• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
I love how 00s mid tier Nipponese action game it looks, need more of those.

They had a movie long after the manga ended. A hunter x hunter/ fma brotherhood remake would be cool though.

Huh. I thought this was a vr game.
Why would you want a FMA Brotherhood remake? The anime isn't that old, was nearly perfect in every way and it was already a remake. HxH doesn't need a remake either, it too was already remade a few years ago, it need just a continuation of the story. I'm doubting you understand what remake means though.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Never expected a 3rd Gungrave game.

Never expected the gameplay looking improved.

Never expected a active thread.

I'm super excited for the OST and art direction.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere

Why would you want a FMA Brotherhood remake? The anime isn't that old, was nearly perfect in every way and it was already a remake. HxH doesn't need a remake either, it too was already remade a few years ago, it need just a continuation of the story. I'm doubting you understand what remake means though.
Alright smartass. A series closer to the manga is that better for you?

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas

I think what Akainu was trying to say was a Trigun remake, in the same way they remade the newer run of HxH and FMA.

I never gave gungrave a look way back when the game came out, but was a huge fan of Trigun. Didn't realize till just a few years ago that they were both by Nightow.

Oct 26, 2017
That sure isn't the Brandon Heat I remember.

Also those models in that CGI cinematic looked very 2000 era.

I should rewatch the show again, it's one of my favorites.
The anime was a completely different (and better imo) beast than the game.

This looks fun. I doubt they'll give it the budget price they gave Overdose here in North America back in the PS2 days.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Anyone else remember when this got announced and then never heard from again?

I think a modern "Brotherhood" style production of Trigun would do amazing. Badlands Rumble was incredible, but I need more. Inject Trigun into my veins damn it.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
This thread made me go look up if the Gungrave OSTs were on Apple Music. They're not, but some Trigun OSTs are.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, I'm in.

I think a modern "Brotherhood" style production of Trigun would do amazing. Badlands Rumble was incredible, but I need more. Inject Trigun into my veins damn it.
Wow I totally forgot about that unreleased game.
Yeah, it was great seeing it come back with Badlands Rumble, I'd love to see more Trigun in modern animation like that. Such a good show.

I think what Akainu was trying to say was a Trigun remake, in the same way they remade the newer run of HxH and FMA.

I never gave gungrave a look way back when the game came out, but was a huge fan of Trigun. Didn't realize till just a few years ago that they were both by Nightow.
That's what I assume too since both of those were two notable ones that actually got remakes (I'd like Soul Eater to get one too one day!), so I assumed a bit of a typo and he meant something like "a hunter x hunter/fma brotherhood-like remake".
Speaking of Nightow, Blood Blockade Battlefront is also by him and another great show, both seasons of the anime made so far were a ton of fun.

Last edited:

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Speaking of Nightow, Blood Blockade Battlefront is also by him and another great show, both seasons of the anime made so far were a ton of fun.

I had no idea! I had always seen this show on the periphery, but no one straight up recommended it to me. Definitely going to check it now.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea! I had always seen this show on the periphery, but no one straight up recommended it to me. Definitely going to check it now.
Enjoy it :)
It's New York City with the addition of city life now including aliens, monsters, paranormal abilities etc and follows the main character who ends up with the group that protects people from all the paranormal craziness. Tons of western scifi/movie references and Easter eggs as well.

Definitely a show you can go with whatever's your language preference too. The dub was fantastic.

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa I totally missed this announcement! Out of nowhere! I hated the games so much that I liked them but the anime was simply fantastic. One of my favorites of all time. The gameplay here actually looks really good. Can't wait!

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just in case anyone cares, this game was delayed in December because of them deciding to make this game more ambitious than what they planned it to be. They want the gameplay to be "tighter."

They had a few hires since September. Notable ones are

Isamu Kamikokuryo
Art Director of FFXII, XIII, XV and background art director of FFX

Benoit Ferriere
He'll be bringing Tokkun Stuido resources to the table. He'll be the art director for IGGYMOB

I hope they aren't biting off more than they can chew. They did get a Mega Grant from Epic Games. But the most that can go up to is $500,000.

I loved the first game back in my younger days and thought the anime was fantastic. I really want the IP to be bigger than what it is. So I hope this game does get a lot of love.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The trailer was genuinely my favourite thing to come out of TGS, I'm sure to the delay will be worth it.

Something about the look feels so PS2 era for me, love the style.