• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shortiloe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Also internal discussions about a new Grandia game!

When it comes to remastering the rest of the Grandia series, including Grandia III and Xtreme, Morishita-san let us know that they are "considering it" internally based on the reactions from players for Grandia I and II. On whether or not the company has plans to return to the series and create a brand new entry, Morishita-san stated, "There is a lot of discussions internally about this, based on the voices of users who want to see it happen. Grandia is not a title that I personally started, but I do have a lot of respect for it. If we were to put something new out, I would want it to fit in well with the original series and improve it where I feel I can, which does put a lot of pressure on me. Looking at the RPG aspects of the series, I have to work on finding a way to create something that will satisfy users."

noisypixel.net

Gungho Considers Grandia III Remastered And Returning To The Series

Noisy Pixel talks with GungHo CEO Kazuki Morishita about remastering Grandia III or returning to the series for a proper Grandia IV.

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
:O

Will Europe FINALLY get a way to play these games without importing?

For all the mediocrity that Grandia 3 is mired in, the battle system alone makes it worth playing. Though they weren't as popular

As for a new Grandia game... As long as that battle system is done right, there are likeable characters and Iwadare returns to do the OST I'd be THERE day 1!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Do it and make it available for all platforms.
My Steam monies are ready for one thing.
Or GOG money, just do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take it. For cheap.
Grandia III is fun before the Mom goes away.

But I wouldn't want them to make a new one called "Grandia IV" considering that the series creator is dead.
Maybe treat it as a reboot, or call it something else.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have digital museum and parallel trippers.

Not that I have any faith in gung ho to begin with though

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
More bugs than I would like with Grandia I & 2, hope they iron these out. And definitely hope they do a better job keeping them out for future remasters. But please keep them coming.

I am assuming Grandia HD collection has done well if they are thinking about remastering 3 and Extreme.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Would rather get Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue. AFAIK they showed interest in those as well.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Grandia Xtreme is muy underrated. It's not as good as 1 or 2, but certainly better than 3. It was even more ignored than 3 though :(

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they already considering it then the remaster must be doing well sales wise

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
YES DO XTREME PLEASE. It's the only one that's still stuck on its original disc release.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Grandia Xtreme has the best gameplay of the series. It was such a fucking joy to play through that.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Lol no thanks.

Neither are worth playing. Saying that as someone who counts Grandia 1 among her favorite games of all time.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
Grandia 3's story may be trash but the gameplay in that game is some of the best in any JRPG ever, so I am super excited by the possibility.

If it does happen, I hope that it's a good remaster, though. The combat system is good enough that it honestly doesn't matter a lot though, so long as that isn't screwed up or affected in any way.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I guess they are closer to Grandia 2 and that was the good part of the remaster collection so go for it.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I played Grandia III for more than 2 hours but I'll always remember this joint here

Ira

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who beat both, no thanks. That's not to say I didn't have any fun with them, but I'm not gonna lie, they're pretty mediocre, especially when held up against 1 and 2. I'd love another Grandia, but I can't have any optimism about such a project, just look what happened to poor Lunar.

Would rather get Lunar Silver Star and Eternal Blue. AFAIK they showed interest in those as well.
Also, this.

Last edited:

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I never played those and would love to see them available on modern platforms.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd love to get the Lunar games as well.

I'll take it. For cheap.
Grandia III is fun before the Mom goes away.

But I wouldn't want them to make a new one called "Grandia IV" considering that the series creator is dead.
Maybe treat it as a reboot, or call it something else.
Yup, I really liked Grandia III a ton before she leaves. Afterward it's just okay which kinda hurts it since it was just so good before, but it also has a great battle system so I'd still want a 4K remaster, and it'd look pretty good visually too.

Yeah, they'd probably have to give it a subtitle rather than a number.

Last edited:

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Good thing about Grandia is that since each game is a self-contained story, any future sequels can easily get away with "Grandia: Insert Subtitle Here".

Also agreed with Grandia III assessment, I didn't care much for any other characters or their plotlines other than MC's mother and the other older party member. I literally played through that game purely on the battle system alone, the story was so mediocre.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't care, the previous ports to Switch are bad and 3 and Extreme mediocre games.