• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Bot or written by the guy doesn't matter ... i had tears in my eyes after reading this. This is hilarious, and i need a sketch comedy done from that page.

Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they have to go with the conceit of a bot writing it. I get that they're emulating the style but just call it "What a bot writing Batman would be like". Instead you're just muddying up a very complicated field.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm crying from laughing too hard, oh my god.

"A clownly power" is now setting me off. Pure genius.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Is this another one of the memes or did they actually train an algorithm on Batman film scripts?

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Not sure why everyone's discussing how fake this is and not how the thread title is wrong.... I mean, does it not bother anyone else that the bot watched less than 1000 hours?

Oct 26, 2017
I meant from the person doing 12 tweets about it. That's like a doctor telling me that these "has science gone to far" memes aren't actually real.

She works on neural nets so is actually an excellent voice on it. The fact is these would be funny without the memeing of bots. Instead it makes life harder for people who actually work with neural nets - specifically language training neural nets. Because a lot of people are fooled by the meme, this thread is pretty indicative of that.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I meant from the person doing 12 tweets about it. That's like a doctor telling me that these "has science gone to far" memes aren't actually real.

What?? It's incredibly obvious a lot of people believe it's actually AI generated, and really, if they're not particularly tech savvy, why wouldn't they? Hell, many HERE believe it, and video games and tech often walk hand in hand. Tons of non-tech people have quite a skewed understanding of AIs and neural nets and machine learning.

And let's be real, these wouldn't get nearly as many clicks if they were posted with a caption that actually reflected reality.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The fact that there aren't even 1000 hours of Batman movies to draw from just goes to show how little people understand the process of AI/classifier training

Deleted member 1445

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people in here talking about whether this is real or not are just like when old people look at memes and instead of enjoying the joke they ask "Who is that? Do you know him?"
Wut. It's literally posted as if it's a bot. Why are you defending clickbait bullshit? The fuck is this, all of a sudden clickbait is fine? Hell no.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
These aren't funny if they are fake though. I don't get it.
I am thoroughly amused at the idea that people can't find the humor because a robot didn't actually make this.
I mean, do you know how hard it is to get a robot to make things? and the deliberately "rough" robot craftsmanship...

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
??? Don't pretend as if it's a joke. Faking the bot stuff is clickbait.

Oh yeah, such a well-known subgenre, it's totally not just one twitter poster trying to clickbait people into getting more attention. 🙄
press harder, the more I believe you actually don't get it, the funnier this all becomes.
fake news!

Deleted member 1445

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
press harder, the more I believe you actually don't get it, the funnier this all becomes.
fake news!
Ugh, the contempt I feel right now, but alright then I'll continue. If you find it funny even though it's not real, sure that's alright, no problems there. But don't bullshit and say that the twitter poster isn't trying to fake this being an actual bot to clickbait people into reading it. Why do you feel the need to bullshit about that part? That part isn't a joke. Just be real here, it's clickbait, because they know people wouldn't read it if they made it clear they wrote it themselves from the get go.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, the contempt I feel right now, but alright then I'll continue. If you find it funny even though it's not real, sure that's alright, no problems there. But don't bullshit and say that the twitter poster isn't trying to fake this being an actual bot to clickbait people into reading it. Why do you feel the need to bullshit about that part? That part isn't a joke. Just be real here, it's clickbait, because they know people wouldn't read it if they made it clear they wrote it themselves from the get go.
i like the comedic exposition in your intro, i will also continue.
Can I interest you in a used pusher bot? Do you have any stairs?
(fake robot comedy bits are probably older than you are. so ask yourself, was he selling a joke or was he selling a robot?)