes above and beyond, then they deserve the hate they are getting. No room for the smallest mistake at that pricepoint.

Most of the price difference can be attributed to the higher cost of labour in the US, the more intensive labour processes (nitro Vs poly finishes) and the higher quality components used. Most Gibson hardcases are made in Canada, although some have been made in Costa Rica. Every hardcase I've owned was made by TKL in Canada. That's another cost right there.

And then there are the actual maple tops Vs the veneers/photoflame. Even the highest end esp eclipse comes with a veneer top, and those things are far more expensive than a Les Paul.

Birthday present off my wife, explorer now crossed off my list. Now time to make either make some room in my rack or get a new stand just for this.

qepijne.jpg

XfY4Eu0.jpg

Nice. Happy new guitar day/birthday.

I got a couple of Gibson SGs that I'm probably gonna sell. Just can't gel with them and I'm over the whole Gibson thing. Yeah they make great guitars but as Astor pointed out, there's a lot of "holy grail" searching when it comes to Gibsons where you have to find the "right one". And yeah it probably won't happen in a guitar store and more likely be found in a dusty attic somewhere. Basically when it comes to Gibson I'm done with the hunt. If I ever get another Gibson it would have to come to me like fate and be mind blowing.

I can't say I agree with the "holy grail" part. It's more like finding a store with a good selection who don't put poorly setup guitars with major issues on their sales floors. Obviously, Gibson deserves some flack here, because PRS and fender seem to do a better job of supplying their dealers with guitars without issues, but I guarantee you that I could go to ochanomizu right now and find a ton of Gibsons in my price range that I'd be happy to own.

Sadly, not everyone has that option.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good point on the case. Studio's used to come with a case that made them really a great value for what you get. I knew they did away with the hardshell case for their mid-range guitars like the SG Std and Studio, but I think they may have brought it back for the studio at least. My LP Studio is my absolute favorite guitar I own. It's a rare one with some interesting quirks. No weight relief, ebony fretboard with no inlays, rare copper metallic color. It's just a rare beauty with a ton of character.

That being said, I'm getting a telecaster soon. I've been chasing that tone for a while I might as well get one.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
My LP Studio is my absolute favorite guitar I own. It's a rare one with some interesting quirks. No weight relief, ebony fretboard with no inlays, rare copper metallic color. It's just a rare beauty with a ton of character.

That sounds great. Any pictures?

That being said, I'm getting a telecaster soon. I've been chasing that tone for a while I might as well get one.

Telecasters are really popular with Les Paul players. I'm in the mood for one myself, but there are still a few Les Pauls I want to buy first.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds great. Any pictures?

Telecasters are really popular with Les Paul players. I'm in the mood for one myself, but there are still a few Les Pauls I want to buy first.

This guitar I got when I was 17. Worked at 5 dollar minimum wage to get it! It got stolen, and I found it in a pawn shop 6 years later while looking for other stuff stolen from our band, and they had to give it back to me because I reported it to the police with the serial number! haha!

I don't have a good camera, but here is a look:

LLQln1Q.jpg

And yes, don't 'fret,' the fretboard has been treated since this pic, lol. At the time I was saving up to get an ebony standard, and I went into the guitar shop and saw this orange les paul and had to have it.

This is the tele I want:

See a pattern? Lol

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I can't say I agree with the "holy grail" part. It's more like finding a store with a good selection who don't put poorly setup guitars with major issues on their sales floors. Obviously, Gibson deserves some flack here, because PRS and fender seem to do a better job of supplying their dealers with guitars without issues, but I guarantee you that I could go to ochanomizu right now and find a ton of Gibsons in my price range that I'd be happy to own.

Sadly, not everyone has that option.

Yes, it does come down to that after all. I used to have that option back when I lived in Tokyo then in Los Angeles, but out here in Timbuk-Maine it's definitely limited. Fortunately I still have a few nuggets I grabbed while I was back in Japan, like my '84 Ibanez Artist AR305AV Antique Violin.

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
This guitar I got when I was 17. Worked at 5 dollar minimum wage to get it! It got stolen, and I found it in a pawn shop 6 years later while looking for other stuff stolen from our band, and they had to give it back to me because I reported it to the police with the serial number! haha!

Nice. Always good to hear a story like that.

I don't have a good camera, but here is a look:

LLQln1Q.jpg

That looks great. But it would look even better with a Les Paul custom multiply pickguard.

Little bit. I've got my eyes on a mij telecaster in natural.

Yes, it does come down to that after all. I used to have that option back when I lived in Tokyo then in Los Angeles, but out here in Timbuk-Maine it's definitely limited. Fortunately I still have a few nuggets I grabbed while I was back in Japan, like my '84 Ibanez Artist AR305AV Antique Violin.

Nice. I'm definitely spoiled for choice over here. Even when I was living in Glasgow, I always had a couple of shops to choose from.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
ERA, HELP. I'm cheap because I'm budget restricted, but I wanna learn how to jam like this.

I have n o t h i n g at the moment, but am willing to put some money (as much as i can at least) into some gear and get to practicing. Where the actual heck do I start?

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ERA, HELP. I'm cheap because I'm budget restricted, but I wanna learn how to jam like this.

I have n o t h i n g at the moment, but am willing to put some money (as much as i can at least) into some gear and get to practicing. Where the actual heck do I start?

like, do you not play at all right now?

If so, go to your local music store and try a few budget guitars and leave with whatever feels best in your hands. Don't worry about gear right now, just start practicing.

if you already play and want to start to nail the sound and technique, it sounds like a relatively high gain amp and pickups with some modal arpeggiation at the start? I'm not sure if you'll be able to find tab for this song, but perhaps there is something from a mainstream artist/group that is similar and widely available on tab sites so that you can start limbering up and getting some muscle memory? Try slowing the song down in a DAW and playing along with it as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Shots fired from Tim Henson:

Polyphia's Tim Henson Hates Guitar Music, Only Listens to Rap Now

Tim
: "I see it being less guitar-centered and more musical. Because I hope that guitar music dies. I want it to die a painful death because so much of it is just bullshit. And I feel like people should focus more on the music itself and use the guitar as a tool to make music versus, like, 'I'm going to play guitar music,' you know what I mean? Because so much of it is just not good."

Scott: "It's very easily oversaturated, that's for sure."

Tim: "I think the boringness should die a painful death. As far as effects and stuff go, I use a lot of vocal effects, like the vocoder that's on 'Rich Kids,' that sounds nothing like a guitar. And as far as the future of it goes, me and Scott have been working really hard to bring guitar to mainstream music. Like, I work with a lot of hip-hop producers, and we've been writing for some bigger bands – there's lots of bringing in cooler guitar parts to things that are much bigger than us. So that eventually you'll turn on the radio again and hear guitar on the radio in whatever hip-hop song is happening – some good guitar, actually. So, that way, the future of guitar is cool again. Because I think it just got lost in translation of what was cool in the '80s when it was super-cool; you look back on it and that shit is dumb-corny. That's why it's no longer cool: because it's literally not."

Music Radar: Do you consciously try to avoid the typical guitar virtuoso clichés?

Tim
: "A lot of that shit is so fucking corny, I hate it. So, yeah."

Scott: "Unless you're one of the Gods or Steve Vai or someone and you're a solo guitarist, I don't know who the fuck you are. Tim and I listen to fucking radio music and shit, you know; I don't really go on MySpace any more and search the Solo Guitarists section and see what's new and upcoming."

Music Radar: What would you say are the genres that influence your writing and playing?

Tim
: "All I listen to is rap."

Scott: "Rap, hip-hop – I fucking love metal. I grew up listening to metal; I was in the womb, and my parents would put fucking Iron Maiden on the TV and Judas Priest and shit and Pantera, so I was fed that from a very young age – negative- one, even. I mean, I go through phases of, 'I like this more than this,' but it's mostly hip-hop and metal and that type of shit."

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely love Polyphia. Renaissance is one of my most listened to albums in years. That said, they walk the line with the douche bag rockstar characters they play in interviews. And sometimes that results in stupidity like above.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Weird. Isn't Polyphia super guitar-oriented technical music? In fact a lot times I can't decipher between Polyphia, Plini, Chon, Intervals and other widdly-djenty-widdly-widdley instrumentals.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. They like to play arrogant rockatars in interviews. And then sometimes they actually are...

But, I love Renaissance. It is far more pop oriented. Toned down the metal a good amount. Crush, Light, Nightmare, and Bittersweet are all awesome songs.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
i'm about to pull the trigger on a Kemper Stage

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, and i think these sound amazing, is there a easy way to sound like this and for less money?

I have a Stratocaster Eric Clapton with Seymour Duncan Antiquity, Please convince me not to buy it.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
i'm about to pull the trigger on a Kemper Stage

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, and i think these sound amazing, is there a easy way to sound like this and for less money?

I have a Stratocaster Eric Clapton with Seymour Duncan Antiquity, Please convince me not to buy it.

Honestly you should check out the Katana (and I'm not even a big Katana fan). There are many Kemper vs. Katana comparisons online. It's worth taking a look bcuz the Katana is a mere fraction of the price of a Kemper and punches well above its weight.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
my most played guitar is an epi SG, because I find the scale right for me, but I want a more fendery sound. What should I look for if I decide to upgrade to a more expensive guitar? Almost pulled the trigger with a Mexican strato but I had the feeling I would be going back to the sg.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
my most played guitar is an epi SG, because I find the scale right for me, but I want a more fendery sound. What should I look for if I decide to upgrade to a more expensive guitar? Almost pulled the trigger with a Mexican strato but I had the feeling I would be going back to the sg.

The Epiphone G400 Pro has push-pull knob coil-splitting which will allow you to get some of that Strat-ty single coil tone.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Wouldnt be surprised if you have to go the custom route with that, not sure many companies do that big without resorting to lighter bass strings/Baritone strings like these https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/str...one-guitar-strings-20-90-nickel-6-string-p701
i actually ended up going with ernie ball of all things. they have a 9 string set that goes to .105, which should be ideal as 9 strings are tuned c# as standard.
oh heck my fingies are gonna hurt.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

Have you played many guitars with a 25.5 scale? Its really not that much longer. I know what you mean though, because I really like the 24.75 scale length, but I don't know if you're going to find a guitar with a fender sound at that scale. There is the Fender jaguar and mustang, which are single coil and are an even shorter 24 inch scale. There's also a lot of 24.75 inch scale guitars with p90's, but that's still different than the fender single coil sound.

I would recommend just trying out various fenders, you might not even notice much difference. There's also a lot of fender copies over the years by companies like Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, and others. Could check those out as well.

If you really want a 24.75 inch scale with a fender sound, you could always get a custom warmoth neck for a fender guitar. Just expect to pay at least $200 for one. And you'll have to pay someone to swap and set up the guitar if you're not good at that stuff.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see a Guitar OT here. :) I feel like starting with the guitar thing again. My last guitar related purchases were from the end-1980s.

In the wake of the today-released American Ultra series from Fender, I bought a discreetly discounted American Elite Strat this weekend which should arrive in a couple of days. along goes a preorder for the THR30II practice amp and the Positive Grid Spark.

Any experiences with the Yamaha THR heads/cabinets?

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Nice to see a Guitar OT here. :) I feel like starting with the guitar thing again. My last guitar related purchases were from the end-1980s.

In the wake of the today-released American Ultra series from Fender, I bought a discreetly discounted American Elite Strat this weekend which should arrive in a couple of days. along goes a preorder for the THR30II practice amp and the Positive Grid Spark.

Any experiences with the Yamaha THR heads/cabinets?

Are you gonna keep the Noiseless pickups? ive changed the noiseless for the antiquity texas hot demo, and holy shit !!! a world of difference.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
yup, I will keep it stock for the time being. For different tonal needs, there are other guitars in the pipeline (GAS kicked in, yo).

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Have you played many guitars with a 25.5 scale? Its really not that much longer. I know what you mean though, because I really like the 24.75 scale length, but I don't know if you're going to find a guitar with a fender sound at that scale. There is the Fender jaguar and mustang, which are single coil and are an even shorter 24 inch scale. There's also a lot of 24.75 inch scale guitars with p90's, but that's still different than the fender single coil sound.

I would recommend just trying out various fenders, you might not even notice much difference. There's also a lot of fender copies over the years by companies like Ibanez, ESP, Schecter, and others. Could check those out as well.

If you really want a 24.75 inch scale with a fender sound, you could always get a custom warmoth neck for a fender guitar. Just expect to pay at least $200 for one. And you'll have to pay someone to swap and set up the guitar if you're not good at that stuff.

There are actually a few weird fenders floating around at 24.75 like the telesonic (which you can normally pick up relatively cheaply) and the strat-o-sonic. If you can pick one up the Squier vintage modified tele thinline has a 24.75 scale variant. https://reverb.com/item/2582728-squier-vintage-modified-thinline-telecaster-2012-24-75-scale

The Fender Toronado is also 24.75.

Unfortunately other than some 80's Japanese Strats it's very difficult to get a Fender single coil in 24.75.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Nice, i have the same one, but in tobacco sunburst, great guitar !!!

rMhW6Ey.jpg

your freetboard rosewood looks dark, it looks like Ebony, i would prefer that, mines looks more brownish.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
A lot of people hate on fretboards with streaks, but I actually prefer them.

My strat has a pau ferro fretboard, which people also hate because its not rosewood, and it has a nice look in my opinion.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I got a used THR10 like a month or so before they announced the new series. Pretty disappointed, since the biggest thing I was going back and forth on was which model I wanted, and the new one includes all three.

ch4534532

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
man guitar center is a fucking joke. i know it's my fault for going there, but god damn. i paid them to put in a couple of pickups because i didn't want to deal with the hassle. over 3 weeks later and i still don't have my guitar. every time i bring it home something is wrong with it. this time it's volum coming out of the bridge even when the volume knob is all the way down. i brought it in on wednesday for this issue and they keep promising me it will be done the next day. now i call today and the guy who said it would be done yesterday (the main tech somehow doesn't know how to do pot wiring and had to pawn it off to the second guy?!) and apparently he has called in sick yesterday. now i don't even know if he'll be in tomorrow. the reason i paid 70 fucking dollars for 2 pickups to be installed it specifically so i didn't have to deal with these headaches.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
man guitar center is a fucking joke. i know it's my fault for going there, but god damn. i paid them to put in a couple of pickups because i didn't want to deal with the hassle. over 3 weeks later and i still don't have my guitar. every time i bring it home something is wrong with it. this time it's volum coming out of the bridge even when the volume knob is all the way down. i brought it in on wednesday for this issue and they keep promising me it will be done the next day. now i call today and the guy who said it would be done yesterday (the main tech somehow doesn't know how to do pot wiring and had to pawn it off to the second guy?!) and apparently he has called in sick yesterday. now i don't even know if he'll be in tomorrow. the reason i paid 70 fucking dollars for 2 pickups to be installed it specifically so i didn't have to deal with these headaches.
That is shit. Maybe in the future you look up local reputable luthiers. I am sure you have the same idea.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
A tech who doesn't know how to wire pots is not a tech. At this point I'd demand your money back.

Last edited:

ch4534532

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
called today to see what was going on and the second dude said it was ready. i asked to make sure he fixed the problem and he said he didn't even know that was the problem was. i asked what he thought he fixed and he had no answer. he said it wasn't made clear to him what the problem was even though a)i explained it clearly to the dude at the front when i dropped it off and b)i explained it again to the main tech guy when he called last week. so basically they didn't communicate and my guitar has been sitting there since last week not being worked on. i was pretty nice about it but he got kind of snarky and pointed out it had only been 4 days since i dropped it off. i pointed out i first dropped it off to put the pickups in 3 weeks ago and he basically just said he had nothing to do with that.

what the fuck is going on

nomster

Oct 27, 2017
Pick it up, demand your money back, and find someone else. Don't even let them mess with it again.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
called today to see what was going on and the second dude said it was ready. i asked to make sure he fixed the problem and he said he didn't even know that was the problem was. i asked what he thought he fixed and he had no answer. he said it wasn't made clear to him what the problem was even though a)i explained it clearly to the dude at the front when i dropped it off and b)i explained it again to the main tech guy when he called last week. so basically they didn't communicate and my guitar has been sitting there since last week not being worked on. i was pretty nice about it but he got kind of snarky and pointed out it had only been 4 days since i dropped it off. i pointed out i first dropped it off to put the pickups in 3 weeks ago and he basically just said he had nothing to do with that.

what the fuck is going on
They clearly do not give a fuck. Sorry to hear it.