• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't do much for me if fake, it's only funny if there is an algorithm behind it, imo.
Yup and this looks fake as hell

Again, it is absolutely confirmed that he writes these. He is a comedian.

They're still funny - some of them incredibly so - but seems like a lot of the replies in here are under the impression that this is actually a bot.

The fact that that he still continues to fool people is honestly a meme at this point, let alone the posts themselves. It's sort of like the Onion at this point.

Last edited:

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I can't. This is amazing.

I don't believe it. Anytime you see something like this, there's usually a catch. If you can see the process behind it, it's often something simple where the majority of the possible assets are already produced and the computer just puts them together in a way following an existing structure.

fake edit: Okay, I see it's fake.
Then it's not funny at all.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I am such a freak. Society is bad.
You drink water, I drink anarchy.

tenor.gif
Joker |OT| I am such a freak. Society is bad. You drink water, I drink anarchy.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
If nothing else, the AI fully understood The Joker's motivation and sense of humor. Not sure if I'm impressed or terrified by that...

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you people what the fuck

Too much directing on the page.
This is the thing that would kill turning it into an actual short. It would have to be narrated or something because a ton of the comedy is in the written direction which doesn't translate at all when you actually shoot it.

I considered making an animated short out of the Olive Garden one with the context being it was someone at Olive Garden corporate pitching the commercial to an executive to get around that but I never went through with it.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Omg this brought me such laughter and joy.....

"Its two face and one face!"

"Batman looks around for his parents, but they are still dead"

"Alfred, give birth to robin"

I havent laughed so hard in awhile

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't laughed this hard in idk how long.

I completely lost it when Alfred was flipped like a coin and two-face had to go home and could barely even read the rest.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the replies in this thread are cracking me up as much as the script.

It's like complaining about not finding This is Spinal Tap or The Office funny because they're not real documentaries.

It's just the chosen format for the gag, nobodies trying to pull a Joker joke on you.

OP
OP
Mendrox

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This, and OP/title should be fixed since a lot of ppl here still struggle to get the first point.

p.s. the "being written by a bot" is the setup btw, is what makes it funny and gives a justification for the whole nonsense.

No I wont fix it now because the group of people taking everything serious just adds to this thread. More than enough people laughed their asses off like me so mission accomplished

ara

Oct 26, 2017
One of the least funny pieces of writing I've ever witnessed.

Lmao I can't disagree. Weird texts written by actual bots, predictive keyboards etc. tend to be funny to me, but when it's just written by some dude, it immediately crosses into 2wacky4me territory.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Lmao I can't disagree. Weird texts written by actual bots, predictive keyboards etc. tend to be funny to me, but when it's just written by some dude, it immediately crosses into 2wacky4me territory.
Some of the fake ones are still funny, the way this was produced is irrelevant to me though. The text is just really unfunny (imo!!!1!!)

It's like the old SA articles about yahoo answers (how is babby formed etc.) but extremely forced and less funny.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the fake ones are still funny, the way this was produced is irrelevant to me though. The text is just really unfunny (imo!!!1!!)

It's like the old SA articles about yahoo answers (how is babby formed etc.) but extremely forced and less funny.

Yeah, true, maybe it's just this guy's brand of wacky weirdness that doesn't work for me. Like you said, just feels too forced. I remember laughing super hard at some of those damn you autocorrect text message conversations some years ago and all of those are fake as fuuuuuck lol.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's fake as everyone pointed out but I'm glad it is because if bots were able to make iconic lines like "Alltime orphan" and "You drink water, I drink anarchy" then we're in trouble.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Joker is a clown, but insane. Two-Face is a man, but attorney.

Only an AI can be so poetic and stupid at the same time

edit: knew its turn of phrase was too good

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh it feels too fake. The funniest AI things happen when it's just barley believable, or a poor emulation of plausible situations. In other words, like The Room. The machine learning ResetEra threads were perfect.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The people in here talking about whether this is real or not are just like when old people look at memes and instead of enjoying the joke they ask "Who is that? Do you know him?"