• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So just to add on to this, the BNE Europe press site recently had a "New" label added next to its "New Gundam Breaker" page, which usually means new assets are available for grabbing. This pops up even when new assets are added, but are hidden until a certain embargo time. So while the actual assets are currently inaccessible, you know BNE Europe is preparing to announce something New Gundam Breaker-related within the next few days.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Breaker 3 came out on the PS4 back in 2016. New Gundam Breaker is the fourth game in the series.
Wait! A brand new Gundam breaker? So I wonder how the licensing will work this time around? Since it is coming to NA, will they just leave out certain things? I remember that was the issue with Gundam breaker 3 why they didnt localize it iirc.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
Finally a Gundam game on pc (i hope that they won't stop after this, time for that versus with crossplay)

i hope we will get the vocal songs and the original ost

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Wait! A brand new Gundam breaker? So I wonder how the licensing will work this time around? Since it is coming to NA, will they just leave out certain things? I remember that was the issue with Gundam breaker 3 why they didnt localize it iirc.

Gundam Versus came over completely untouched, so I'm guessing the same thing with will happen with NGB.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Bamco twitter accounts outside of Japan really aren't competent when it comes to leaking posts about English robot game news. I remember SRWOG Moon Dwellers in English being leaked caused a shitstorm on /m/.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
This looks fun, what kind of gameplay is this? From screen shots I can't tell if it's more action or strategy.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This looks fun, what kind of gameplay is this? From screen shots I can't tell if it's more action or strategy.

Action - kind of musou-like. You're actually fighting with Gundam models. You break pieces off - and they have their own unique stats, then you build your own robot from whatever pieces you want. It's a lot of fun. To me, it's like mixing a musou game with a Diablo loot style game.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
Action hack and slash type game where you customize your mobile suit.

Action - kind of musou-like. You're actually fighting with Gundam models. You break pieces off - and they have their own unique stats, then you build your own robot from whatever pieces you want. It's a lot of fun. To me, it's like mixing a musou game with a Diablo loot style game.

Well you've both sold me on it haha. Thanks.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

Don't forget the "Monster Hunter" aspect, since you'll be eventually pitted against gigantic mobile suits!

Which is fitting, considering Craft & Meister (Breaker devs) are ex-Capcom pats who also worked on early Monster Hunter games.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget the "Monster Hunter" aspect, since you'll be eventually pitted against gigantic mobile suits!

Which is fitting, considering Craft & Meister (Breaker devs) are ex-Capcom pats who also worked on early Monster Hunter games.

giphy.gif

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Super glad that the leaks confirmed a PC version exists, because this is literally the best choice for a first PC Gundam game they could've made. Gonna buy Day 1.

Couldn't care less about the music, all I needed was Bael and Barbatos Lupus Rex, and I got that already.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
I would like some Gundam games on PC (excluding Asia-only MMO), but I'm not really digging this toy aesthetics.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I would like some Gundam games on PC (excluding Asia-only MMO), but I'm not really digging this toy aesthetics.

It's the only "story driven/single player/not versus" action based series of Gundam games we've been getting this console generation. I'd love to see a follow up to Battlefield Record UC 0081, Side Stories or Unicorn (all PS3 titles), but it's not looking too likely at this point.