• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
If this can be done, then a functioning GameSphere is technically feasible.
1Bovv3l.gif

Personally, I'd like a DreamCube or a GameCast myself.

Preble

Nov 7, 2017
Bithead is really talented with this kinda stuff. He made a fish tank Super Nintendo too!

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool now, but that's gotta be hell to clean. Dust is gonna stick on the inside and it's gonna look like shit in a few weeks probably.

OP
OP
tapedeck

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is my kind of transparent console. Completely clear, as opposed to the "cloudy" clearness you usually see on transparent consoles.

I admit, I was nervous when he was cutting all these small parts for the top and lid. One wrong move and it would have been the end for his digits.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Awesome stuff, I wish I was more creative and able to do this sort of stuff. I'd love to mod and paint my stuff to look cooler

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I'm surprised we don't see a lot more people doing this.

Like why don't companies offer to make custom cases for modern consoles? I think they'd make a lot of money doing cool shit like swapping the default casing for transparent.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised we don't see a lot more people doing this.

Like why don't companies offer to make custom cases for modern consoles? I think they'd make a lot of money doing cool shit like swapping the default casing for transparent.

it's probably down to molding work being expensive, i randomly came across a custom build Dreamcast shell the other day and i think that was like $200 alone so these things probably won't be cheap to sell either

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Slightly disappointed, thought that circuitboards would have been transparent too and they'd made transparent metal compatible for transistors etc.

Ah well a see through case is still okay I guess... šŸ˜œ