• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all remember this?

I've always been fascinated by this particular project. So bummed out and mad at the cancellation.
Interesting looking back at the development and the legacy, much of the info here I didn't knew.
What would have been indeed.

(GVMERS is a great channel that you should be subscribed to u.u )

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I remember this. They had several brief tech demo videos around the launch of the 360. I would say these informed my expectations for that generation of games and in this way, Project Offset had a lasting impression on me.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this for sure. There was a lot of hype for it and Intel's Larrabee. Just one of those things that didn't pan out.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man this sounds ambitous for TODAY, can't imagine them doing it back then

creamcake

Oct 25, 2017
I remember following this game so heavily back in the day. It was going to be a revolution. The graphics still look fine today. They looked amazing back when this stuff was revealed.

It's a shame their technology became... Firefall.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, i remember fondly. One of the best looking tech demos at that era. Shame the developers went on to develop mobile games after this.

Also if anyone remembers there was another PS exclusive title which promised 1080p/60 and had a tech demo. forgot what it was

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, i remember fondly. One of the best looking tech demos at that era. Shame the developers went on to develop mobile games after this.

Also if anyone remembers there was another PS exclusive title which promised 1080p/60 and had a tech demo. forgot what it was

War Devil.

I had a friend who interviewed at the studio in the UK and he quickly found out that the entire thing was a mess and that there wasn't really a game there, just the hopes and dreams of a pretty egotistical studio owner.

RiZ IV

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sad what happened with this. Idk if this would have ever come out even if intel hadn't gotten involved though. What struck me watching that video was that those visuals still look damn impressive even today.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I remember it, posted on their forums regularly for a bit then intel bought them up and it all got shut down after a while :(, was so bummed it got canned cause it looked great back then.

Was shaping up to be like a fantasy lotr style Battlefield game from what I remember.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
We're just talking about this game in the canceled games thread. It still hurts that we didn't get this game, the world needs more high fantasy RPG FPS games.