• It's the most wonderful time of the year! Make your list and check it twice. The ResetEra Games of the Year 2019 Voting Thread is now live. Voting will be open for the next 8 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes, 54 seconds, and will close on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:00 AM.

Guy goes to Midwest Furfest. Cringe and hilarity ensue

LukarWuff

Oct 27, 2017
5 pages in, and we now have how many furries coming out?

Just another fucked up weird hobby in the life of some resetera members I guess..

*Shoutout to my 4000yo dragon fam with blu and green scales WOOP WOOP we know what's real.*

5k? Seriously?
Hahaha yeah. Fuck people having harmless fun and just being themselves regardless of what others think, am I right? What losers.

you sound like an absolute bore at parties

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
As a whole our culture is getting better with people other than straight cis men being horny on main, I can only see more furry acceptance in the future!

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Served a group of dudes who were at some Furry convention when I worked at Denny's.

They were chill AF and I got this photo with em.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Oct 25, 2017
Felt bad for them because when the heads came off, they were sooooooo sweaty underneath.
It's in Florida. seems like an awful place for a furry convention.
Doesn't really matter where you are. Suits are muggy and hot. It's couch foam, fur, and plastic with a few vents. Eventually your core will overheat and you'll start sweating.

I nearly collapsed one time in a cool room because of bad head construction. Took off the top half and laid on the floor while my best friend was obliviously trying to get some commission opportunities. A fan of my suit got me water and I continued sitting there trying to figure out if I was gonna vomit.

It's fun!!!

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Doesn't really matter where you are. Suits are muggy and hot. It's couch foam, fur, and plastic with a few vents. Eventually your core will overheat and you'll start sweating.

I nearly collapsed one time in a cool room because of bad head construction. Took off the top half and laid on the floor while my best friend was obliviously trying to get some commission opportunities. A fan of my suit got me water and I continued sitting there trying to figure out if I was gonna vomit.

It's fun!!!
*panting intensifies*

Opto

Oct 28, 2017
Some of you have such vanilla exposure to fetishes. I'm not saying it has to be your bag but I'm worried you'd feint if you saw a woman break out the strap for a guy.

Ketsen

Oct 25, 2017
I generally just lurk around the boards near-daily, but this seemed like a fun topic to post in for a change!

From personal experience, a fair bit of furry/furry-adjacent communities can definitely be good influences. If it wasn't for friends I ultimately got from a snowball effect of when I first commissioned a costume from them, it likely would've taken me longer to build up a good support group that helped me move away from a mentally-exhausting family and mature a bit in life in general.

I definitely need to get to a convention again sometime, I think my last was MFF back in 2015. I was briefly around in one of these two suits, which are a bit closer to the realistic(/uncanny valley) side:

(And there's another coming from the same maker likely this year and it's been paid off for a while, so more reason to get back to cons!)

As for the video, most of them definitely seem in on the joke. And they're having fun, so it seems fine!

Yōkai_0h-No

Nov 20, 2018
As a whole our culture is getting better with people other than straight cis men being horny on main, I can only see more furry acceptance in the future!
I remember early in the 2000’s when furry’s were mocked to the point that it became very vitriolic. I think once the nazis/“alt right” came out of the internet woodwork that people realised furrys were one of the better community’s on the internet and real life.

Oct 26, 2017
Brasil

It's fun!!!
Given the suits seem to be relatively large and not skin-tight, isn't possible to install some pc coolers running on batteries? (And doing this, also add leds to enhance the suit itself?)

Really not knowledgable with this community so, please take no offence if this sounded silly.

Last edited:

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Oct 25, 2017
Given the suits seem to be relatively large and not skin-tight, isn't possible to install some pc coolers running on batteries? (And doing this, also add leds to enhance the suit itself?)
Professional suits actually aren't that large for the person they're meant for, as the more tailored they are the better they look. (Mine was built off a duct-tape model of myself, and as such it's actually a bit tight because I'm a noob). The fur fabric gives the impression of bulk as it's usually a couple of inches long, and padding for body shapes is usually a snug pillow that conforms to the wearer. You can build and tailor a fursuit that takes into account space for a fan in the head or even a cooling vest, and people have done it, but cooling vests aren't super recommended anymore. You can feel cool to the skin while your core remains hot, and that makes heat exhaustion much harder to detect for the wearer and thus ironically more dangerous with a cooling vest on.

Most people just tough it out and follow some general safety rules: For every hour you suit, take a 15 minute break with the head off and get some liquids in you. Wear sweat-wicking clothes underneath like Underarmor. Ignore "Disney Performance" rules if you suddenly become overwhelmed with heat exhaustion symptoms. Shower, get six hours of sleep, and three meals a day. And a few days before a convention or event, hydrate yourself as much as possible anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Brasil
Professional suits actually aren't that large for the person they're meant for, as the more tailored they are the better they look. (Mine was built off a duct-tape model of myself, and as such it's actually a bit tight because I'm a noob). The fur fabric gives the impression of bulk as it's usually a couple of inches long, and padding for body shapes is usually a snug pillow that conforms to the wearer. You can build and tailor a fursuit that takes into account space for a fan in the head or even a cooling vest, and people have done it, but cooling vests aren't super recommended anymore. You can feel cool to the skin while your core remains hot, and that makes heat exhaustion much harder to detect for the wearer and thus ironically more dangerous with a cooling vest on.

Most people just tough it out and follow some general safety rules: For every hour you suit, take a 15 minute break with the head off and get some liquids in you. Wear sweat-wicking clothes underneath like Underarmor. Ignore "Disney Performance" rules if you suddenly become overwhelmed with heat exhaustion symptoms. Shower, get six hours of sleep, and three meals a day. And a few days before a convention or event, hydrate yourself as much as possible anyway.
I see.

They really give the impression that there is space inside, but without it coolers are worthless since there will be no airflow inside the suit. As you said you'll just end with small patches of cooler skin.

Doing something that really provided cooling, would probably cost a lot, besides carring a, not so small or practical, case with hoses attached.

TheHunter

Oct 25, 2017
5 pages in, and we now have how many furries coming out?

Just another fucked up weird hobby in the life of some resetera members I guess..

*Shoutout to my 4000yo dragon fam with blu and green scales WOOP WOOP we know what's real.*

5k? Seriously?
There's alot of em.

They also don't like Trump or Nazis which makes them already better than 40% of the US.

Oct 25, 2017
This dude's channel is amazing. It has simultaneously made me want to go to a furcon, and has also confirmed everything I thought going to a Nascar event would be like.
That first furry in that video, the black one, I wanna be friends with that guy.