• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YourFriend

Nov 15, 2017
Weird, aren't these the same anti protest people who always say "libruls can protest during weekdays because they don't have jobs," are not only protesting, but protesting on a work day.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Plenty of Black people attended this rally. I'm glad there's people willing to come out in support of the egregious acts that the Virginia democrats are trying to impose on law abiding 2nd amendment supporting citizens.
Are there? Other than the tiny group of 8 or 9 Black Panthers activists, I can't say I've noticed any.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Are there? Other than the tiny group of 8 or 9 Black Panthers activists, I can't say I've noticed any.
I'm Black. Have plenty of people in Virginia that I know attended, active firearms instructor and far right when it comes to firearms. I'm tired of the all gun owners are nazi's narrative or all gun owners are even right wing. The only thing I'm even on the republican side is is the 2nd amendment.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I'm Black. Have plenty of people in Virginia that I know attended, active firearms instructor and far right when it comes to firearms. I'm tired of the all gun owners are nazi's narrative or all gun owners are even right wing. The only thing I'm even on the republican side is is the 2nd amendment.

Great that you, apparently a black person, is supportive of an ammendmant created to keep uppity slaves in check.

If you're not a Nazi then you're a mug.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Coming from a dude who said he'll forgive Kanye for being a grifter and working with bigoted evangelicals because of his shoes... I wouldn't take anything that dude says seriously.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Great that you, apparently a black person, is supportive of an ammendmant created to keep uppity slaves in check.

If you're not a Nazi then you're a mug.
Except it was created to keep an uppity government in check. Not that personal firearms are in any way effective enough to challenge the government. Still this was the intention of the 2nd amendment. No need to rewrite history. It can still be changed if the overwhelming populace demands it.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

Straight up give me good reason why a civilian needs a weapon like this

This is a weapon of war, it's designed to do one thing, and one thing only, kill human beings.

Same with the AR-15, it's a modified M-4. The only difference being the automatic/burst mode has been removed (which is rarely used by the military since it's less accurate).

These weapons are designed to kill people, they're not designed for hunting.

These are weapons that do not belong in the hands of civilians.

These people jerk off to the second amendment because they have a fetish for war. They want something to pop off so they can live out their soldier fantasy moment and jerk off to the memory later.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

That's not really a narrative though. Our local vocal gun advocate mammoth Jones is a black dude as well.

I don't think there's data to support that narrative at all.

Are there a bunch of white supremacists at this Virginia rally? Yep.

Do we need gun regulation? Yep. Nothing is in stone in our constitution. See this impeachment sham to realize that the Constitution is just a document. Also said that we weren't human beings. Things change over time.

Oct 30, 2017
They all have some fantasy of shooting some government agent knocking on their door asking for their guns.

In reality, the state could just impose heavy fines for non compliance. That's even if some sort of fire arm ban went into effect. In reality, background checks and red flag laws are most likely to be the real extent of said legislation.

YMB

Nov 6, 2017
background checks omg how egregious
Nothing anyone lists on this site specifically is going to be seen as infringing on their rights, but there ARE a LOT of laws being proposed in a relative small amount of time in what used to be just a year ago one of the most "pro-2a" states in the country. Its a 0-60 moment, theres going to be heavier backlash from that than normal. The 3-4 that made it through so far have always been seen as the start.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Nothing anyone lists on this site specifically is going to be seen as infringing on their rights, but there ARE a LOT of laws being proposed in a relative small amount of time in what used to be just a year ago one of the most "pro-2a" states in the country. Its a 0-60 moment, theres going to be heavier backlash from that than normal. The 3-4 that made it through so far have always been seen as the start.

okay

but where is this cosplay militia standing up for our rights when kids are locked in cages and our voting & healthcare access gets stripped away and our president wants to commit war crimes?

if they only give a shit about coming out and raising a noise against gun control legislation, no one's allowed to act surprised that the rest of the country looks at these idiots and calls them fascist or at the very least, allies to government fascism.

Oct 27, 2017
I always find these 2nd amendment types hilarious because the vast majority currently support the most anti-democracy party to exist since the civil war.

I'd guess the majority sentiment among these people isn't to stand to tyranny, but to be the tyrants oppressing the minorities. As they view any slight loss of their racial power as oppression and thus standing against tyrants...

Funnily enough, i would wager the majority of these jackasses would hand in their guns if asked by trump or their community leaders as long as they are white and Republican and a fascist Republican government was in place.

they would label anybody that actually stands against their republican fascist dreams terrorists in a heart beat. We've already seen this many times over the last decade with the BLM movement.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
V5j3Idb_d.jpg

That's an M82 right? So let me get this straight. The same guys who thought the populace were too stupid to trust with just an outright popular vote for president, totally wanted civilians to have weapons of this nature in their hands?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn the weirdness of how many times I've seen on FB folks celebrating this being peaceful and stuff like the gun folks "cleaning up after themselves".

They stood outside a government building, armed, to threaten lawmakers.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Except it was created to keep an uppity government in check. Not that personal firearms are in any way effective enough to challenge the government. Still this was the intention of the 2nd amendment. No need to rewrite history. It can still be changed if the overwhelming populace demands it.
it is absolutely laughable that ANYONE thinks the 2nd amendment will do fuck all against an "uppity government". Gun rights advocates are happy to get railroaded by the government as long as they can keep their toys.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
V5j3Idb_d.jpg

That's an M82 right? So let me get this straight. The same guys who thought the populace were too stupid to trust with just an outright popular vote for president, totally wanted civilians to have weapons of this nature in their hands?

Well, they were using single shot muskets back then. Much like many people today, they weren't thinking of where we'd be 200+ years later in terms of technology and outright stupidity.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Straight up give me good reason why a civilian needs a weapon like this

This is a weapon of war, it's designed to do one thing, and one thing only, kill human beings.

Same with the AR-15, it's a modified M-4. The only difference being the automatic/burst mode has been removed (which is rarely used by the military since it's less accurate).

These weapons are designed to kill people, they're not designed for hunting.

These are weapons that do not belong in the hands of civilians.

These people jerk off to the second amendment because they have a fetish for war. They want something to pop off so they can live out their soldier fantasy moment and jerk off to the memory later.

Right, but since when is that ever an argument?

Not disagreeing but we need to stop framing the conversation as "having guns for hunting" when the reality is we need to express the need for gun control in a way which won't instantly ignore the wordings of the 2A and still have major effects on curbing gun related violence, both in the day to day shootings that handguns produce and the mass shooting events due to high capacity semi-auto long rifles.

Honestly, something like a 50cal is absurd but focusing on it and using the hunting narrative is what the conservatives love, because it ignores the core issues at play while falling into the same pitfalls.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Well, they were using single shot muskets back then. Much like many people today, they weren't thinking of where we'd be 200+ years later in terms of technology and outright stupidity.

Well yeah of course I know that. I'm just perplexed that 2nd Amendment advocates don't see the ridiculousness of some of the weapons people can own. It's clear as day looking at certain decisions the founding fathers made in other areas of governance, that the modern interpretation of gun rights would freak them out.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well yeah of course I know that. I'm just perplexed that 2nd Amendment advocates don't see the ridiculousness of some of the weapons people can own. It's clear as day looking at certain decisions the founding fathers made in other areas of governance, that the modern interpretation of gun rights would freak them out.

2A is just the method of having the right to have firearms, there are plenty of laws that restrict weapons on civilians that are legal when faced against the 2A. Mainly depends on the state.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
2A is just the method of having the right to have firearms, there are plenty of laws that restrict weapons on civilians that are legal when faced against the 2A. Mainly depends on the state.

Like Reagan with his gun control legislation when he was Governor of California that there was a thread about today. Have state laws on gun restrictions ever been deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court?

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Right, but since when is that ever an argument?

Not disagreeing but we need to stop framing the conversation as "having guns for hunting" when the reality is we need to express the need for gun control in a way which won't instantly ignore the wordings of the 2A and still have major effects on curbing gun related violence, both in the day to day shootings that handguns produce and the mass shooting events due to high capacity semi-auto long rifles.

Honestly, something like a 50cal is absurd but focusing on it and using the hunting narrative is what the conservatives love, because it ignores the core issues at play while falling into the same pitfalls.

Here's the problem, these people don't want to have the discussion at all.

To them, any form of gun control is a violation of the second amendment.

Restrict ammo or magazine size, they'll bitch
Add more background checks, they'll bitch

Anything that isn't "Allow all guns" will cause these people to bitch.

I'm currently stuck living with one of these people (my dad). To him, anything that makes it harder for him to walk into a store, buy a gun (or ammo) and walk out is a 2nd amendment violation. At no point has his ability to own a gun been taken away, but he doesn't care. You can't negotiate with that.

The only way to get any type of gun reform through is to just do it and let these fucking idiots bitch like the whiny fucking bastards they are.

They've already decided that dead kids are perfectly acceptable to them if they get to keep their guns.

I'm well passed the point of negotiating with these terrorists. They drew their line in the sand with Sandy Hook.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's the problem, these people don't want to have the discussion at all.

To them, any form of gun control is a violation of the second amendment.

Restrict ammo or magazine size, they'll bitch
Add more background checks, they'll bitch

Anything that isn't "Allow all guns" will cause these people to bitch.

I'm currently stuck living with one of these people (my dad). To him, anything that makes it harder for him to walk into a store, buy a gun (or ammo) and walk out is a 2nd amendment violation. At no point has his ability to own a gun been taken away, but he doesn't care. You can't negotiate with that.

The only way to get any type of gun reform through is to just do it and let these fucking idiots bitch like the whiny fucking bastards they are.

They've already decided that dead kids are perfectly acceptable to them if they get to keep their guns.

I'm well passed the point of negotiating with these terrorists. They drew their line in the sand with Sandy Hook.

Right, it's more of debate tactics and the need to change the conversation for mass consumption vs. winning over right wing people.

Oct 25, 2017

Not even the state, the government can reclassify weapons, and weapon attachments where they require extensive oversight to own. Look at how the Street Sweeper was taken off the streets legally, look at the regulation behind silencers we have gun laws that could work within the constitution and only require the will to do it.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017

I read that this was never the case. The US government didn't have an army so they relied on militias in case they wanted to declare war on anyone. The militia thing didn't work out though when the US government tried to declare war on Canada and the local militias refused to show up because the Canadians were too important to them in the fur trade. Guns were for hunting Indians, police were for hunting slaves, and militias were a stand in for an army. Wish I could find where I originally read this for a source check.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
it is absolutely laughable that ANYONE thinks the 2nd amendment will do fuck all against an "uppity government". Gun rights advocates are happy to get railroaded by the government as long as they can keep their toys.
It wasn't created to keep an "uppity government" in check as in fighting against government forces. The intent was for us to not have a large standing army to rebel against in the first place, as the existence of that itself was considered a threat to freedom. Obviously, regulated militias went away relatively quickly as a primary military solution, as they were a pretty shit structure for fighting against a large professional army.

The collective view of the 2nd amendment (favoring states' power to regulate firearm ownership) was the precedent, rather than the individualist view until '07.

Black Americans have a more complicated history with the 2nd ammendment over the course of U.S. history, as it has been used in both directions for oppression. Honestly, the only coherent defence of the more conservative extreme individualist view of the 2nd ammendment I've come across has been from that perspective, talking about how such regulation has been used against them before.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I thought there was supposed to be a false flag attack to start the civil war?

I mean. This YouTube video I was watching laid it all out.

It's just over?