• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
You know as easy as it is to laugh a people.

I do envy them for just flat out doing what they want to do and enjoying it. There is nothing in my life I embrace as fully as people do with their passions. Hats off to them for that.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything literal about furries? Like do some actually believe they have an actual literal connection to their fursona?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Want to know the big secret? Being a furry is as commonplace as being an anime fan. There's just a bigger stigma so people hide it more. Anime is finally coming around to being accepted in the mainstream again, and eventually that will extend to furrydom. It's just fans of cartoon animals.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything literal about furries? Like do some actually believe they have an actual literal connection to their fursona?
Big diverse group, you'll get a variety of answers depending on who you ask (not a furry, but have had several friends who are, and even in that small sample size there were very different views).

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I completely understand your question, but many furries are attached to their fursonas because they are characters they create themselves, to represent themselves however they see fit. They're our avatars / personas, and we put a lot of time (and often money) into creating them and having them depicted in artwork and such, so of course we get attached to them.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's a fringe subset of people who do. Most do not, including the actual fursuiters.

What does it matter tho?

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Witten is a real person and not just an act, she really needs some help. She made me feel sad and uncomfortable.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I immediately watched all his videos.

I've also been to AlienCon once, it was some good fun. And now I have a silly podcast about it.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I had no idea flat earthers were also anti-semitic. Like, what in the fuck.

Antisemitism is deeply ingrained in the flat earth movement, as it is with most conspiracy theories. In that documentary Netflix did, one of those assholes talked about his favorite books. The doc failed to mention that the trash he was talking about was fully neo-nazi propaganda. They aren't just harmless wackjobs, these movements are filled with nazis and those that accept them because they agree with each other on some bullshit like the earth being flat.

It's easy to just laugh at the idiots, but they could all jump off the edge of the earth and I wouldn't shed a tear.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
If Witten is a real person and not just an act, she really needs some help. She made me feel sad and uncomfortable.

Actually, it appears it isn't.

Her Twitter, from an above post, has pictures of everything from her definitely pregnant (and saying her parents adopted the baby), to her holding guns, "period" blood on her feet/body, to a picture of her reflection in a duct-taped to the wall mirror..having sex with her boyfriend.

I don't think it is an act....a bit concerning, but you never know with stuff like this.

She's got some dedication and is one heck of an artist if it's all fake, haha. (I suppose one could turn out a "persona" / "art" like that if they wanted to.)

As for the videos, this guy is entertaining in a weird way.

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Context aside I don't really get how showing a gelatin egg up your ass is any more confusing than a string of beads

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017

Her Twitter, from an above post, has pictures of everything from her definitely pregnant (and saying her parents adopted the baby), to her holding guns, "period" blood on her feet/body, to a picture of her reflection in a duct-taped to the wall mirror..having sex with her boyfriend.

I don't think it is an act....a bit concerning, but you never know with stuff like this.

She's got some dedication and is one heck of an artist if it's all fake, haha. (I suppose one could turn out a "persona" / "art" like that if they wanted to.)

The level she is taking it, even if it WAS an act, it isn't anymore. She IS the character.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

It's an act in that she's made a sort of brand but it's not an act in that she really is a sketchy white girl.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I find fetishes a lot more... understandable(?) when I remember that they're usually a result of childhood trauma. So when a young kid gets terrified by something the brain rewires that to the pleasure center to compensate. Makes it pretty clear how people could land on "alien impregnation"

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah yeah the video is funny and all, but

Why is it always the exact same kind of cartoony suit? How did it become so specific?

I need answers.

No idea, perhaps some average of how people draw cartoons since the average sona gets drawn in dozens of styles by all kinds of different artists. This is what furries look like in Japan, very different basic body template:

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Why be all bothered by what people are enjoying by themselves at a convention? What, are we early 2000s Something Awful now?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Why be all bothered by what people are enjoying by themselves at a convention? What, are we early 2000s Something Awful now?

Nerds like to pick on other nerds lower on the social ladder. Furries are like an amalgamation of acceptable targets katamari'd into one punching bag.