• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Opening with a Eurythmics reference? Sold.

EDIT: Wow, there are some surprising Wong Kar-wai vibes to that cinematic. Very surprising and neat.

To be honest, my main hope from this resurrection was getting another anime series, since the original was pretty great, but the game here doesn't look too bad.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
that looked cool, but I would have preferred they stuck with 2D/cel shading.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Hahaha. Those character designs. When you try so hard to be stylish and just end up looking ridiculous.

Knew I was looking at something Japanese as soon as it showed an overdressed guy slouching in a chair.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hype. Was great to hear Here Comes the Rain at the start, too. Wonder if the girl will be playable, too (thought she was Mika at first, but apparently not).

Wasn't that Bunji? Wasn't expecting him to still be alive.
Opening with a Eurythmics reference? Sold.

EDIT: Wow, there are some surprising Wong Kar-wai vibes to that cinematic. Very surprising and neat.

To be honest, my main hope from this resurrection was getting another anime series, since the original was pretty great, but the game here doesn't look too bad.
Not a Eurythmics reference in this case. It was the theme from the first Gungrave on PS2.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hype. Was great to hear Here Comes the Rain at the start, too. Wonder if the girl will be playable, too (thought she was Mika at first, but apparently not).

Wasn't that Bunji? Wasn't expecting him to still be alive.

Not a Eurythmics reference in this case. It was the theme from the first Gungrave on PS2.

Completely forgot about that track. I miss the era of neat English anime EDs and end songs. Stand Alone Complex had one of my absolute favourites:

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I heard Here Comes the Rain and was so hyped. The first games was so fun for me and this looks amazing. The anime was also amazing loved it way more than Trigun.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The CG part was well choreographed and the gameplay bits looked more competent than I expected.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
That sure isn't the Brandon Heat I remember.

Also those models in that CGI cinematic looked very 2000 era.

I should rewatch the show again, it's one of my favorites.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This looks cool. I loved the original, but I never got round to finishing Overdose.

I couldn't stand the anime though.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That was a great trailer and the gameplay looks fun as ever. So glad for the this IP's return.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks good, though framerate and hud displayed during gameplay make for a sloppy showing

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Gungrave in the year of our lord 2019, I love it. The ps2 game is a pretty hidden gem

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
uh what? pretty sure that's not true, and that they intentionally went with an original story that lasted exactly 26

I read it in an interview a long ass time ago but I'm pretty sure it was cut short because it bombed hard in Japan.

Maybe it's not true, maybe it is. The source is long lost from what I can see.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I read it in an interview a long ass time ago but I'm pretty sure it was cut short because it bombed hard in Japan.

Maybe it's not true, maybe it is. The source is long lost from what I can see.

Pretty sure its not. 2 cour series like that are not created in such a fashion where they could predict trends. THey were already done with the episodes before they aired.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ya know, I really did enjoy gungrave and overdose on ps2. I even liked the anime quite a bit. My namesake on certain consoles and platforms even has the name Grave in it thanks to this series. I'm not super sold on this yet, but it looks pretty cool.