• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2018

He could just be talking about the TV show which got greenlighted the other day, but the Video Game Awards are coming up...

Either way seems like a strong indication The Last of Us franchise will continue past Part 2.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope we at least get a part 3. Part 2 is my game of the gen by a large margin. I need more!

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Easily the best writing/acting and music in a AAA game (though Destiny 2's music is really good too).

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Of course it will continue in game form in some way.
This is an expression of gratitude and fulfilment and doesn't refer to a specific project in all likelihood

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Bring on Part III

Perhaps I will have played and finished Part II on PS5 by then.. I hope.

I can only wonder what they will be able to pull off with their AI on a non-Jaguar CPU cluster.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In the short term he's definitely just talking about the tv show since it got greenlit the other day and will be entering production soon. I have no doubt Part 3 is coming but it'll be several years before they even start on it I'd imagine.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Short term he's definitely talking about the show, but we'll likely see Part III in the future, probably the PS5 swansong similar to how Part II was for the PS4.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After TLOU2 I'm not sure I want a part 3.

Those games, specifically the last one are just exhausting to play.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Factions, The Show and Part III. The man is gonna eat good with this next decade.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Ellie is very young in Part2, they could easily create several new games not only with her, but also set in that universe with other protagonists.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe music for Factions? It's way too early to even entertain TLoU3.

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI

fuck what anyone says, if it sells consoles spit them out like an assembly line.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Ellie turning into her own version of Joel would be interesting. Considering she lost everything by the end of TLOU2, even the ability to play the guitar

I used to be very skeptical of more TLOU when Part 2 was announced, but damn, after ND proved me wrong, I want more now.

OP
OP
UglySofaGaming
Nov 2, 2018
Short term he's definitely talking about the show, but we'll likely see Part III in the future, probably the PS5 swansong similar to how Part II was for the PS4.

Might just be wish fulfilment but I have a gut feeling the next project Naughty Dog does is Part 3.

I saw an interview with Neil near or post launch saying he was genuinely unsure if the studio would be moving on to something else or Part 3. Which means there's a chance.

End the gen with a new I.P or Uncharted 5 which baring any other studios dipping would be over 10 years since Uncharted 4

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
They ain't letting the series die after they got an HBO series greenlit. There will 100% be a part 3 and/or spin-offs on PS5. Don't forget Factions too, he might be doing some new music for that as well.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Factions and the show will have his music so might just be that. Part 3 is inevitable but I hope it isnt their next game. I want to see them tackle a new ip first at least.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Ellie turning into her own version of Joel would be interesting. Considering she lost everything by the end of TLOU2, even the ability to play the guitar

I used to be very skeptical of more TLOU when Part 2 was announced, but damn, after ND proved me wrong, I want more now.
Bingo that's how i feel it play out. We saw that happen with abby

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
The original Last of Us score was haunting and really stuck with me, can't say the same about TLOU 2. Hope they go with more the vibe from Part 1 for the TV series.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
The original Last of Us score was haunting and really stuck with me, can't say the same about TLOU 2. Hope they go with more the vibe from Part 1 for the TV series.

So I had the complete opposite reaction. Aside from the title track and a track called, "Home," the score for the first game didn't do much for me.

The score for TLOU2 floored me; one of the few contemporary game soundtracks I listen to often and all the way through.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Praying for the next ND game to be Part III with him returning for the soundtrack of course

Deleted member 60135

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 21, 2019
"I don't like thing, so nobody should have it"

I mean considering the absolutely atrocious crunch even by AAA standards and Neil getting mad people dunked on a guy for comparing his game about zombies to Schindler's List, I think it might be a bit more than that.

Like obviously the composer isn't responsible but wow a lot of people in this thread going "it's so pretty" while ignoring the people who made those grafix were hospitalized. It's genuinely sickening.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I mean considering the absolutely atrocious crunch even by AAA standards and Neil getting mad people dunked on a guy for comparing his game about zombies to Schindler's List, I think it might be a bit more than that.

Like obviously the composer isn't responsible but wow a lot of people in this thread going "it's so pretty" while ignoring the people who made those grafix were hospitalized. It's genuinely sickening.

But how making another game in the place of TLOU would solve that?

If anything, a new IP would need more work.