• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
We Millennials were born between 1981 and 1996 and I see some people confusing us for kids that grew up on the 2000s after 9/11 for some reason.

I see a lot of 30 year old people shitting on us...I mean, you are a Millennial too.

I see a lot of youngsters shitting on us too. Sorry that you missed 90s as a kid/teen and had to settle for the 2000s and 2010s. You will never know how good the 90s were for us kids back then. We used to go outside to play and not be glued to a screen for 10 hours a day which is a alien concept today

And for the old people...OK Boomer.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I think this picture fits well with this topic.

3chjoo.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Millennials are honestly never not going to be shat on because we're the generation that witnessed the world change.

When we were younger, you played outside, everyone knew everyone on the street, the internet didn't really exist, mobile phones had buttons and tiny green and black screens... You could totally go a weekend or longer without going near anything that needed electricity to run.

Then before we even hit our twenties the internet blew up, everything from Facebook to iPhones to, yes, horrific events like 9/11 changed the world and people lost that... connection? they once had. Nobody on my street talks to each other, kids don't play outside, everyone is always on their phones... Somehow we're more connected than ever yet we've never been further apart.

Millennials are the transitionary generation that the neither the generation before us nor the generation after us can relate to because because we're stuck in the middle of two generations that hate each other with a passion and because we're the generation that marks the world going under such a monumental shift, we're usually the ones blamed for it.

Yet if you ask me, I think we're the ones best suited to change the world for the better. We know what things used to be like and what they are now. We have a pretty unique perspective. If anyone can take the past and the present and make a future better than both, it's us.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
90% of these generational divides are just horoscopes by a different name for people to sell books. There aren't a lot of meaningful differences over such short time periods. Time will wipe a lot of them away and merge a lot of things together.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
The millenial term seems interchangeable with teens or boomers at the moment. It's a weird time to be alive.

Dec 2, 2017
Yet if you ask me, I think we're the ones best suited to change the world for the better. We know what things used to be like and what they are now. We have a pretty unique perspective. If anyone can take the past and the present and make a future better than both, it's us.

Ironically, these are the exact words boomers spent the 1960s saying. Somehow everyone forgot they were the love generation.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I mean us millenials born before 96 mix up early 2000s nostalgia for 90s nostalgia, and lets be honest 95 and 96 straight up can't have nostalgia for the late 90s cause early memories come in at 3 years old. Like I was born in 93 and my earliest memories are in 96, but they are too vague. My earliest memory of cinema is either Pokemon the 1st Movie or something earlier in 98.
Millennials are honestly never not going to be shat on because we're the generation that witnessed the world change.

When we were younger, you played outside, everyone knew everyone on the street, the internet didn't really exist, mobile phones had buttons and tiny green and black screens... You could totally go a weekend or longer without going near anything that needed electricity to run.

Then before we even hit our twenties the internet blew up, everything from Facebook to iPhones to, yes, horrific events like 9/11 changed the world and people lost that... connection? they once had. Nobody on my street talks to each other, kids don't play outside, everyone is always on their phones... Somehow we're more connected than ever yet we've never been further apart.

Millennials are the transitionary generation that the neither the generation before us nor the generation after us can relate to because because we're stuck in the middle of two generations that hate each other with a passion and because we're the generation that marks the world going under such a monumental shift, we're usually the ones blamed for it.

The real transitional generation sandwhiched between gens are 90-94. We have tons in common with a lot of mid to late 80s peole, but we are also extremely close to the major cut off at 96. I say major cause that gap is fucking WIDE. I'm not talking about a decade gap for people who literally had the last entire childhoods without internet, I'm talking about growing up with relatively the same stuff but having no fucking clue what they are talking about.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I was a kid in the 90s and all I did was play videogames and watch cartoons.

That whole 'we played outside!' is not true for a lot of us

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
We used to go outside to play and not be glued to a screen for 10 hours a day which is a alien concept today

Maybe you didn't. Remember that millennials are the first generation to be affected by the "stranger danger" scare. I went outside, but never that far, no further than the playground about a 10 minute walk away. I only rode my bike when it was with my dad. Then when I got an SNES at age 8, I pretty much stopped going outside altogether. My best childhood memories are spent watching Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, playing my SNES, playing PC in the late '90s, and my early time on message boards and mIRC. So yeah, I was glued to a screen for 10 hours a day, and remember that the boomers' parents complained that they were glued to their TV screens.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We Millennials were born between 1981 and 1996 and I see some people confusing us for kids that grew up on the 2000s after 9/11 for some reason.

I see a lot of 30 year old people shitting on us...I mean, you are a Millennial too.

I see a lot of youngsters shitting on us too. Sorry that you missed 90s as a kid/teen and had to settle for the 2000s and 2010s. You will never know how good the 90s were for us kids back then. We used to go outside to play and not be glued to a screen for 10 hours a day which is a alien concept today

And for the old people...OK Boomer.
Exactly. I was born in 82. I am 37 fucking years old, lol. Stop shitting on the God.

Edit: You don't wanna know what I was up to in the streets, lol. A nigga DEFINITELY was outside, though.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I used to play blind mans bluff in the fucking street at night lol like running around the nieghbourhood with your eyes closed looking for your mates hiding in bushes. We would have been a pedos golden goose if they knew about it but damn we were fast they wouldn't be able to catch us on account of healthy outside play and all that.

Suprised a buss didn't catch us though.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
We used to go outside to play and not be glued to a screen for 10 hours a day.
I was born in 86 and grew up in the 90's. I remember my parents saying "when we were young, kids played outside", when they thought we were playing too many videogames. It's kind of ironic seeing a fellow 90's kid making the same generalisations.

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah a lot of people don't know the age ranges, I saw people between 30 and 35 shitting on millennials and all I could do was laugh.

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
90% of these generational divides are just horoscopes by a different name for people to sell books. There aren't a lot of meaningful differences over such short time periods. Time will wipe a lot of them away and merge a lot of things together.

yes, this is absolutely true and I wish more people could see this. All of these labels are arbitrary social constructs.

Status
Not open for further replies.