• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care who wrote this. Give them/it the directors role for the new Batman movie

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Besides the orphan jokes, this isn't really doing anything for me. Those three orphan jokes are gold though.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
People still find them funny, enough that many are quoting it here and might use it for future reference. Keaton Patti did his job of staying memorable.

Honestly I'm just really *really* out of touch with meme culture. They were novel to me 10 years ago, but now it just feels like people rehashing ideas as fast as they can in an effort to become social media influencers or gain some kind of clout to market their social accounts...all the while people creating real, genuine content (artists, comedians, musicians) struggle to find any footing because society can't pay attention to anything for more than 60 god damn seconds.

I genuinely hate memes.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Bot or not... that was pretty fucking funny. I can easily see that working as a youtube short.

Deleted member 55568

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Honestly I'm just really *really* out of touch with meme culture. They were novel to me 10 years ago, but now it just feels like people rehashing ideas as fast as they can in an effort to become social media influencers or gain some kind of clout to market their social accounts...all the while people creating real, genuine content (artists, comedians, musicians) struggle to find any footing because society can't pay attention to anything for more than 60 god damn seconds.

I genuinely hate memes.
What does that have to do with the subject of this thread? This *is* "real, genuine content". This is as funny a script as you'll find in anything. This is genuinely great comedy writing that requires just as much work and talent as any other short-form comedy writing. You're being an old-fart format snob.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
What does that have to do with the subject of this thread? This *is* "real, genuine content". This is as funny a script as you'll find in anything.

It's a cover of an idea that's been done 40 times before (by the same dude). Anyway, I'm not gonna chill out in the thread, yall enjoy what you enjoy. I shouldn't have posted in here, lol. Have a good one.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

I genuinely hate memes.
he's a comedy writer. so this is what a comedy writer does with their social media

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Has any of these types of "bot-created script" ever been real?

Most of them, at least a majority of the most-viral ones are of a form similar to those "use autocorrect to finish this sentence" memes.
Something like the ones minmaxlr did here are trained on actual data and are what we'd think of as 'true' neural net output.
I'm pretty sure the ones from this guy are all completely faked, as in done by hand, though.

Tarantism

Nov 8, 2017

I genuinely hate memes.

I share your concerns. I would also add that I think they stunt conversations.

But I don't think this is a meme, just a gag that got stale for you. It would be a meme if everyone was making variations or quoting it all over social media.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I genuinely hate memes.

I think everyone who makes postmodern or surrealist memes secretly hates meme culture, sort of like how modern jazz and math rock are genres inspired by a frustration toward pop

diu1asxfc9g31.png

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I can't. This is amazing.

No he didn't, and no such a bot does not exist. If you ever hear of an AI take one medium, and turn it into another you 100% know it's fake. If the OP claimed "Thousands of batman scripts" and printed out a script, this can totally happen... but there is no bot that can "watch movies" and produce scripts.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No he didn't, and no such a bot does not exist. If you ever hear of an AI take one medium, and turn it into another you 100% know it's fake. If the OP claimed "Thousands of batman scripts" and printed out a script, this can totally happen... but there is no bot that can "watch movies" and produce scripts.
woosh

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
This premise is beyond stupid. Title should read "Guy writes 1 page of a comedy script, claims it's written by bot to maximize viewcount" x20

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Alfred, Batman's loyal batler, carries a tray of goth ham.
----------
Joker:
I have never followed a rule. That is my rule. Do you follow? I don't.
----------

I have tears

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The mental image of Michael Caine doing flips after getting launched by two face, then sticking the landing like a gold medalist in gymnastics, is amazing.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sitting here waiting to get a tire replaced after mine blew out on the freeway, and I damn near broke out in tears by the time I got happy batday birthman. It broke me.