Gwent: Witcher Card Game: |OT| Gwent! More Gwent!

ZeroX

Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I know I'm a month behind but just saw that they killed the console versions. Jesus. Glad I'm bailed when I did.

I guess I'll transfer just in case I want to play in future but god damn.

e: they also made trophies unobtainable without warning, god damn

Last edited:

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll do a PS5/Series version of Gwent that has crossplay/crossprogression with PC/phone. That would make sense while killing off the game for old consoles. Probably not, but I hope Gwent has longevity because I really like it.

Ctrl Alt Del

Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
While the Android version can't come soon enough (btw, anyone has a window of when it's coming out?), I've recently come back to the game late on last season. This Witcher seasonal, though, is pretty dope. So many points and Igni opportunities it makes me think of old three rows Gwent.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
While the Android version can't come soon enough (btw, anyone has a window of when it's coming out?), I've recently come back to the game late on last season. This Witcher seasonal, though, is pretty dope. So many points and Igni opportunities it makes me think of old three rows Gwent.
For Android, they've only said before the end of Q1. There's a dev stream 6PM CET Monday though, so maybe we will find out more then.

ZeroX

Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Completed Thronebreaker (meh) and transferred my account from PS4. Played a little on mobile... this game is not suited for phone size screens lol. I'm on a Pro Max and everything is readable but it's just not designed for something this small, whereas Hearthstone and Runeterra were designed for it obviously. I'll download on iPad, it should be fine on that size screen.

I see my boys in Skellige are (checks) absolute trash right now :(

veras

Oct 27, 2017
What's the barrier of entry for this game like for a new F2P player right now? As an HS player I think that game is really tough to get into without spending money at this point, but I understand Gwent is much more generous

Also, any guides/tips for maximizing early resources?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Valentine's Day event is Team Yen vs Team Triss vs Team Shani. Cheeky. The cardbacks look really nice, and there is a Dana alt for 1600 powder in the shop.

What's the barrier of entry for this game like for a new F2P player right now? As an HS player I think that game is really tough to get into without spending money at this point, but I understand Gwent is much more generous

Also, any guides/tips for maximizing early resources?
CDPR have said they don't want people feeling like they have to spend money to collect all the cards, and I know there is quite a lot of F2P players with full collections. I can't say in comparison to HS as I've never played it, but it is easy enough to earn resources just by playing dailies, completing contracts, etc.

Though it should be said that CDPR buff/nerf cards regularly, and have stopped giving full mill for reworked cards, which is more hurtful to F2P players. You can craft a top tier card one month then next month CDPR nerf it and it falls out of the meta.

As for maximizing resources, the lore nodes (scroll icons) in reward trees give increasing ore (to buy packs) for each one you unlock, which ends up better than spending on regular ore nodes. I think some of the reward trees may have better paths for rewards too, like they require less points than others to get to the value nodes and things like that. I think Skellige's faction tree is one of them. You can also check the contracts tab to see which are the easiest contracts too.

Also as soon as you unlock ranked stick to playing it (Classic mode) because at the end of the season you'll get rewards. Lots of new players think casual is better for them, but casual is still full of people playing the best decks like ranked is yet you will get no rewards at the end of the season. So ranked is generally always best.

For other guides maybe these links will be helpful (I'm not sure if any of the information will be outdated since CDPR likes changing things a little too much)

Moose

Oct 25, 2017
I really want that Shani cardback, anyway I picked the only right option for the event and went Team Triss.