• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I've been having fun with a Dettlaff vampire deck. Definitely need to figure out what bronzes work because the vampire ones suck (no pun)

Excited to try out Skellige berserk deck. I haven't played Skellige in almost 2 years now lol

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
oh fuck me just read the patch notes, Crach got obliterated

Guess I'm back to square one. Might wait a few days and see how the meta shakes out. This is frustrating.

Fixed an issue whereby, when using a gamepad, canceling a match search in Seasonal or Classic mode would result in Training mode being selected.
This is good though, was annoying.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Can't play until Saturday so right now I'm just watching vods to net deck.

Definitely wanna try out harmony ST and berserk bear SK.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Surely a provision or power change alone would have been enough for the Witchers. Poor boys got slaughtered.

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever a lot of new cards are added I make a deck with only new cards so I can figure out which ones will play best with existing cards. Needless to say I've been getting swamped trying to play a vampire only deck. I don't know what in the fuck I'm doing. It's all for research, though.

Also I didn't realize just how much ore I had. I was able to get 300 Crimson Curse kegs and I've got enough for another 100. I'll stock pile them for the next expansion. I was lucky and got most gold cards animated and only had to spend 3,000 of my 15,000 MP animating the remaining Monster and Neutral cards.

Finally, I'm disappointed they didn't add a new board. I was looking forward to a new one.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Welp made the mistake of trying to play Crach, getting absolutely trampled

I'm back to starter deck tier matches, thanks so much CDPR. I know people call the game generous but it's sure feeling like "fuck you pay me" right now. Not even giving full mill value back on nerfed cards is especially dirty.

e: just realized that with the new patch the lightbar on the DS4 glows red. okay CDPR, you win a few cute points for that one

Last edited:

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Berserk Skellige is such a 200 IQ deck. I'm constantly roping thinking of the million possible permutations.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Opened 194 kegs yesterday:

63 gold
49 premium

Which is pretty much the entire expansion. Crafted the rest and still have 20 billion scraps left lol. Still mad about the no premium crafting with scraps though. Powder is super rare and I miss having a full premium collection. I have some but it's too expensive to craft all I'm missing I think.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Dettlaff decks seem to be very strong, but that's because Higher Vampire is super undercosted for how much value it gives. I've put Regis: Bloodlust in my deck to deal with it. Just have to hope they don't clone it with Caranthir or Whispering Hillock.

Spent the afternoon grinding out the season tree for the Aelirenn avatar. I also got the cardback at the same time. The new seasonal mode is fun, and doesn't seem as annoyingly abusable as the last one was with Lippy. Assimilate is actually very good in this mode because your deck is cloned, so half your deck triggers it.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I just had a glitch where using a Dettlaff leader charge didn't take the two damage off an enemy. I needed to attack a 10-point Kayran in order to get dominance so my Protofleder drains instead of damages. It threw me off guard.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This game is somehow even more miserable to play than it was before.

Gonna have to mill every card I have to try and build a deck when the meta settles. Or start from scratch.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, Usurper lock decks. Probably the most nofunallowed.jpg I've seen in a game. And I've played against Esper control in Magic.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
Infantry for sure. Seems to be 2x in just about every Nilfgaard deck. Traheaern sometimes.
I'm surprised its actually catching on. I've been running usurper for a little while. Made a deck on gwentup thats doing ok. I'm part of the problem I know... I mean, the way I see it is why not just turn off the opponent's leader? Being able to flip that switch is pretty busted imo. As much as I like the deck I wish CDPR would make a neutral card to re-enable leader instead of only just the new nilfgaard card.

Habaneroguy

Nov 4, 2018
Anyone have a chance to make an effective Scoia'tael deck with the harmony mechanic yet? I'm wanting to move on to Scoia'tael but I'm still muddling around with northern realms and admittedly liking the return of shields from closed beta. Vitality is a fun mechanic to kind of pass and have the board go on and press in on card advantage. Northern realms seems to be more consistent and generally in a much better place.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Anyone have a chance to make an effective Scoia'tael deck with the harmony mechanic yet?

Pumpkin put out a YouTube guide on a harmony deck. Shinmiri also has been streaming Dana harmony. Most good decks I have seen only run the Brokilon water and sirsa as only harmony cards. Then there's movement as engine and oak, cleaver as removal.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
FYI Assimilate triggers off the doubled units in Seasonal mode so if you need a good chunk of reward points, just make an Assimilate deck and you can get to 1000 procs in a few hours for the quests.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Made a few decks and I'm finding the Svalblod one the most enjoyable since it does a bit of everything all at the same time. I had a mirror match and between all the self wounding and buffs going on I don't think either of us knew what the hell the final score was gonna be lol. I can tell I'm rusty since a lot of my sequencing is terrible.

Deathbysound

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but this game will be soon coming on mobile for both IOS and Android.

Oct 27, 2017
First time playing since the patch and losing like every game.

Thought long r3 engine Meve might still work but everyone out points me by like 20-30 lol.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
What's up with people trying to play non-interactive decks again?

Played a Gerni that only relies on the fruits and Francesca spell deck.

Crushed them both but it was pretty funny they try so hard to make these decks work.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They really really need to patch in card glow or something for effect triggers. I lost a game because I didn't know which version of a card was the copy for assimilate.

Also shield should actually be a shield or glow like in Hearthstone, not an icon.

e: farming assimilate has become a nightmare. why is everyone going for 2nd round wins? I'm buffing YOUR guys, I'm clearly not trying to win this, just let me combo off and you're guaranteed a win anyway

e2: yeah some good guy let me go off, 1000 assimilates done

Last edited:

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Since I finished Sekiro, it is time to return to my card games.

Unpacked a premium Knut, so I went with a Berserk deck for now. Since I Skellige is my most played faction that was a given anyway. Not 100% sure yet how to pilot it, but that's a fun self-damage mechanic.

Since I don't have the ressources like some beta players, I need to be careful with what I craft. Want to do a Dana deck next.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Since I finished Sekiro, it is time to return to my card games.

Unpacked a premium Knut, so I went with a Berserk deck for now. Since I Skellige is my most played faction that was a given anyway. Not 100% sure yet how to pilot it, but that's a fun self-damage mechanic.

Since I don't have the ressources like some beta players, I need to be careful with what I craft. Want to do a Dana deck next.

If you want a Berserk deck your main golds to aim for are Vildkaarl, Hym and Olaf imo.

Knut is ok of course, but the other three are the big power play cards.

Oct 27, 2017
If you want a Berserk deck your main golds to aim for are Vildkaarl, Hym and Olaf imo.

Knut is ok of course, but the other three are the big power play cards.
Got my ass delivered to me in a spectacular way yesterday with that combo. I won 5 games in a row and needed just one more to transition to rank 4 and ...Boom! The setback was real, I'm still shook :)
I must craft that deck myself.

Question: Vildkaarl transformed into Champion of Svalblod can heal himself, right? Also, you can use that ability (heal) only once or..?

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Got my ass delivered to me in a spectacular way yesterday with that combo. I won 5 games in a row and needed just one more to transition to rank 4 and ...Boom! The setback was real, I'm still shook :)
I must craft that deck myself.

Question: Vildkaarl transformed into Champion of Svalblod can heal himself, right? Also, you can use that ability (heal) only once or..?

Yeah, and only can heal once since it doesn't have Cooldown or Charges iirc. You can use the Hym combo on either Champion of Svalblod or Olaf. Olaf will boost himself back up or Champion requires you to destroy an ally (can use something like a Harald skull).

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Going for that Demavend mastery contract in seasonal. He's impossible to win consistently with on ladder, but he's so busted in seasonal. Only way to do it.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Went 9-2 in CC Arena with 4 Treant boar and 3 Sigvalds. Both losses were against Crimson Curse decks with Detlaff: Higher Vampire.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Torn on this upcoming Dettlaff nerf, I hate that he's 75% of my games, but also he's a really easy matchup for my deck lol

Also latest emergency patch added some weird graphical errors on PS4. Not gamebreaking but it's like streaming gone wrong or something.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
At 90 wins with Demavend now, only 10 more to go. I don't know which contract I will go for afterwards. I'm enjoying this seasonal mode a lot, it's so fun, haven't touched ranked for days now.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Got destroyed by Bran deck twice in my rank up match from rank 6 to 5.
Bran decks are just way too consistent and it doesn't help that I go first.
Finally won against Bran by single digit with a card up going into round 3.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Started doing the seasonal mode. The Assimilate stuff is really fun there. I think I'm actually grind that out.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Great Oak is just bizarre. Not only do you get removal worth more than the provision cost (really easy to ensure at least 6 units on the row), but you never have to worry about overkilling something. Only downside is that you can't shut down engines at the beginning of a round. And even then, cards like Fauve can populate a row pretty damn fast.

Oct 27, 2017
Reached 0 (Pro w00t!) for the first time last night. Have Monsters, Scoiatael and Nilfgaard at 100%
Time to beef up Skellige and Northern Realms.
What should I do once all 5 are at 100%? Just pick one faction and push forward?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Haven't had much time to play the last few days, but when I have I've been working on Bleed and Vitality contracts. I made a fun deck for it with Orianna, and it's been pretty good in the seasonal mode (Anna decks are so damn annoying with their Purify, filling up my board and stealing stuff from my deck).

I don't know if I want to try and complete some leader specific contracts before the season ends, or just work on the mechanic ones like I'm doing with Bleed. I only did Demavend's because I never play him in ranked (and likely never will).

Reached 0 (Pro w00t!) for the first time last night. Have Monsters, Scoiatael and Nilfgaard at 100%
Time to beef up Skellige and Northern Realms.
What should I do once all 5 are at 100%? Just pick one faction and push forward?

Well if you want to remain in pro ladder at end of the season you need to keep playing each of your 4 chosen factions to keep your MMR at high enough score to remain in the top 500 (pro ladder leaderboard). You don't need to play all 5 factions.

If you don't care about staying on pro ladder at end of season just play whatever you want.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Ozzrel should exist in its current form. It's too safe and strong graveyard hate since you can always use it for great value in your own graveyard. A card that's easily 11 for 9 just for your own synergies, but can also completely destroy your opponent's game plan if they're playing for graveyard. Sounds reasonable.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Anyone remember how much more meteorite powder you get during the last time they were on sale?

EDIT: Found a screenshot online. Apparently meteorite powder are much cheaper now compared to before. You get 7200 for $40 while it was apparently $65 before. Not a bad deal honestly.